In the process of blowing up my bag and getting all JDM stuff!

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I got a wild bug and looking at my brothers bag, I'll be gaming an all JDM bag this year! Just made my last purchase today. I'm going to build everything.

Driver - Vega Rad - 03
4 wood - Kamui TP-07s Typhoon Pro
7 wood - SYB W422V
4 hybrid - A-Grind UT Proto Utility
5 hybrid - A-Grind Utility wood
6-pw - Dance with Dragon Black Head
48* Fourteen MT 28 V5 Shimada Wedge Flex
52* Fourteen MT 28 V5, Spinner Wedge
56* Fourteen MT 28 V5, Spinner Wedge
Putter - Scotty SD 5

I guess I still need to get a JDM putter.

Anyways, I can't wait. I'll be listing most things in my bag, so keep an eye out!

Last edited:
Cant wait to see some pics of the new set up! Only brands i have heard of are Fourteen and Vega so this has me interested. Are most of these smaller boutique style JDM brands?

I got a wild bug and looking at my brothers bag, I'll be gaming an all JDM bag this year! Just made my last purchase today. I'm going to build everything.

based on previous history, no you didn't :)

I think A-Grind is new. SYB is a component division of Fourteen.

Lol....

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here's a fact. I've owned more sets of irons than played rounds of golf last year.... That's just sad.

hey, if you can afford it and you're having fun doing it, i say more power to you! all i know is i'm still gaming the hell out of the j15 df irons you sold me last year, and i absolutely love them.

A bag full of JDM is stout. I wish I could do something like that, but those days are done.

Awesome effort. I love unique bags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! I remember having to "talk" you into buying those!

hey, if you can afford it and you're having fun doing it, i say more power to you! all i know is i'm still gaming the hell out of the j15 df irons you sold me last year, and i absolutely love them.

A bag full of JDM is stout. I wish I could do something like that, but those days are done.

I had the jdm bug for awhile. I hit quite a bit of it at jessy james golf and honestly I don't get the hype centering on "feel." I also find a lot of the iron heads are shaped differently than what I'm used to seeing and it throws me off.

I had the jdm bug for awhile. I hit quite a bit of it at jessy james golf and honestly I don't get the hype centering on "feel." I also find a lot of the iron heads are shaped differently than what I'm used to seeing and it throws me off.

In some instances (certainly not all) its less a subjective term and more a validation term.

In the process of blowing up my bag and getting all JDM stuff!

In some instances (certainly not all) its less a subjective term and more a validation term.

not saying you are, but I just want to clarify that I'm not discounting anyone's love for jdm or experience that it is softer than other offerings. I'm merely sharing my own experience, and I'm damn glad I didn't buy the irons that I had in my cart so often to find this out. although it begs the questions whether my own confirmation bias would have kicked in if I had bought them, and I would have validated my purchase by convincing myself that the irons are indeed the best I've ever felt.

sorry to jack your thread Ariel. I'm looking forward to your pics!

Not being a club junkie can someone please define JDM for me

Dance with dragon iron are so nice ,love their designs. Fourteen wedges as well,can't wait to see the bag sounds awesome

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This sounds like a killer bag, although I'm not familiar with half of what you listed. We demand pictures!

I have honestly never heard of anything outside of Fourteen. I am betting they are expensive.

There was a post her about someone who purchased a set of AP1 JDM. I wouldn't mind trying something like that out just to see if there is any validity to the product being better than domestic.

JDM is top quality...:beauty:
Have Yonex Ezone MB irons on their way from Japan, see how they stack up to 99 Hogans
Check out Rakuten deals...I had a good exp

Absolutely love the MT 28 wedges. I almost picked up a set of PC555 irons, but got a deal on some Z star heads that I couldn't pass up. Will likely be bagging a Yonex eZone 420 driver this year. Just not sure whether I want to go with my Kuro Kage 70 shaft or pull the Speeder 661 tour spec out of the Cally driver I just picked up. Decisions, decisions.

Vega Driver Head and Dance with Dragon iron heads to be delivered today! Good thing I spent last night prepping shafts!

I want pics!

Back