2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

As a THPer who went out and lost. It was a great experience yes. But we effing lost. Losing sucks, losing to Finley is as much fun as running your zipper across your scrotum. Got the visual? Do work!

Trying to improve the Tapa experience for everyone..... Hey Phil.

a4482dae3bae45136f584216626665ad.jpg
My eyes thank you.

If you're waiting for a contest to start to get excited..... You're already behind....just saying

I said nothing about not being excited, waiting patiently. Certainly not refreshing every 15 seconds to see if a contest has dropped. Absolutely not having my heart rate pick up every time I notice JB has the last post in this thread. Being patient and calm. Totally. Absolutely. Not.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

As a THPer who went out and lost. It was a great experience yes. But we effing lost. Losing sucks, losing to Finley is as much fun as running your zipper across your scrotum. Got the visual? Do work!

Thankfully a few that were built like ken dolls are no longer around...I kid I kid :D

You can bet your freaking house I want to win. No HoF tags make Canadan something something.

Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!

This event looks epic and I want the ability to help THP come back victorious. I have been loving THP since I joined a short couple of months ago. I have told Pringles it's his fault...but I'm not hating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully a few that were built like ken dolls are no longer around...I kid I kid :D

Hahahahaha true in a kidding way of course

Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!

This event looks epic and I want the ability to help THP come back victorious. I have been loving THP since I joined a short couple of months ago. I have told Pringles it's his fault...but I'm not hating!

Pringles got to experience The Gauntlet and Team Jrod. Im sure he was hooked.

Hahahahaha true in a kidding way of course

Was Ken from NJ? I thought it was Malibu.

I love this thread, I love this place. The mother effing Grandaddy. Going to be something special again. Gives me chills thinking about it.

Pringles got to experience The Gauntlet and Team Jrod. Im sure he was hooked.

Was Ken from NJ? I thought it was Malibu.

Definitely

The grandaddy... all expense paid, top notch facility, fitting for a full bag which you get to keep, red carpet rolled out by one of the industry leading OEM, friendship and competition. It is the crown jewel event of the year and deservedly so. Why do I want in? Simple answer is I am greedy. I want the experience. I want the gear and swag. I want the memories. I want to he a part of the THP team that finally brings home the belt. I want to be the MVP. I want to look at the gear and have fond memories of the competition I excelled at. I want to forge new friendships and build upon existing ones with the time of our lives. I am greedy for wanting all those things. I am sure there are many that feel the same way, and if YOU don't feel that way about the MOTHER EFFING GRANDADDY, CHECK YOUR PULSE!

Beating Finley is tons of fun though!

However not nearly as much fun or rewarding as it would be to win as a team! I want a THP win!

Oh and this.

BRING ME VELARDO!!!!

I want that mutha effin Stripe Show.

w00t w00t!
#TeamStripeShow!

Hmmm... Anyone else reading between the lines a little bit ago? Maybe Drew and I already have a teammate?

Velardo won't know what hit him.

Yup. My guess is we see some Grandaddy Veterans return for a shot of claiming the title.

We dont play the "deserve" game. Nobody deserves this.
Tenure means nothing. Its all about what you make of it pre/post/present

I know you don't and that's not what I was suggesting.

I also believe tenure means nothing and don't believe anyone *deserves* a spot.

Loyalty and being part of the family have nothing to do with tenure in anything in life.

Reading through threads like this is the best entertainment in my day. It's pretty cool seeing the friendships and camaraderie between many of you. Getting in the Grandaddy would of course be one of the ultimate experiences of my life but there are so many people on here that are so active and dedicated that THP is in great hands for this years Grandaddy. I'm of course hoping I can be a part that but ultimately the team will be well represented again this year!

It's clear there are some strong emotions/opinions exhibited in this thread... The excitement for those not scared off is only growing further!!! This is what competition is all about!

Some great thoughts JB. I just finished listening to the Podcast again. Thought I had missed it before, but I was wrong. Harry is always a good listen.

I believe you nailed it with your earlier post . The Grandaddy is the greatest event anywhere. The excitement level from THPers for the team should be those that exemplify that excitement before during and after such an amazing opportunity.
The Fly by's of this (and I believe I am one of those) should be more active here. This is the pinnacle of events on this forum, and Callaway has done an unbelievable job with this event.

I know you don't and that's not what I was suggesting.

I also believe tenure means nothing and don't believe anyone *deserves* a spot.

Loyalty and being part of the family have nothing to do with tenure in anything in life.

No one deserves a damn thing in life. If you want it, earn it.

Well said JB. That is the one thing great about this event...it's not an event and a lifetime experience. You can't expect to plop in get selected and not be a THPer!!! I've dreamt about this and am ready for it.

THAT is quite motivating! :D

I had said in the past that I probably wouldn't work on my game just for an event, but after playing poorly during the #THPShaftSpectacular, I'm going to change my tune. I would for sure put in some work because better golf is fun and being able to help your team is fun. More work = better golf = more fun = better chance of winning.

One of things that would make me excited about #TheGrandaddy (or really being fortunate enough to attend any THP event) would be the chance to meet THP'ers in person and turn internet friends into meat space friends.

I'd love to be able to apologize to JB in person for disappearing from THP way back when and not writing up a review of the great prizes from the first year fantasy football league.

I'd love to have a cocktail fueled discussion with Canadan over whether or not the Oilers deserve Auston Matthews.

I'd love to have the opportunity to develop the bonds of friendship with the rest of the team of guys who are going to spend all summer working their as**s off for a chance at a belt.

I'm also going to love cheering on my fellow THP'ers, and living vicariously through them whether or not I'm lucky enough to be a participant.

Eventually the family schedule, finances, and fate are going to line up to allow me to make it out to a THP event. I promise.

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

You know who says that? Teams that just lost.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

None of what I said above is true

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.
If you have not realized the difference yet, do some digging on THIS forum. :D

I totally agree with this.

As a member going to #TheGauntlet, I'm a little disappointed there isn't more talk going on in that thread. I do see a select few guys who are constantly posting about the work they are putting into their games and it's great, but with the number of people selected for that event, there should be much more buzz going on in that thread with the event with less than 60 days away.

With all the hard work that Callaway and THP are putting into these awesome events, can you imagine how disappointed they would be if there was no hype built going into #TheGauntlet, #TheCup or #TheFreakingGrandaddy?

Hey JB, just a thought...maybe for #TheGrandaddy, because of the nautre of the event, there should be some sort of contract that each participant needs to fulfill and put that as an event requirement (Post round updates with thoughts about the round, post event club reviews, etc). Yes, THP is an online forum, but they (THP and Callaway) are also providing forum members with the opportunity to be treated like a PGA pro. Just like a PGA pro that gets sponsored, they have to fulfill their sponsorship deals with being in the marketing campaigns and post round interviews (not a sponsorship requirement but a PGA tour requirement).

With all this being said, gotta work on my game tonight to represent at #TheGauntlet for #TeamStripeShow!!!

I've been here in the past, I'm here in the present, and I'm not going anywhere else. With that said, I constantly dream of representing THP in any event but no more than TheGrandaddy. My weekly playing partners have had the honor of playing in such events. And their stories make me envious but also love THP even more.

This is the pinnacle of over a dozen great events put on every year and I have full confidence that this year's team will be ready to represent THP. Because there is such an awesome pool of loyal THPers to choose from.

Back