Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

do you guys think that you will start to see more of the european team playing in some of the late tournaments on the euro tour to get ready for playing in europe.

good question! i would think so, and if not only to hone their game but to have some good draws, create some buzz!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am afraid that this year's US team is going to get spanked and badly. This is a good team the Euros have this year and could have been better with Casey on the team.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am afraid that this year's US team is going to get spanked and badly. This is a good team the Euros have this year and could have been better with Casey on the team.

Those same magic 8-balls said the same thing 2 years ago.

You wish. The American team has a little weapon called Tiger Woods. He's been lulling everybody to sleep for the last few months, but he's back, BABY. All the way back.

It's just no one knows it yet.

Kevin

Where is all this hype for Rory coming from? He's won once and never been in the running for any big tourneys? I know he's young but listening to everyone (Sir Nick) talk about how amazing this guy is, just seems a little premature.

Not meaning to be a jerk, but the hype comes from him. He has won twice, once last year, in Dubai I think, and then this year. And the way he did it this year was pretty impressive. Plus, wasn't he 2nd in the Race to Dubai last year? He's got a couple of top tens this year as well, one in the PGA and he attempted a big comeback in the Open as well. That's not counting what he's done over in Europe this year. He's I think 11th in points over there, and 29th here.

Not flaming you, because I've actually gotten that from another friend of mine, but he also thought I was an idiot for picking Westwood to win the Master's in the first part of the tournament over his Tiger. I like Rory, I like to watch his swing and to watch him play. I think Fowler v McIlroy will be the BIG draw this year for the cup. just wish I got to watch some of it, but will be busy all day on Saturday and Sunday. Time to start clearing out the DVR.

I won't argue that Johnson is probably the better player on paper, but, there's something about that mass of hair sticking out sideways from under that cap, and that fact that he does show emotion. Johnson to me just appears to be a robot at times, and, that doesn't draw me in. I like to see them get excited, or even, heaven forbid, down on themselves, because it shows a personality.

It probably doesn't help that my daughter is named Rori, only, because I agreed to it knowing we were going to have a boy. That panned out well for me, lol.

You wish. The American team has a little weapon called Tiger Woods. He's been lulling everybody to sleep for the last few months, but he's back, BABY. All the way back.

It's just no one knows it yet.

Kevin

LOL :banana:

Another good week for the Euro team. Kaymer is looking strong. Very strong!

TW has never been a dominating RC player. I find that curious given how well he did in match play as an amateur. He has a few weeks to practice and I'm sure he will be more than ready. I've never been a fan of TW but he has a lot of pride and I'm sure he will work very hard.

I don't see many of the Euro team competing in Austria this week.

TW has never been a dominating RC player. I find that curious given how well he did in match play as an amateur. He has a few weeks to practice and I'm sure he will be more than ready. I've never been a fan of TW but he has a lot of pride and I'm sure he will work very hard.

He has been dominate in the Sunday Singles...only 1 loss. Its the pairs format where he has struggled in the RC.

Not meaning to be a jerk, but the hype comes from him. He has won twice, once last year, in Dubai I think, and then this year. And the way he did it this year was pretty impressive. Plus, wasn't he 2nd in the Race to Dubai last year? He's got a couple of top tens this year as well, one in the PGA and he attempted a big comeback in the Open as well. That's not counting what he's done over in Europe this year. He's I think 11th in points over there, and 29th here.

Not flaming you, because I've actually gotten that from another friend of mine, but he also thought I was an idiot for picking Westwood to win the Master's in the first part of the tournament over his Tiger. I like Rory, I like to watch his swing and to watch him play. I think Fowler v McIlroy will be the BIG draw this year for the cup. just wish I got to watch some of it, but will be busy all day on Saturday and Sunday. Time to start clearing out the DVR.

I won't argue that Johnson is probably the better player on paper, but, there's something about that mass of hair sticking out sideways from under that cap, and that fact that he does show emotion. Johnson to me just appears to be a robot at times, and, that doesn't draw me in. I like to see them get excited, or even, heaven forbid, down on themselves, because it shows a personality.

It probably doesn't help that my daughter is named Rori, only, because I agreed to it knowing we were going to have a boy. That panned out well for me, lol.

I understand completely, and you're not being a jerk pointing out facts. :D I agree 100% he is an amazing player but listening to people like Faldo talk its like hes won 10 majors already. I just don't think people like DJ, Kuchar, etc get their dues.

I'd like to see a match between Martin Kaymer and Dustin Johnson.

As far as who is going to win? Who knows? It's golf and as we all know anything can happen in golf. At this level all of these guys can hit the ball far, are great ball striker, have great short games, and putt very well. IMHO it all comes down to the mental game. Who's mentally the toughest at crunch time? Who's swing can stand up to the pressure? To my mind that's essentially what separates the golfers at the tour level.

This is what the US team will be wearing for the Rider Cup.

Looks like Brooks Brothers to me.

This is what the US team will be wearing for the Rider Cup.

Looks like Brooks Brothers to me.

Im in the minority, but I just do not care for the Millar stuff.

I like the Sunday look, but not crazy about anything else. I don't know why we need to dress like G-Mac now.

Tiger in a cardigan is going to be classic. Ricky Fowler is going to look like he is attending prep school

Im in the minority, but I just do not care for the Millar stuff.

No your not on this one...well, maybe we both are

No your not on this one...well, maybe we both are

Saturday's is ugly to me........ I kinda like the practice rounds..... sunday is ok

check out what they are wearing for Friday...its the one on the right.

x459.jpg

Maybe I am in the minority then- but I love all these outfits. If I could I would dress this way every time I was on a golf course... There is something classic/vintage about the outfits without feeling antique or looking like you pulled the clothing out of the trunk in grandpa's attic.

I like the Sunday look, but not crazy about anything else. I don't know why we need to dress like G-Mac now.

Tiger in a cardigan is going to be classic. Ricky Fowler is going to look like he is attending prep school

They aren't looking like GMac- especially not on Saturday where they are wearing vintage Arnold Palmer.

I understand completely, and you're not being a jerk pointing out facts. :D I agree 100% he is an amazing player but listening to people like Faldo talk its like hes won 10 majors already. I just don't think people like DJ, Kuchar, etc get their dues.

I know exactly what you mean. I think Faldo is a little peaved that he didn't have McIlroy on his team last time. As far as DJ and Kuchar getting their dues, Matt has really shined these last few weeks, and I think it's finally coming around for him. DJ, well, to be honest, I'd never heard of the guy before a couple of years ago. He's won what, 3, 4 times now? Not looking up anything, so I don't have the exact number. This latest win is his biggest yet, when you look at the field. I think it's going to be an even bigger year for some of those guys next year.

As far as the clothes, not for me. Don't care for sweaters, at all. And the belt for Sunday? What is that? As far as Fowler looking like he's in Prep School, more like a prep school reject with that hair. Almost like they sent him home and all he had to wear was his uniforms everyday for the next month. And that friday sweater, with the cup on it? WTH is that? They've said Pavin's wife has helped with alot of these, but it looks more like she picked it all out. Still, at least they aren't the shirts from Sunday in '99.

Back