2016 #TheCup Sponsored By Callaway Golf

I'm at the beach with the family and all I can think about is #TheCup! I'm not going be able to hit a ball again until Monday, but after that it's on! I almost feel sorry for team #....almost.

I'm at the beach with the family and all I can think about is #TheCup! I'm not going be able to hit a ball again until Monday, but after that it's on! I almost feel sorry for team #....almost.

I think winning this will more than make up for any feelings of pity we have for #team441. We'll be ok. I do worry about you guys tho. :alien:

Just wanted to give a heads up to the participants. You are going to want to work on your endurance, stamina and overall health heading into this one. We say it every year for our July event in Myrtle Beach and every year people say they will be fine and every year, some that did not take the words to heart very much struggle by the end of the long week.

Just wanted to give a heads up to the participants. You are going to want to work on your endurance, stamina and overall health heading into this one. We say it every year for our July event in Myrtle Beach and every year people say they will be fine and every year, some that did not take the words to heart very much struggle by the end of the long week.

So noted

I was thinking about asking about fatigue the other night. Dogs day of summer and high humidity are really going to take it out of you. Good thing I've lost 40 lbs, got some more to lose for my goal, but in much better shape now. Gonna have to do some running outside closer to the event and walk some rounds. Thanks for the heads up JB!

The truth...theres always a few every summer that run out of gas

Thanks for the heads up JB. I love a good grinder. July should have some butt spanking heat and heavy humidity. Should be interesting for those of us who come from thin, dry mountain air. Fitness shouldn't be a problem but acclimation might be interesting for me.

I have enjoyed researching the courses. Sounds like 18 is the signature hole on both courses, each compete with green side gallery and betting. That might stir some anxiety. I also watched the 2014 Morgan Cup opening tee shots video. I thought everyone did great, but oh boy the pressure was thick. Nice drive captain!

I'll have to really keep this in mind while getting ready for this event, thank god work just kicked off another season of our health and wellness program.

Cake vs #TheCup a fat mans struggle

Team# in #TheCup will take the cake this year!!

The heat and humidity is no joke, I grew up in it and have worked it, it will suck the life out of you.

The heat and humidity is no joke, I grew up in it and have worked it, it will suck the life out of you.

Depends where you're from. I didn't think it was all that bad when I was there, but I'm born and raised in FL. Hydrate, use sunscreen, use shade and tree cover to your advantage a lot.

Thanks JB. I know we get weather similar to that in the summer and it can drain you, and I'm sure it's worse down there. Now I have another reason to keep up the 5am workouts!

I personally struggled with the humidity with regards to gripping the club. I finally put my rain gloves on out of necessity and I was good to go after that.
I may have been the butt of a few jokes lol.

8735a3646308e7bbb0bd522896b82189.jpg

Got some good work in tonite. Played with my 9 year old. Tee'd off at 445pm and we managed to get 18 in.

First round with the Chrome Softs and wow is all I can say. I thought the B330 was a great ball. This ball was just as long of the tee but more bite on the greens than I'm use to seeing.

Blocked a lot of approach shots to the right which resulted in the majority of my bogeys. I'll actually take those as opposed to my old over the top hook.

Putting was OK but I missed a few inside 10-12 feet that I know I'ma need to sink come July.

Another 18 coming on Sunday. I'll be playing twice a weekend for the majority of the time now so I have plenty of rounds to work on things.

8735a3646308e7bbb0bd522896b82189.jpg

Got some good work in tonite. Played with my 9 year old. Tee'd off at 445pm and we managed to get 18 in.

First round with the Chrome Softs and wow is all I can say. I thought the B330 was a great ball. This ball was just as long of the tee but more bite on the greens than I'm use to seeing.

Blocked a lot of approach shots to the right which resulted in the majority of my bogeys. I'll actually take those as opposed to my old over the top hook.

Putting was OK but I missed a few inside 10-12 feet that I know I'ma need to sink come July.

Another 18 coming on Sunday. I'll be playing twice a weekend for the majority of the time now so I have plenty of rounds to work on things.

Soooo cool to see this. I played that course a MILLION times when I was a kid. Been diving for balls in every lake out there. Going to try and play it next month when I'm home for a few days.

Soooo cool to see this. I played that course a MILLION times when I was a kid. Been diving for balls in every lake out there. Going to try and play it next month when I'm home for a few days.
Not to thread jack, but you won't be disappointed. Ron Jaworski bought it earlier this year and has already made lots of changes. Bar was gutted and remodeled. Cart paths were repaired and you can tell the course will be in great shape in another few weeks.

I personally struggled with the humidity with regards to gripping the club. I finally put my rain gloves on out of necessity and I was good to go after that.
I may have been the butt of a few jokes lol.

That's something I hadn't thought about is gloves. I might have to bring like 10 pairs so I'm not accidentally throwing clubs. Thanks AG, I'm going to have to start making a list of necessities for Myrtle Beach golf.

I got a chance to play with the Chrome Soft for the first time yesterday and I was really happy with the results. The combination of the CF16's and Chrome Soft is a great one. I had a couple of shots, one from 145 and one from 165, where the wind was with me and the ball ran out no more than 6 feet on the green. I thought that was a pretty good result. I'm really thinking about trying out the Truvis just for something different.

I'm really thinking about trying out the Truvis just for something different.

If you struggle with focus to the point that it affects your ball striking, the Truvis is a great ball. I lose focus sometimes and they help me out and I like them for putting, I can focus on one of the dots on the front of the ball to make sure I don't decel.

Depends where you're from. I didn't think it was all that bad when I was there, but I'm born and raised in FL. Hydrate, use sunscreen, use shade and tree cover to your advantage a lot.

I'd also add to this that if you can get your cardio to a good place you'll find it a lot better. If you have a chance and never do, walk a few rounds to get the feel of playing tired.

Especially if it's been rainy around the event - we had cart path only at true blue and the fairways are huge.

Look at our Captain with the winning assist as caddy for Wesley Bryan on the Web.com Tour!

Got to tee it up with another teammate of mine for this event. Was great meeting Ryan Humphris and he hit some really good golf shots and all in all played really well today (i believe right to his index)....looking foreard to teeing it up again soon

Just got in from a short beach vacation and I'm ready to get to work. Heading to the course tomorrow to get in 18. I will either be playing or at the range 5-6 days a week, I will not leave anything to chance by the time July rolls around, of course my wife thinks I'm a little crazy but she know how I get when I get something on my mind.

Look at our Captain with the winning assist as caddy for Wesley Bryan on the Web.com Tour!

I saw that and it's awesome, congrats Hashtag on the big W! Can't wait to get another in July.

Back