Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

Best one of the day..240 left me 92 yds and a birdie putt coming
d033127a0233e272f6832dc99c82d0aa.jpg

Man... I just got a new, fit for me, GBB in December, but all this gushing has got me pondering hardcore... I'm scared to go hit this, but I fear I must

Best one of the day..240 left me 92 yds and a birdie putt coming
d033127a0233e272f6832dc99c82d0aa.jpg

I can't stop thinking about this driver since ClubClash. And as I told JB, I'm only one Wardy-length longer than MD. So if 441 is crushing it this must be the driver for me.

Another 9 of 11 fairways today. I'm out of things to say.

Sounds like the XXIO is getting the boot!

Watching him go from the XXIO one hole to the XR 16 the next was like watching someone else hit the ball for him. He was HAMMERING it

Watching him go from the XXIO one hole to the XR 16 the next was like watching someone else hit the ball for him. He was HAMMERING it
Sounds like he needs to gather up some trade bait!

Man... I just got a new, fit for me, GBB in December, but all this gushing has got me pondering hardcore... I'm scared to go hit this, but I fear I must

I feel the same way but about the XR 16 Pro. Ever since I hit it at ECPC I've been wanting it

Another 9 of 11 fairways today. I'm out of things to say.

Just stupid.

395 yard drive today....wowzers. Thought you had 400 in you.

Yes, above is true. But Nate's ability to find the center of the FW consistently in the 280-290 range is stupid impressive.

Best driving day of the year for me. Average was 247 which for me is about 15-20 yards longer then normal average. hit 4 of 10 fairways that I used it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was shocked to only be a first down and a half behind you on the first one i hit...and darn rough was a distance killer

I was shocked to only be a first down and a half behind you on the first one i hit...and darn rough was a distance killer

Ya and that was one of the better ones I hit too

Took this bad boy for a test drive at the ole duhnams during their golf days sale and I personally got a consistent 240yd drive. only problem I had was a consistent slice that I couldn't seem to correct.

Getting used to the XR16 and really liking what I'm seeing.

Was in the fairway way more often than not, and my gut says about 10 yards longer on well struck balls than I'm used to.

Speaking of wind - it was howling today and I was really impressed with the ball flight into and through the wind.

Getting used to the XR16 and really liking what I'm seeing.

Was in the fairway way more often than not, and my gut says about 10 yards longer on well struck balls than I'm used to.

Speaking of wind - it was howling today and I was really impressed with the ball flight into and through the wind.

When you're used to this it's going to be crazy good for you, you had some BOMBS today

Good grief I hit a couple of bombs with this thing yesterday. My league partner told me I'm going to have to get a better mid-range wedge game if I'm gonna hit it like that. :D

Wasn't perfect, but other than one bad swing on the range, my miss was left all day with the standard flight being a pretty strong draw. Having this cranked up to 12.5 has given me some confidence to hit over trees that I would have avoided before. Still working on swing issues, but most of my gaffes yesterday came when this club wasn't in my hands. Now if I could just figure out how to hit a cut or at least tame this draw a bit.

Good grief I hit a couple of bombs with this thing yesterday. My league partner told me I'm going to have to get a better mid-range wedge game if I'm gonna hit it like that. :D

Wasn't perfect, but other than one bad swing on the range, my miss was left all day with the standard flight being a pretty strong draw. Having this cranked up to 12.5 has given me some confidence to hit over trees that I would have avoided before. Still working on swing issues, but most of my gaffes yesterday came when this club wasn't in my hands. Now if I could just figure out how to hit a cut or at least tame this draw a bit.

Keep in mind that by increasing the loft, you are simultaneously closing the face... This could be unwittingly contributing to your draw...

Keep in mind that by increasing the loft, you are simultaneously closing the face... This could be unwittingly contributing to your draw...

Fair, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly the indian. I've been missing to the left for a while now, but will take it back down to 11.5 or 10.5 this afternoon for my range session.

I am sure that it probably has been posted in this thread somewhere so don't hate me to bad for not searching through all 35 pages for the answer, but how does the 2015 XR compare to the 2016 XR? Stuff like forgiveness, sound, distance, etc? I am really pondering the 2016 XR hard, but haven't had the chance to hit the 2 side by side to see how much of a difference there really is. I know that the 2015 line was pretty popular.

I am sure that it probably has been posted in this thread somewhere so don't hate me to bad for not searching through all 35 pages for the answer, but how does the 2015 XR compare to the 2016 XR? Stuff like forgiveness, sound, distance, etc? I am really pondering the 2016 XR hard, but haven't had the chance to hit the 2 side by side to see how much of a difference there really is. I know that the 2015 line was pretty popular.
Theyre pretty different, IMO. The sound is loud like the XR16 but a bit fuller, IMO. Id say the 16 is a bit more forgiving, but I like how the XR sets up to the ball better. They are both very good clubs, but I couldnt say that you could get along with the XR if you liked the XR16. Just my opinion, though

My Mishits sounded so good with the XR the other. The DBD just doesn't give that positive feedback like the XR.

Back