2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Used the F6+ yesterday and hit 11 of 13 fairways with the driver. My course has fairly tight fairways so hitting 11 is well above my average.
For some reason I just feel extreme confidence with this club.
If it was not for #ClubClash I would have never tried this club!!!!!!!!!

And to think, that's not even all the ones that were there.

Nope. One Third of the models.
Just curious as to why the Titleist 915 series wasn't there. Did they not offer them for the event? it is a current (2015) release from them. I would have been interested in how it compared to some of the others.

Just curious as to why the Titleist 915 series wasn't there. Did they not offer them for the event? it is a current (2015) release from them. I would have been interested in how it compared to some of the others.
915 was a 2014 release (end of) if I recall. They are due for a new model driver this year (again end of year) guessing this is why they were not there.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

915 was a 2014 release (end of) if I recall. They are due for a new model driver this year (again end of year) guessing this is why they were not there.

You are correct.

excellent purchase. Can't wait to hear how you hit it on your home turf.

Well folks at club clash may have a hard believing this one ... but I shot 91 on my home course, with no wind, less bunkers, and no shingles pain ... compared to the 110-130's I shot at club clash.

The JPX was amazing. My miss is on the very end of the toe, and I had several, but the ball was still findable/playable (in the rough), and it appear to have only lost 20-30 yards of distance. I relaxed a bit, and swung easy, and connected on a couple, and they were 20-30 yards farther than I had previously experienced with my former driver ... I guess the farthest was 255'ish.

I am VERY happy with this club, so if you are HC guy (20+) and swing speed in the 80's, I recommend you add this club to your must try list.

LB is correct. Of course they offered it, since we have already reviewed it and THP reviews almost all Titleist equipment. The club came out in 2014 and Club Clash was all drivers current in line, that were released as early as 2015.

You are correct.

LB is correct. Of course they offered it, since we have already reviewed it and THP reviews almost all Titleist equipment. The club came out in 2014 and Club Clash was all drivers current in line, that were released as early as 2015.

D200 was released in late 2014 as well if I recall correctly?

D200 was released in late 2014 as well if I recall correctly?

D220 was their 2015 PGA Show launch. It was announced in October of 2014, at the THP Event, and hit select markets only.

D220 was their 2015 PGA Show launch. It was announced in October of 2014, at the THP Event, and hit select markets only.
Gotcha, since the thread for the Personal Distance event was up in 2014, I was thinking it was released to the public before the end of the year.

Gotcha, since the thread for the Personal Distance event was up in 2014, I was thinking it was released to the public before the end of the year.
That was very much a pre release event.

I am currently in the process of testing my Titleist 915d2 versus the Mizuno JPX EZ over the course of the next few weeks to see which one will be my gamer. (Initial range session says it will be the Mizuno). I can tell you I felt as though I hit a number of drivers better at club clash than the 915. But I do not have any numbers to back it up.

I am currently in the process of testing my Titleist 915d2 versus the Mizuno JPX EZ over the course of the next few weeks to see which one will be my gamer. (Initial range session says it will be the Mizuno). I can tell you I felt as though I hit a number of drivers better at club clash than the 915. But I do not have any numbers to back it up.

I know the day we played, you hit every driver in my bag, and every single one of them was hit better than your 915. Which was kind of funny.

And he hammered my XR16 pro as well :)

I know the day we played, you hit every driver in my bag, and every single one of them was hit better than your 915. Which was kind of funny.

Agree with you there. Misses were so much more pronounced with the Titleist.

2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

And he hammered my XR16 pro as well :)

I listened to the Dean has spoken yesterday and I could not agree more regarding the XR16 Pro. I am glad I tried it. It was an incredible club that I NEVER would have tried because it had the Pro moniker. It would have been on my wish list had the Mizuno not performed so well.

The xr16 pro has me intrigued and hesitant at the same time. The "pro" puts me off slightly as traditionally clubs with that moniker are harder to hit, but all of this positive feedback makes me wonder if it is more like the x2hot pro, which was surprisingly forgiving and one of my favorite drivers from that year's offerings

I dont think it is "harder" to hit than the regular XR16. It is 10 cc smaller is only real difference I noticed in them.

The xr16 pro has me intrigued and hesitant at the same time. The "pro" puts me off slightly as traditionally clubs with that moniker are harder to hit, but all of this positive feedback makes me wonder if it is more like the x2hot pro, which was surprisingly forgiving and one of my favorite drivers from that year's offerings

I didn't think it was harder to hit. Probably just a slightly lower spin profile than the regular XR is. Definitely one you want to hit with the regular nearly all up against your gamer just to see what it can do for you.

Thanks guys, I think that may just be past marketing over the years or hangups on my end about the verbage. I need to forget all these preconceived notions(hello clubclash) and think of it more in terms of spin profile instead talent level

I didn't think it was harder to hit. Probably just a slightly lower spin profile than the regular XR is. Definitely one you want to hit with the regular nearly all up against your gamer just to see what it can do for you.

Agree 100% with the above comments...it was weird because I have tried some of the Callaway Pro stuff in the past and they were definitely different (for me in a bad way) from their mainstream offerings. But the look, feel, and performance of the XR pro greatly exceeded my expectations.

Something the Golf Smith guy told me, and please take it with a grain salt, he claimed their store did not stock the Wilson D200 nor the JPX EZ, the two I hit was ordered by customers over the internet ... I found that interesting, and I did not believe the story 100%.

(I forget to mention it in my earlier post)

I found the pro easier because the head suited my eye better and the shaft was better for my swing.

I thought that the XR16 Pro was just a more inviting club to hit than the XR16. Something didnt suit my eye when lining up the XR16. Even swinging it didnt seem right. It was similar to how last year's XR just seemed like the better of the two offerings. The XR Pro, I believe, is just the better club. But obviously a lot of the guys at Club Clash got along with the XR16 really well so take all that with a grain of salt. I just wasnt one of them.

Back