Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

I have no idea gray but I know I got up and its raining so hard it looks like the bloody British open out there. I think I even saw Monty and his Moobs walking across the pond in my back yard. I could move the TV so I could see it from the deck, stand in the rain and feel like Im there!!!!

Don't they start playing tomorrow?

Kevin

Sox -- I guess that means it's a three day tournament huh? I know the time over there is much different than over here so maybe they are finishing up on Monday.

I have no idea gray but I know I got up and its raining so hard it looks like the bloody British open out there. I think I even saw Monty and his Moobs walking across the pond in my back yard. I could move the TV so I could see it from the deck, stand in the rain and feel like Im there!!!!

lol Kevin I know you guys up North are catching tons of rain. Be careful up there on the roads and such. The pics I seen on the news this morning was scary.

613x.jpg

Why is Tiger the only one without his name on the back of his rain gear? I saw other pics of players and it seems that everyone has it on there but him. Hmmmmm, I'm sure it is nothing, he probably prefers not to have it on there in an effort to blend in a little when he's out.

I HATE these rain suits. They look like a prison chain gang trudging to dig a ditch. BUT I can't wait for the rounds to start!! I'm already planning my Friday 2:30AM breakfast with the Cup. Welsh crumpets I think will definitely be on the menu.

I HATE these rain suits. They look like a prison chain gang trudging to dig a ditch. BUT I can't wait for the rounds to start!! I'm already planning my Friday 2:30AM breakfast with the Cup. Welsh crumpets I think will definitely be on the menu.

Im with you, I cannot stand them.

Im with you, I cannot stand them.

A little birdie just told me that Pavin is going to pair TW and Phil for Friday morning. No confirmation yet, but very curious.

mary, i don't think there will be any live tv coverage on friday am, or am i wrong?

tiger/phil is a bad idea, i don't like it.

I am not sure it will happen that way, but one source said Pavin was talking about it today. We shall see.

ESPN has coverage starting at 2am, I believe it's live. I've got my DVR set and ready to roll!!!

well, looks like i'm pulling an all nighter!

of course i'd love to see tiger/phil but i also think that it's never worked in the past. the GC had some interesting conversation as to why the euros are, quite frankly, better than us at the RC and it boils down to the fact that they keep consistent partnerships.

i've read on numerous blogs that tiger's been a lot of fun for the guys and that he and mickelson have had some epic battles on the ping pong table:

Ted Bishop (current PGA secretary & in line to become president) is writing a daily column for an Indianapolis news paper about this years Ryder Cup; chronicling his travels with Team USA . He gives some great insight so far.

Inside the Ropes - PGA Sec. Ted Bishop

DAY 1

"Woods showed up about 30 minutes before departure last night wearing a black Nike warmup, baseball cap and black Nike athletic shoes. He slipped into a seat next to Overton who was engrossed in a conversation with his back turned. Tiger tapped him on the shoulder and placed his face nose to nose with Overton. When he turned around he about fell out of his chair and spontaneously responded, "It's Tiger Woods!"

Day 2

"..Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson were battling it out on the ping pong table."

Day 3

"The players were presented official bomber jackets with the Ryder Cup logo and as one person put it, "It was like watching a bunch of high school kids receive their first letter jackets."

Plus, dont forget about Bubba Watsons video diary. I am stoked to see that. Man, I watched Ryder cup stuff for 2 hours this morning, it made me late for work. I went into a buddies office (he happens to be on this site) and said....really loud...is anyone else excited about the ryder cup? I get an " I guess" response. Damn it, I have to go on THP to find some ryder cup love.

613x.jpg

Why is Tiger the only one without his name on the back of his rain gear? I saw other pics of players and it seems that everyone has it on there but him. Hmmmmm, I'm sure it is nothing, he probably prefers not to have it on there in an effort to blend in a little when he's out.

I love those rain jackets. Maybe Tigers long sleeve one has his name.

i'm actually quite excited about tiger in this ryder cup. i really think that he's gonna play well.

Strickers has his name

I knew that woul dbe the next comment, I dont know why Woods doesnt have his name on there. I guess I just dont like negative comments about why his name isnt on there. We dont know why, so to assume its Tiger woods being an A$$ just annoys me. Thats not directed to P4B. Just a general comment

I am too TC, it wouldn't surprise me to see him dominate, but at the same time if he laid an egg that wouldn't surprise me too much either. Hard telling really, but very intriguing for sure!

I am too TC, it wouldn't surprise me to see him dominate, but at the same time if he laid an egg that wouldn't surprise me too much either. Hard telling really, but very intriguing for sure!

Plus, he has a new putter

Ya no kidding. I wouldnt know why. Maybe Tiger couldnt decide between "tiger" or "woods".

D.Johnson looks terrible. I wouldve requested DJ
I knew that woul dbe the next comment, I dont know why Woods doesnt have his name on there. I guess I just dont like negative comments about why his name isnt on there. We dont know why, so to assume its Tiger woods being an A$$ just annoys me. Thats not directed to P4B. Just a general comment

I hope Tiger destroys everyone and they build a shrine to him at Celtic Manor. Something like "Here is where Tiger destroyed the Europeans". Then he carries it over to next season and wins every major. This is at least how it would play out on Tiger Woods 11. :D

That bugs me too, I posted the pic and immediately people were saying stuff like "Tiger is such a selfish SOB blah blah blah" that is very annoying. I just posted the pic and wondered aloud why he didn't have it, I'm sure it's a thing where he doesn't need to draw anymore attention to himself in public than he already gets. I'm also sure that they were given the choice of name or no name, he said no name and unbeknownst to him everyone else on the team want their name on the back.

That bugs me too, I posted the pic and immediately people were saying stuff like "Tiger is such a selfish SOB blah blah blah" that is very annoying. I just posted the pic and wondered aloud why he didn't have it, I'm sure it's a thing where he doesn't need to draw anymore attention to himself in public than he already gets. I'm also sure that they were given the choice of name or no name, he said no name and unbeknownst to him everyone else on the team want their name on the back.

exactly man, thats why I was annoyed. Hell, he could have spilled coffe on the one with his name on it and they didnt have a replacement with a name.

Back