Official Ryder Cup Thread [Spoilers]

maybe he doesn't need his name on his jacket b/c he's the only black dude on both teams. makes sense to me. it's kind of obvious which one tiger is.

Thank you for making me laugh out loud today. :rofl:

7:45 AM -- Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson (USA) vs. Lee Westwood and Martin Kaymer (EUR)
8:00 AM -- Stewart Cink and Matt Kuchar (USA) vs. Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell (EUR)
8:15 AM -- Steve Stricker and Tiger Woods (USA) vs. Ian Poulter and Ross Fisher (EUR)
8:30 AM -- Bubba Watson and Jeff Overton (USA) vs. Luke Donald and Padraig Harrington (EUR)

The one thing I take from looking at the lineup is that Pavin has to be planning on using everyone on the team day 1 which is good, the last thing you want is someone not getting out there early and getting in a good flow for the Ryder Cup. Leaving Zach Johnson, Jim Furyk, Rickie Fowler and Hunter Mahan off the morning.....that should mean the US will be able to keep teams that did well in the morning and reload some teams for the afternoon, so hopefully they should be tough all day.

wooohooo, Mary to the rescue. Blam to the pessimists and TW haters

Originally Posted by MaryC
According to one of the golf writers on Twitter, his jacket with his name on didn't fit so the Captainess is getting a new one that fits with his name on it. Will have his name on his jacket on it starting tomorrow.

For one, I started the comment about TW being a j.a. because he was the only one whose jacket didn't have his name. I'm not a Tiger hater and I'm not a pessimist. Heck. I have 2 dozen Nike TW shirts in my closet. And I love watching the man play. But, based on the facts at the time, I use these facts/assumptions 1) Ryder Cup is a team sport 2) All uniforms are the same IN A TEAM SPORT 3) Mr. Woods has a different uniform, there was nothing wrong with my comment.

I'm not going to create a visio diagram showing all the possible scenarios about what could've caused him to have a different jacket. There are endless possibilities to that question. TW has proven in that past that he can be aloof, look down his nose at others, not say the appropriate statement during press conferences, etc. So, given his past, there is nothing wrong about assuming he didn't want his name on his jacket because he does things how he wants, when he wants to.

With all that being said, I'm glad the issue was because of what MaryC posted. I would never wish ill will on anyone.

Maybe ya'll need to go play an easy golf course so you can shoot a good score and feel good about yourself. Because the a$$whoopin' that The Champions gave you has got you a little too wound up. :D

ok, now i'm staying up to watch the phil/dj vs westwood/kaymer match up. that's an instant classic! awesome way to get it started.

Where is Furyk, the man in form?

I really don't fancy the US chances with Bubba and Overton, and Cink and Kuchar might just struggle too.

where's casey, the man in form?

oh, that's right, your double d of a captain forgot to add him to the list....oooops!

where's casey, the man in form?

oh, that's right, your double d of a captain forgot to add him to the list....oooops!

It's highly unlikely that he 'forgot' to add Casey. More like omitted.

And seriously. The whole let's bash on Monty because he's a bit on the plump side is starting to wear. Haven't you got anything new? Aside from fat jokes? I don't think there has been a page of this thread so far without some variant of the word Montgomerie including words like gravy, moob, boob or mcmoob.
I can poke fun at the guy as much as anybody else, but this is getting old. Monty is large. Deal with it.

Okay how about that he looks like Mrs Doubtfire. Or that he is one of the biggest choke artists in majors in the history of golf. How about that he clearly is too spiteful to think clearly.

Why is it okay for those across the pond to ridicule TW or Phil yet Monty is untouchable. The guy looks like a greasy Grimace from McDonalds that is mad because the Hamburgler stole his last snack.

The guy is extremely unlikable over here. If he wins, he gets to relish in that. If he loses, well we call that doing a Monty.

It's highly unlikely that he 'forgot' to add Casey. More like omitted.

And seriously. The whole let's bash on Monty because he's a bit on the plump side is starting to wear. Haven't you got anything new? Aside from fat jokes? I don't think there has been a page of this thread so far without some variant of the word Montgomerie including words like gravy, moob, boob or mcmoob.
I can poke fun at the guy as much as anybody else, but this is getting old. Monty is large. Deal with it.

i am well aware that your wanker of a captain didn't "forget" paul casey, but that he let his emotions, ego and spite make picks instead. ok, well, your captain is a huge choker that couldn't get it done on the biggest golf stages on the planet. he'll always be a whinging, whining scot that had an excuse for all of his shortcomings.

This is pathetic sledging - all we're getting is 'he's fat, ugly and scottish', you'll have to do better than that.

This is pathetic sledging - all we're getting is 'he's fat, ugly and scottish', you'll have to do better than that.

you've got to be kidding me! do you have any idea of how your captain is perceived everywhere, outside of the UK, and outside of the Ryder Cup? he's an ass. he's the same guy that disputed video evidence that his ball moved while he addressed it with his putter. he intentionally left off one of europe's hottest golfers to prove a point! that act alone tells me that the RC to him is all about himself and not the team.

where's your sledging anyway? i love bashing poms, always have, b/c you all resort to the same thing: "that's all you've got?" "heard that one before" "that's original", it's b/c there's truth in it. i lived in australia for 5 years (from 98-03) when they were virtually unbeatable at union and cricket, and you sound just like the pommie fans from back then as well, always some sort of excuse, and absolutely nothing to fire back with.

Ok he may be fat and Scotish but at least he doesn't have to get a map out to venture outside his own state, and he probably has a well used passport.
I'm guessing nearly all the US team did not have a cluse where Wales was and probably had to apply for a passport when they found out they made the team.
Anyhow Monty could stand next to most US of lard citazens and look like a beanpole!
Europe 3 US 1 in the mrning session.

Sledging enough for you?

General assumptions with no basis or fact behind it. The fact is Monty is Fat. There are no facts supporting needing a map. You guys need to try harder than that.

Yea, professional golfers that have millions have certainly never traveled outside their state!

*Crickets*

I would like to say the US outfits are horrendous. Horrible shirts and horrible hats. Whoever did that to those poor guys needs a stern talking-to.

wales, been there done that! great country, great folks, great beer, but lame attempts at smack talking. we're the best of the best and your captain provides us with plenty of ammunition. he is tubby, he has tits, he has choked away major championships and can't win on the biggest, best tour in the world, he intentionally didn't pick your best match play golfer b/c he's a douche.

and why do all of your golfers go to college and live over here? we are the home of the brave, land of the free, we drive big cars, live in big houses, and smack you guys around with our big banter. it's not the first time you guys have been slapped around, look at your history, you've fallen from grace, been kicked out of just about everywhere. even the other commonwealth countries don't even want to lay claim to the queen. your weather sucks, your food's horrible, and your jeans are too tight.

bring it!

you've got to be kidding me! do you have any idea of how your captain is perceived everywhere, outside of the UK, and outside of the Ryder Cup? he's an ass. he's the same guy that disputed video evidence that his ball moved while he addressed it with his putter. he intentionally left off one of europe's hottest golfers to prove a point! that act alone tells me that the RC to him is all about himself and not the team.

where's your sledging anyway? i love bashing poms, always have, b/c you all resort to the same thing: "that's all you've got?" "heard that one before" "that's original", it's b/c there's truth in it. i lived in australia for 5 years (from 98-03) when they were virtually unbeatable at union and cricket, and you sound just like the pommie fans from back then as well, always some sort of excuse, and absolutely nothing to fire back with.

I think we responded to their union dominance rather well in 03.

i love it! you can tell it's Ryder Cup eve! we're all getting amp'd up.

the bubba/overton pairing could get worked over like a euro in this thread.

Did Elin show up at opening cermonies and get a mulligan on the 9-iron swing?

capt.6595ecc286234dba98facbd94b9d74cf-6595ecc286234dba98facbd94b9d74cf-0.jpg

Exactly. But the Euros need to have Paulo here to bail them out. He can bring it.

We hope everybody understands this is all in fun. Its RC time baby, lets have some fun.

Haha!

Just give Tiger Woods a map to the nearest perkins over there, and thats all he will need to be ready to go.

I think we responded to their union dominance rather well in 03.

haha, forget from 98' to that point! and we won't even talk about the ashes or any test matches during that period. ironically, i was a huge johnny wilkinson fan and partied pretty hard with a dozen or so poms when the lions toured australia in 01/02

Exactly. But the Euros need to have Paulo here to bail them out. He can bring it.

We hope everybody understands this is all in fun. Its RC time baby, lets have some fun.

i agree! i hope everyone knows that i'm just having fun here. i love being called fat and inbred and all that, so just know that it's in good spirits.

Of course it's fun, you don't have to explain that to us Britishers - we don't need sarcasm pointed out to us like you lot do.

I'll try to bring my sledging 'A' game when I'm not posting from this blasted phone.

Of course it's fun, you don't have to explain that to us Britishers - we don't need sarcasm pointed out to us like you lot do.

I'll try to bring my sledging 'A' game when I'm not posting from this blasted phone.

See in this country, we even have computers. haha

Back