Thainer's St. Andrews, Scotland Thread

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Hey guys,

Im leaving for Scotland tonight and alot of people have been asking for pictures. My itinerary is included at the bottom. I will try and post every night and hopefully will post pictures along the way.

Friday the 15th (I still cant believe its today holy frick!!!!!!)
-Flight Leaves 8pm Toronto, gets to Scotland at 730am local time.

Saturday the 16th
-Arrive in Scotland(730am), get to Fairmont St. Andrews and get settled.
-Play the putting course at the Fairmont

Sunday the 17th
-Walking tour of the Old Course at St. Andrews
-Golf at Fairmont course #1

Monday the 18th
-British Golf Museum

Tuesday the 19th
-Elmwood College presentation
-Golf at Elmwood College Golf Course

Wednesday the 20th
-Golf Fairmont course #2

Thursday the 21st
-Free Day

Friday the 22nd
-Golf at the Jubilee Course at St. Andrews

Saturday the worst day of my life 23rd
-Flight at 2 pm.
-Endless hours of wishing I could turn back time.

Because the Old Course is THE Old Course, every night all of our names will be put into the lottery. If one of us get drawn for the next day, they skip the days activities and go play the old course. If I dont get drawn by the free day Ill be lining up at the starters hut at 245am to ensure me getting on there.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or anything else, please let me know!!

Safe travels, Thainer. I hope you have an amazing trip!

Oh, and make sure to drink plenty of good beer and Scotch whiskey ;O)

Have a great trip!! Looking forward to updates!! And pics!!

Oh goodie, pics! Have a wonderful time!

Awesome stuff Thainer! Did you get your driver in time?

Sending some good vibes your way man. Hopefully you get the shaft. Looks like sick time.
Nope. Still waiting on the shaft. Might get here today... Hopefully.

Thanks everyone. I will enjoy some pints and some scotch for sure.

Safe travels...lots of pics please

Safe travels! Make pale rider proud. Have a great trip, enjoy every minute of it and represent THP.

On board! Next stop, St. Andrews!!!!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Have a great trip, can't wait to see the photos.

Safe trip and make sure you bring your rain gear. Take lots of pics and good luck on the lottery. Say hi to Monty McHamburglar while you're there. :D

Thanks for all the interest and replies guys.

Trip is great! I will load some pics tonight when i get some time to slow down. Played the Kiddocks course at fairmont yesterday and today, back to back 79's with back to back birdies on the first hole.

I love this place. Its so beautiful, the golf is great, and the weather is great. I dont ever want to come home.

Thanks for all the interest and replies guys.

Trip is great! I will load some pics tonight when i get some time to slow down. Played the Kiddocks course at fairmont yesterday and today, back to back 79's with back to back birdies on the first hole.

I love this place. Its so beautiful, the golf is great, and the weather is great. I dont ever want to come home.

Glad to see you are getting the best of the weather. You are doing something that most of us only DREAM of!

Thanks Gus!

Playing in the wind is mentally draining. Found that out quite nicely today. Headed to the old course in about 20 minutes to see if I can walk on, fill a spot in the 2's or 3's. So excited...

Using the R9 Supertri with a Project X 6.0 Shaft. That thing is lethal. 2 rounds, 4 missed fairways.... I'll take it. Dont know if its the honeymoon phase or not but right now its working so Ill run with it.

Thanks again guys and I WILL upload pics today at some point.
Glad to see you are getting the best of the weather. You are doing something that most of us only DREAM of!

Thanks Gus!

Playing in the wind is mentally draining. Found that out quite nicely today. Headed to the old course in about 20 minutes to see if I can walk on, fill a spot in the 2's or 3's. So excited...

Using the R9 Supertri with a Project X 6.0 Shaft. That thing is lethal. 2 rounds, 4 missed fairways.... I'll take it. Dont know if its the honeymoon phase or not but right now its working so Ill run with it.Thanks again guys and I WILL upload pics today at some point.

i'm glad to hear you're loving the combination. i know everything didn't come together until the last minute with that but i'm glad it made the voyage with you. hope you get on the old course. i have a friend back home that was able to play it and he says that there's just nothing like it. sounds like you're having a blast man. do enjoy the rest of your stay.

A view of St. Andrews

16th Teeshot

16th Approach... lol

17th Teeshot. Mid-fade over the hotel. Split the fairway

17th Teeshot.

17th Approach

17th putt

There was a wait on 18 tee. Had to try the wall shot

18th teeshot

My best attempt at the 'Jack' Swilken Bridge wave

18th putt

A huge thanks to my buddy Dennis for meeting me down on 16 and walking with me and taking pictures, and my other buddy Nick[wnanthony] for taking this fantastic one. 17th teeshot from a different angle. Both of them walked by me going up 16, 17, and 18. What a great experience!!

If youre ever going to do this, take a caddie! I ended up shooting 80, okay round, 6 missed birdie putts. Thanks for looking

Sweet pics, Thainer. Congrats on making it on to The Old Course :)

Back