The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note - Philip Rivers has a rep for being cocky/arrogant, but he's really coming around as a QB. His post-game interview tonight was classy and he was very humble - he gave all the credit to the O-line and his teammates and really downplayed his own role in slaughtering Denver,

Keep in mind they won that game. It seems his antics usually occur when he is NOT getting his way.

I had thought the same thing about Rivers, seemed like he was getting more mature but I dont watch them play much so I cant say how hes acted in the bad losses.

Keep in mind they won that game. It seems his antics usually occur when he is NOT getting his way.
That's very true - but his antics seem to be diminishing and (at least as far as I've seen) he's been pretty drama-free this season. He's a pretty fiery competitor, but it seems like he's learning how to channel that rather than blowing up in hissy fits. The 'Bolts may actually be a competitor in the second half and post-season....they seem to be getting healthier while some other teams are being decimated by injuries, and the team isn't mired in distractions over coach/player controversies like some. They historically have a hard time going deep into the post-season (1 Superbowl appearance in 50 years!), but maybe they'll at least make it interesting.

[EDIT:] LOL at the Roethlisberger/fainting goat comparison by Esox!

Is anyone living off their college career and memories more than Vince Young?

Is anyone living off their college career and memories more than Vince Young?

That is pretty much all he has. I know if Fisher is backin Tenn. Young will not be the QB or probably on the roster. Where is he going to go? Well there is always the Raiders...LOL

so will the lions treat us to another blowout tomorrow for thanksgiving?

Ok... I just read Asante Samuel was fined 40 large for his hit on Hagan? He's a first time offender who pretty much avoids contact at all costs and he gets nailed 40k, while the guy who speared ellis hobbs and knocked him out cold didn't get squat.

I'm very bias as an Eagles fan so I gotta hear some unbiased opinions on this, as it seems out of control to me. Goodell is taking this way too far. I'm all for protecting QB's and WR's but come on now, this is getting to be like touch football.

Sound off, am I alone in these observations?!

Here is the hit in question. WARNING TERRIBLE RAP MUSIC but its the only one i could find in HD.

[video=youtube;Qz6wJ-rcfbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz6wJ-rcfbA[/video]

That is pretty much all he has. I know if Fisher is backin Tenn. Young will not be the QB or probably on the roster. Where is he going to go? Well there is always the Raiders...LOL

I dont know rhino if I'd like to see him behind center (could use one of those too) young has too many issues, but the 2 headed monster of grads and campbell (nothing against those guys personally) isn't getting it done, I'm just glad my team is playing better after 7 years of garbage. Maybe the guy in my avatar can come back :laughing:

Ok... I just read Asante Samuel was fined 40 large for his hit on Hagan? He's a first time offender who pretty much avoids contact at all costs and he gets nailed 40k, while the guy who speared ellis hobbs and knocked him out cold didn't get squat.

I'm very bias as an Eagles fan so I gotta hear some unbiased opinions on this, as it seems out of control to me. Goodell is taking this way too far. I'm all for protecting QB's and WR's but come on now, this is getting to be like touch football.

Sound off, am I alone in these observations?!

Watch him lower his head right into Hagans facemask. You can clearly see it, I dont remember the other hit but this one was obvious that he lowered his head into hagan's facemask.

Watch him lower his head right into Hagans facemask. You can clearly see it, I dont remember the other hit but this one was obvious that he lowered his head into hagan's facemask.

I see he hits his facemask, but it looks like he was leading with his shoulder, you also gotta remember this dude is like a foot shorter than Hagan, so the top of his helmet hitting the bottom of his facemask might be hard to avoid. I guess the dumbest part is the fact they called him a repeat offender rofl....this guy avoids contact more than he makes it. Punch someone = 25k but hitting someone = 40k I guess.

I used to think Harrison was being stupid about his retirement talk, but with this season costing him 100k so far maybe it is time for old school type players like him to get out. This is becoming a downward spiral.

I see he hits his facemask, but it looks like he was leading with his shoulder, you also gotta remember this dude is like a foot shorter than Hagan, so the top of his helmet hitting the bottom of his facemask might be hard to avoid. I guess the dumbest part is the fact they called him a repeat offender rofl....this guy avoids contact more than he makes it. Punch someone = 25k but hitting someone = 40k I guess.

Ya idk man, its all gone to crap now. Any hint that you launched yourself or lowered your head you get slapped with a fine. I guess they will start suspending people here before to long if it continues, Nothing we can do about it though.

I love the Patriots throwback unis.

I love the Patriots throwback unis.

meanwhile the Lions are pretty bland. I think the Bills have the best throwbacks right now IMO.

2005-06-04-bills-uniforms.jpg

Ya idk man, its all gone to crap now. Any hint that you launched yourself or lowered your head you get slapped with a fine. I guess they will start suspending people here before to long if it continues, Nothing we can do about it though.

Like he said...people are gonna start going low instead and breaking peoples legs/knees. Its definately a bad situation.

Like he said...people are gonna start going low instead and breaking peoples legs/knees. Its definately a bad situation.

Out of curiosity, did you have an issue with Dunta Robinson's hit on DJ?

Out of curiosity, did you have an issue with Dunta Robinson's hit on DJ?

I did at first, but after watching it more closely and having a few facts pointed out to me no, it was clean.

Perfect example of why i like to get opinions on things I am biased on, I thought it was dirty then OEM and some other people I know at work made some good points and I realized it was clean.

Edit: I'll be the first to admit when it comes to sports I let my team fanaticism get in the way of my better judgement, that's why I try to get outside opinions!

Edit: I'll be the first to admit when it comes to sports I let my team fanaticism get in the way of my better judgement, that's why I try to get outside opinions!

Its a great trait to have.

Act as if...Nate Burleson grabbing his crotch after catching a 4 yard first down. What a freaking clown! I now hope he fumbles his next reception.

Kid Rock is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back