Who forgets to tighten the bag strap on the cart?? This guy <------

tdinbr

Water hazards are tough!
Reaction score
Handicap
So I forgot to tighten the strap that holds my bag onto the golf cart. Was getting a towel out of a pocket that is hard to get to when the strap is tight and just totally forgot to do it.
So of course the first turn I take going to the 1st tee my bag falls off on to the concrete.
Luckily I still had my head covers on most of my clubs. However, I scuffed the #$%@ out of my 9 and 8 irons. Fortunately not on the face but on the outside of the toe.
These are my fairly new new Diablo's and it kills me that I did that. I can't stand seeing them beat up like that. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to buff them out? I have no idea what to use that would be best and not cause further damage. Should I take them somewhere to have it done??
Thanks for any input guys.....!

Yikes! Bummer, dude. Sorry, I don't have any advice on this one.

Do you have any pictures? Someone with a bit more expertise on this forum could probably help you out.

OOOOF!

Was one of my most hated things. Luckily my Ogio has a cart strap to secure it in addition to the carts normal strap.

I'm terribly sorry that happened, that sucks BAD.

I can take pics with my iPhone if needed and show my stupidity in full color glory......just let me know.

One time I didn't fasten the bag strap on the cart tight enough and then my bag went flying :crying: Luckily everything was ok. Now what I do, on my golf bag itself there's a strap antilock/strap thingie where the strap is supposed to be secure, but on the actual carrying strap on my bag, I wrap it around the divot mixture holder :) Now my bag doesn't go anywhere!

I have no advice for getting scuffs out. I knew a guy who un strapped a guys bag to be funny and the bag fell off....come to find out it broke the head off the club. I have seen people attempt this trick since and I have quickly told the person.

I have no advice for getting scuffs out. I knew a guy who un strapped a guys bag to be funny and the bag fell off....come to find out it broke the head off the club. I have seen people attempt this trick since and I have quickly told the person.

I would fight one of my firends right then and there. I mean all out brawl, best friend or not.

It's funny to guys that don't care about their clubs and others' clubs... And don't deserve to be on the golf course, it's just disrespectful

this might be a good question for the Golftec pros in the other part of the forum. Honestly I don't know a good way to "buff" these out, but I will ask the guys at the local pro shop if they have any ideas.

this might be a good question for the Golftec pros in the other part of the forum. Honestly I don't know a good way to "buff" these out, but I will ask the guys at the local pro shop if they have any ideas.

Thanks WestTex. I do appreciate it.

I really don't know what else to do or who else to ask....

I have no advice for getting scuffs out. I knew a guy who un strapped a guys bag to be funny and the bag fell off....come to find out it broke the head off the club.

Dead. Man.

oh yeah, the guys I was with I didnt really know so I didnt say much. Come to think of it I dont think I have golfed with them since

So I forgot to tighten the strap that holds my bag onto the golf cart. Was getting a towel out of a pocket that is hard to get to when the strap is tight and just totally forgot to do it.
So of course the first turn I take going to the 1st tee my bag falls off on to the concrete.
Luckily I still had my head covers on most of my clubs. However, I scuffed the #$%@ out of my 9 and 8 irons. Fortunately not on the face but on the outside of the toe.
These are my fairly new new Diablo's and it kills me that I did that. I can't stand seeing them beat up like that. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to buff them out? I have no idea what to use that would be best and not cause further damage. Should I take them somewhere to have it done??
Thanks for any input guys.....!

I did it to my TM Supertri (the latch didn't hold the strap tight, needed to get a new cart). One of the only times I leave a head cover off and the driver gets blasted. Its all cosmetic and I used a sharpie where I coud. I was sooo f-ing mad though.

I feel your pain i did the same thing a few months back , i have never been as mad at myself as i was that day, and i've never felt as stupid either . The concrete did quite a number on the toe end of my 50* , 56* and 60* wedges but i have not tried to buff them out , i'm too scared . If yours are as bad as mine it will require some fine sandpaper , and i'm not worried about them enough to do that . If i was you ( and in this case i am, LOL ) i would just leave it alone , it will get better with time ( I promise ) and add character . Not to menion a funny story you can share with everybody if you don't mind getting laughed at , LOL .

Well, I wish I could use a sharpie but that would look even worse I'm afraid!!
It just sucks that everytime I take either club out of my bag, I mentally kick myself in the @ss for doing that....

I can certainly feel for you as I lost mine about a month ago, but all head covers were in place, thankfully. I have a huge bench grinder with a super fine stone on one side. Not sure it would work, but guess it would be better than big chunks and scrapes. Good luck buddy.

Back