What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 x infinity on the duck fat.

fries in duck fat. o heeel yes.

Hot Dougs in Chicago has duck fat fries, but I'm sure I've posted that before. Duck fat is more valuable than gold.

Kevin

We should be having pheasant, quail and chucker, but sadly I ran out of time. The poor freezer is stuffed beyond capacity.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Not really dinner, but the wife is busy making Oreo balls!!!!!! I got a feeling I'm going to be sick on sweets this Thanksgiving haha.

Does the lamb slowly spin on the string? I saw Jaques Pepin do it with duck breasts on TV. He tied them so the string was doubled and would just keep winding up and then spinning slowly. I always wanted to try it.

The lamb looks phenomenal. I like lamb.

I wonder if you cooked duck breast like that, but with the skin on, if you'd end up with smoky duck fat in the pan below. Duck fat rules.

Kevin
Yea it's like a mini rotisserie- u double up the string and give it a spin every 30 mins... Its winds unwinds and does it's thing most of time. This one cooked for 2 hours. It was nice having the kitchen to prepare sides and it's like primeval cooking over fire in the fireplace. I had a lot of fun doing it. Fire left good smoke flavoring and cooked the lamb nicely.

One thing I'd worry about duck is all that fat, i had a pan underneath-u would red a higher heat I think with duck. Not too hard just burn more wood initially to create more coals and scoop them forward. I used maybe 4 logs and kept adding one as the last b

uhhhhh.....could you alert us if you ever dump her.....I'd like a shot at that food.

me too (nohomo)

you guys eat wonderful food... im wayy too lazy tonight so i just hit bk's drive thru for a whopper fries and rootbeer

me too (nohomo)

you guys eat wonderful food... im wayy too lazy tonight so i just hit bk's drive thru for a whopper fries and rootbeer

hahahahaha....this made me LOL for sure

Bacon, lots and lots of bacon.

Bacon, eggs, gravy, sausage, biscuits. I love breakfast for dinner

Dinner at casa de Bridges!!!!!! If I could only eat eggs all the time!
Bacon, lots and lots of bacon.

Bacon, eggs, gravy, sausage, biscuits. I love breakfast for dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Pizza night

had the traditional thanksgiving dinner and my bro/sil's house
my sil is an unbelievable cook

chinese food....craving pepper steak right now

Leftover Chinese and / or Thanksgiving day food.

Tried something new: Filet to me never has enough flavor, its really tender and the girlfriend loves it. So i decided to try and slow smoke some filet's over mesquite for about an hour at 200*F. Then i cranked the grill up to 700* and seared them off. Great smoky flavor and the tenderness of a filet! Turned out pretty good.

Served with a modest baked potato and some braised brussel sprouts with prosciutto! Opened a bottle of the new Duboeuf beaujolais nouveau from this past thursday. Good stuff. Better than the 09 IMO.

150331_145481465503662_100001254286654_273706_8292020_n.jpg

i had left over filipino food last night

Chipotle Honey BBQ chicken sandwich with steak fries!!

148358_145699622148513_100001254286654_274975_8191382_n.jpg

Sloppy Joes last night. There's a sweet pork roast my wife put into the crockpot for tonight. Dinner will be onolicious!

Pork chops and mashed potatoes last night

Tried something new: Filet to me never has enough flavor, its really tender and the girlfriend loves it. So i decided to try and slow smoke some filet's over mesquite for about an hour at 200*F. Then i cranked the grill up to 700* and seared them off. Great smoky flavor and the tenderness of a filet! Turned out pretty good.

Served with a modest baked potato and some braised brussel sprouts with prosciutto! Opened a bottle of the new Duboeuf beaujolais nouveau from this past thursday. Good stuff. Better than the 09 IMO.

150331_145481465503662_100001254286654_273706_8292020_n.jpg

good lord man, i didn't need to see this at 10am! that looks phenomenal. i don't care for brussel sprouts but i'd eat those.

i've got a pot of split pea soup working itself right now. best thing about having a ham for thanksgiving, i can make my soup later.

New York Strip Napoleon...mmm steak and crab

BBQ chicken pizza last night

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back