Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway Wood

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff, GolferGal! It looks like Cobra really built a great line with these fairways. It's nice to see that the quality carries over to the lady's side.

Great review GG!

Thanks everyone! I was surprised at how easy it was to hit this club. I have struggled with woods from the day I picked up a golf club. I used to keep a 3W in my bag but it still had the plastic on it up until the outing. That's how much I hated that club.

Thanks everyone! I was surprised at how easy it was to hit this club. I have struggled with woods from the day I picked up a golf club. I used to keep a 3W in my bag but it still had the plastic on it up until the outing. That's how much I hated that club.

great review GG. glad you were seeing good results with this club. taking the plastic off the 3w made me lol.

It's true though. I had the plastic on it still because I just never used it. I finally started using it off the tee on longer par 3's but it was going too far. Just before the outing I started to get my distances dialed in and I was hitting the ball further and further, which was great, but then I had this huge gap between the 3W and my 4iron. I don't play hybrids at the moment, they are on time-out. When I started testing this 5W I was thrilled! It filled the gap perfectly AND (this is the best part) I can hit if off the deck! I pulled the hybrids b/c I just couldn't hit them off the fairway. I would chunk everything. But this club has restored my faith in woods and now I am thinking about taking the hybrids off time-out. Once it gets warmer I plan to practice with them some more and see if I can get them to work.

great review GG. glad you were seeing good results with this club. taking the plastic off the 3w made me lol.

I know this is a lady's review, but you really have me wanting to try out one of the men's 5 woods before I make a decision on that spot in my bag.

The men's version is similarly easy to hit, it surprised me quite a bit and I just loved it. That's for another thread though, great review GG!!!

It's true though. I had the plastic on it still because I just never used it. I finally started using it off the tee on longer par 3's but it was going too far. Just before the outing I started to get my distances dialed in and I was hitting the ball further and further, which was great, but then I had this huge gap between the 3W and my 4iron. I don't play hybrids at the moment, they are on time-out. When I started testing this 5W I was thrilled! It filled the gap perfectly AND (this is the best part) I can hit if off the deck! I pulled the hybrids b/c I just couldn't hit them off the fairway. I would chunk everything. But this club has restored my faith in woods and now I am thinking about taking the hybrids off time-out. Once it gets warmer I plan to practice with them some more and see if I can get them to work.

sounds like your golf game is coming around pretty well. has "it" clicked yet? If it hasnt, I cant wait til the post where you tell us it has clicked. Thats prob the best feeling in golf as a newer player.

"It" hasn't clicked quite yet and with it being so cold I don't see that happening too soon but I am hoping I can join a ladies league so I can play more and finally have that moment where it all comes together.

sounds like your golf game is coming around pretty well. has "it" clicked yet? If it hasnt, I cant wait til the post where you tell us it has clicked. Thats prob the best feeling in golf as a newer player.

Thanks for the review. I had been thinking about one of these for my fiancee as I use the Rail H and really like it.

If you could see the big old grin on my face right now, you would get tickled :D.... GG that was an awesome review and not because of the brand. You made it feel like I was watching a movie and getting the big picture. I am also excited you have a Cobra in the bag that is working well for you. The F-Rails are very solid, long, and forgiving fairway woods. I'm still grinning :D

Looks like a good gift for AdamsGirl :)

Nope, cause she's aleady getting a 49* Niblick instead! :D

AG is actaully not too bad with her woods, even off the deck. Her 3 works better than her 5, but that's just because she uses her 3 more. She can hit the ball pretty darn straight with those Adams a7OS woods of hers. Now if I could only do the same.... :act-up:

Has this earned a spot in your bag GG?

Great review and I am not surprised it was well liked. I play the Rail F 3w and Rail H 4 and love them both, so I figured the ladies version would be good as well.

I am thinking about adding the Rail H 3 very soon.

I believe it has.

AG is actaully not too bad with her woods, even off the deck. Her 3 works better than her 5, but that's just because she uses her 3 more. She can hit the ball pretty darn straight with those Adams a7OS woods of hers. Now if I could only do the same.... :act-up:

9I -- You know GG like JB, has many new clubs to test .. Even though they might like a particular one now, a new one is always right around the corner. You know, sort of a occupational hazard :D

9I -- You know GG like JB, has many new clubs to test .. Even though they might like a particular one now, a new one is always right around the corner. You know, sort of a occupational hazard :D

We should all be so "unfortunate"!! :D

So I took this out on the course today to play a full 18 with JB and I can say with full confidence that this club will not be leaving my bag! At times I found it easier to hit then my long irons and it has a really great sound at impact. I actually beat JB on two holes because of this club. And I forgot to mention in the review how nice the blue coloring on the crown is. We had some nice sun out there today and the blue sparkle that it has was extremely pleasing to my eyes.

This is really a great club and I highly recommend people giving it a try. I can't begin to express how easy it is to hit.

sounds like you found a winner GG! Any thoughts of getting the 3 wood to match it?

Great news GG!! Glad it's working so well!

Back