What's your Favorite & Least Favorite Christmas songs?

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
After about a month of hearing Christmas songs everywhere, they can get a bit old. But what is your favorite Christmas song? You know the one that just puts you in the Christmas spirit, and by the same token which is your least favorite? Mine are

Favorite:
The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole

Least Favorite:
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus by the really annoying girl/lady (can't tell) from around the 40s/50s

Anybody else have a Christmas song or two too share?

The worst by far for me is anything by Alvin and the Chipmunks...

We have been playing the Josh Groban album Noel today and its pretty good

My favorite is the Peanuts Christmas song by Vince Guardini, and my least favorite is Grandma Got Run-over By a Reindeer.

Favorite is Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. Least fave is A Wonderful Christmas Time by the Wings

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

There are two songs that are a few years old that are my favorites. The first is "How Many Kings" by DownHere; the second is "What I Really Want for Christmas" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

I don't have any least favorite songs, but the any Alvin and the Chipmunk songs are pretty awful.

Favorite: Lo, How a rose e'er blooming

Least favorite: Little drummer boy (what the heck does this song have to do with anything)
It is worth noting that my take on Christmas is from the religious standpoint and I really don't enjoy any of the secular Christmas songs. White Christmas might be the only exception. They just bother me (probably more than they should... what can I say).

Favorite- Little Drummer Boy, Transiberian Orchestra's stuff
Least Favorite- Mariah Caries album.. UGH...

Favorite- "This Christmas" by Donnie Hathaway
Least - anything by Alvin and the Chipmunks

Great choices! I forgot about how bad the Alvin and the chipmunks stuff is:D

Least favorite: Sata Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen. I actually made it thru the whoe season without hearing it this year.

Favorites:
- O Holy Night
- Silent Night
- O Baby It’s Cold Outside

Least Favorites:
- I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus

Favorite - Angels we have heard on high.
Least - Grandma Got Run-over By a Reindeer.

I can stand most of them but I do not have a favorite. As for the ones I hate: Elvis christmas songs (wife loves them), and any country christmas songs, Just Awful!

My favorite Christmas song is hands down The Grinch Song. My least favorite is Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney. Every time that song comes on I cringe and quickly turn the station!!!

dont have one fav but most the old traditional songs I like and also prefer them sung by the more classical artists.

Not a big fan of newer artisits and remakes as they are never as classic in my mind.

But alvin n the monks does rank among the worst and as much as i love McCartney and the Wings that one ranks real badly too.

In general I dislike Christmas music. A few songs I do like are
Merry Christmas From the Family-Robert Earl Keen
If We Make it through December-Merle Haggard
Anything done by Vince Gill, his voice just does Christmas songs so well.

My least favorites include pretty much anything you would hear in a mall.

Love Bing Crosby singing White Christmas

Sick of "Domenic the Donkey" & " I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Nate King Cole 'Chestnuts roasting on an open fire' is my favorite

Grandma for run over is my least

Favorite:

I have two:

O Holy Night. Such incredible power in that song. Celine Dion (yes, I know she's a freak, but she can flat sing) has a great version:

Second favorite is Carol of the Bells. A good chorus singing that is just awesome.

I think for least favorite I'd have to agree that "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus" is awful.

Honorable mention: if you haven't heard the Bare Naked Ladies Christmas album, you should. It's awesome fun.

Favorite: Run Run Rudolph by Chuck Berry

Least favorite: Wonderful Christmas time by Paul McCartney that song gets on my nerves.

Favorite: Carol of the Bells
Least: Jingle Bell, any of the silly ones.

I should have mentioned anything that is in the movie Home Alone as one of my favorites.

Back