THP Ballmarkers & Poker Chip For 2010 Shipping Now

JB you did nothing wrong so you shouldn't feel bad. All's fair in love and poker chips. You put them up for sale and whoever was online got them. Nothing unfair about that.

Thank you. We are debating ordering a few more for the 2nd batch based on demand. They will still be a limited edition by a large margin, but not so limited. We think it is wonderful that so many want to be able to support the site, get in a special raffle, and get the poker chips. We also want to make sure that our first edition of these remains a limited edition. For those wondering, the 2011 version will be getting done early in 2011, so there will be a shot at those as well. They will not be as limited, but will be just as cool.

maybe for the next batch you could put them up for sale in the morning or around noon or so, that way some of the day crew has a crack at them?

That is the plan as well as giving an exact time they will be available for sale.

I'm a low number member who spends all day online and I didn't get one. My own fault but I'm not going to be bitter about it.
Well I guess I am glad I have my trusty Okechobee Golf Club poker chip because it looks like what 4000-or more members and 120 in the only 2 orders? Guess the lucky ones and low number members get one and those who can't spend all day on-line , well no problem. Pre orders would be great but?

I'm not sure about post of the year but this is at least post of the month!
If you really wanted one that bad you need to be more serious and be here more often. And if you cant be online theres always Tapatalk for the extra extra serious ones. ;-)

I'm a low number member who spends all day online and I didn't get one. My own fault but I'm not going to be bitter about it.

I'm a very low number winner who spends all day online too and I chose not to get one. I don't like using poker chip ball markers due to their size. I prefer to just use a dime. Since I couldn't put it to good use there was no reason for me to order one.

Has THP ever tried a true pre order???
I mean, where you actually take the money and buy the items based on the amount of money you actually received??
(not just pre-orders)
just wondering if that might have helped with some of the items that were either over or under ordered based on perceived sentiment.

not trying to to stir the pot, just asking...

As for the chip, I must have missed the pre announcement.. My bad...

yes, with every magazine, the belt buckle, etc...

EDIT: I should add that again, I do not see how a pre-order changes anything here. There is only a limited number and it would still come down to who is online when they go for sale live or pre-order.

The way it was done was great, but perhaps it should have been limited to say 2 or 3 per person. At 5 per person (which is what I would have gotten and assume most did) it could be as little as 12 people who have them. I understand your point though JB of holding stock and it being costly, you had no idea that they would be gone this quickly. Great of the THP staff to see and even consider a second release!

+1 I don't see the difference between someone being online when the announcement is made and making a ourchase or being online and pre-ordering when the announcement is made?

EDIT: I should add that again, I do not see how a pre-order changes anything here. There is only a limited number and it would still come down to who is online when they go for sale live or pre-order.

The way it was done was great, but perhaps it should have been limited to say 2 or 3 per person.

The goal is too move merchandise. To eliminate stock as soon as possible. Why would they limit how many a person can buy if they are trying to eliminate stock. THP HQ does not want to have poker chips laying around the office for months.

your right...the pre orders do not change anything unless you only allow say 1 per person. that may make them last longer and thus give people a bit more time to see the topic.
but if it is only a limited second run, and with the THP enthusiasm, it probably would not last a whole bunch longer than if you did a "real time" announcement....

THP is growing by leaps and bounds...I think long past are the days of the limited edition belt buckles that you had a hard time selling...(that is a good thing, right?)

Reactions: JB
your right...the pre orders do not change anything unless you only allow say 1 per person. that may make them last longer and thus give people a bit more time to see the topic.

Why limit how many a person can buy? What if I want 60 poker chips? If I place my order for 60 before anybody else, why should I be punished for other people being slow to act?

The goal is too move merchandise. To eliminate stock as soon as possible. Why would they limit how many a person can buy if they are trying to eliminate stock. THP HQ does not want to have poker chips laying around the office for months.

The goal Mr Gold, if I may be so brash, is not too move merchandise. THP is not a Walmart. It is a family with a lot of very active (and sometimes voiceful) members. :angel:
Getting "merchandise" in the hands of people as fast as possible is not the intent. Getting quality THP memorabilia into the hands of the "family" which in turns solidifies this forum, is more likely the intent...

IMHO of course....

Maybe I was looking forward to getting this more than some, but for 20 to 30 people wanting this @ 5$ each doesn't seem unreasonable...

but if it is only a limited second run, and with the THP enthusiasm, it probably would not last a whole bunch longer than if you did a "real time" announcement....

THP is growing by leaps and bounds...I think long past are the days of the limited edition belt buckles that you had a hard time selling...(that is a good thing, right?)

As we said, we will NOT be limiting how many a person can buy, but we have not seen anybody order too many and do not expect to. We gave warning of the last batch and will do the same for the next one so people have time to plan and be online if they need one.

This is a LIMITED EDITION first run, there will not be enough for everybody, and because of that we have a regular run for 2011 scheduled as well as plenty of other items in the store that we believe are deserving of the THP logo and look. Including the LIMITED EDITION putter covers that we still have plenty of.

The goal Mr Gold, if I may be so brash, is not too move merchandise. THP is not a Walmart. It is a family with a lot of very active (and sometimes voiceful) members. :angel:
Getting "merchandise" in the hands of people as fast as possible is not the intent. Getting quality THP memorabilia into the hands of the "family" which in turns solidifies this forum, is more likely the intent...

IMHO of course....

You know that they have to pay for the stuff before they can sell it? I bet JB and GG are happy to be sitting on those putter headcovers that everybody had to have.

Maybe I was looking forward to getting this more than some, but for 20 to 30 people wanting this @ 5$ each doesn't seem unreasonable...

Apparently you weren't looking forward to them enough to pay attention to the announcements.

Too many negative vibes in this thread guys. There will be some more coming and hopefully everybody that wants one gets one. Maybe those who have extras can make somebody's day down the road as well :) Let's move on.

Why limit how many a person can buy? What if I want 60 poker chips? If I place my order for 60 before anybody else, why should I be punished for other people being slow to act?

You shouldn't be punished, but it would be seen as selfish. I'm sure you have no need for 60 poker chips unless you intend to give them away to THP members. If you were intending to resell them at a profit, I would see that as insulting to JB and GG and the rest of the THP members.

You know that they have to pay for the stuff before they can sell it? I bet JB and GG are happy to be sitting on those putter headcovers that everybody had to have.

Apparently you weren't looking forward to them enough to pay attention to the announcements.

Like I said, I see nothing wrong with how they were sold just that they were not limited per person. I missed out, as did many other while some got 5 or 10.

Too many negative vibes in this thread guys. There will be some more coming and hopefully everybody that wants one gets one. Maybe those who have extras can make somebody's day down the road as well :) Let's move on.

i agree hawk!

and bama, don't you have a really limited THP ball marker already? that beautiful 59 made piece? no one else got a shot to buy that ball marker, yet no one complained when you received yours. if for some reason you miss out on a poker chip, i'll sell you one of mine :)

I'm hoping I don't come across as negative, but just creating some debate. I think it's great that the THP items create this much interest. I know I haven't been a member for a long time, but this is hands down the best web site around.

I'm hoping I don't come across as negative, but just creating some debate. I think it's great that the THP items create this much interest. I know I haven't been a member for a long time, but this is hands down the best web site around.

i don't think you're being negative dude.

i bet if THP HQ tacked on a 18% gratuity on the poker chips that they wouldn't sell out near as quickly :)

i bet if THP HQ tacked on a 18% gratuity on the poker chips that they wouldn't sell out near as quickly :)

Care to put a poker chip as a wager? lol

i agree hawk!

and bama, don't you have a really limited THP ball marker already? that beautiful 59 made piece? no one else got a shot to buy that ball marker, yet no one complained when you received yours. if for some reason you miss out on a poker chip, i'll sell you one of mine :)

No I do not....you must be thinking of another short guy on THP from Alabama.....

Just have to dredge up the old stuff dont you Lucus....
BTW, I am playing golf tomorrow with a bunch of friends and a little Capn Morgan....
what are you doing tomorrow???
chris_putt_snow.jpg

Reactions: JB
bama,
I have no idea what the weather has to do with this. I live in FL and played golf yesterday, does that make me a better person than you? Of course not. Being taller than 5'4 and better looking does, but that is for a different place. :alien:

Enough with the petty stuff everybody. The chips sold out. Some people did not get them. We have agreed to order more despite saying originally we would not be, so others do not get left out. We will announce when they will be going for sale the night before and then they will go up in the AM the following day.

My constructive thoughts on the matter...

Perhaps the solution isn't limiting the number of chips someone can buy- but removing the incentive to buy more than you "need". I ordered 5 for $20. Had the 5 for $20 not been an option I likely would have ordered 2 leaving 3 for other people. I doubt I am the only person that did it this way.

Perhaps with the reprint of the chips you can just make them $5 flat without the discount. The people who got them first will still be special cause they got the special price and the next 60 have a greater opportunity to be spread out over more people but those that want more can certainly get as many as they are willing to buy.

Thoughts?

Tapatalking

bama,
I have no idea what the weather has to do with this. I live in FL and played golf yesterday, does that make me a better person than you? Of course not. Being taller than 5'4 and better looking does, but that is for a different place. :alien:

That particular comment was directed at your cohort in crime, TC....
As for being taller than 5'4"...I will give you that one.
Better looking??? that is in the eyes of the beholder...(or in your particular case...the bathroom mirror) Bazinga!! :devil:

Back