Taylormade XFT Wedge

Does anybody know how much are the replaceable faces?

not really anymore you learn not to trust it to check so hard and instead play a better trajectory which i feel has made me a better player overall but on full length shots from the fairway there really isnt much of a difference the ball still holds nicely, however from the rough you really have to play trajectory instead of playing like a low check shot i have to fly it a little more and play the roll out, but thats it

and the plates are around 40 bucks depending on where you get them i have seen them for like 37 or some places charge full msrp at 45 so it really all depends, either is still better than 120 bucks per wedge

Bumping this for Hawk.

I like looking back at the initial thoughts of this wedge. I have the 60 and love it. I've been thinking of replace my Tw9 56 with an XFT 56 for a while not, but have not been able to pull the trigger. Saw them for 89 at Golf Galaxy the other day. I may stock up on some faceplates before the year is out.

Just wanted to bump this since real golfer feedback is always helpful.

I took my new XFT out for it's first trip to the range today. I ended up getting the 50° to better match my gaps, and I was hoping that it worked as well for me as the 52° did in FL. Long story short, I loved it.

I was able to hit the ball everywhere from 10 yards to 100 with great accuracy and hit the ball high/low as desired. I could get a little more distance out of it, but I have found that a 3/4 swing is much more reliable for me with wedges right now.

Coolest thing I noticed is that the grooves were destroying range balls. There were shavings stuck in them after every solid shot I took. I've never had a spinny wedge game and this is a welcome site for me. I'm hoping to gain a bit more control over my short game now. I also love that I'll be able to replace the face when it gets worn out instead of buying a whole new wedge.

I also went to the green with it and put my first three chips within two feet of the hole. Missed one chip in by inches. It was just like I remembered.

It's another match made in THP Outing & Demo Day heaven :)

I like looking back at the initial thoughts of this wedge. I have the 60 and love it. I've been thinking of replace my Tw9 56 with an XFT 56 for a while not, but have not been able to pull the trigger. Saw them for 89 at Golf Galaxy the other day. I may stock up on some faceplates before the year is out.

TGW has a 15% off storewide sale and I got mine for 76.00 + 6.99 shipping, ddec. That's a great price.

TGW has a 15% off storewide sale and I got mine for 76.00 + 6.99 shipping, ddec. That's a great price.

sure is, I found golfsmith had that too. 15% plus free shipping, so its low 70's. Hard to resist, but I still enjoy my wilson wedge

For those that are using these, which insert are you using, conforming or non-conforming? (old or new grooves)

z groove right now

For those that are using these, which insert are you using, conforming or non-conforming? (old or new grooves)

Non conforming. But I have seen a test where there wasnt that much of a difference between the 2 for amateur golfers. Cant remember where I saw it though, I think someone on here posted a link to the test results.

ZGroove and a couple of replacements are as well.

I have the Z grooves. At the outing, I used the conforming ones. I honestly have not noticed a difference.

I have non conforming in my xFTs right now, and I have two "new" face plates that I got when I bought them. I may still add a gap wedge before the end of the year, or might even wait till a see a used 52* on the rack and buy that (and replace the face).

I might also pick up a few more face plates while the non-conforming grooves still exist. I'll be going to a "rotation" on the face plates, since my 60* gets so little use next season I am going to flip the faces on the 56 and the 60. My pro also mentioned the idea of having one set of face plates for practice and then one set for playing to ensure fresh grooves on the course. I don't think I practice enough to make it worth it, but some here might!

These are really cool. I have a lot of demoing to do. Still trying to make it work with the Outing and Demo Day.

Taylor Made xFT

Taylor Made xFT

Can you bend these wedges, my guess is no with XFT and everything.

Merged to a rather large thread on the subject.

I bent mine 2 degrees with no issues at all.

I wouldn't think that the XFT would have anything to do with being able to bend these wedges. Just my thoughts.

Merged to a rather large thread on the subject.

I bent mine 2 degrees with no issues at all.

JB, you said "I bent MINE" but obviously your sig shows the CG15s. Do you game the xFT wedges very often? Is there a review from you anywhere on these?

JB, you said "I bent MINE" but obviously your sig shows the CG15s. Do you game the xFT wedges very often? Is there a review from you anywhere on these?
JB can speak of his experience with the wedge.

Here are a few threads I dug up.

Kenny Perry talking about the XFT Wedge: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...ks-Taylormade-xFT-Wedges&highlight=taylormade

Here is JB's review on the wedge: http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=6512

I went with these wedges for the pure fact that when it comes time to replace the wedges, I only need to replace the faceplate and not the entire wedge. Something I seriously considered was the fact that non-conforming grooved wedges would be more and more difficult and expensive to find as the months and years wore on. Not only that, but their performance is excellent. I'm very happy with mine.

I played these quite a bit during the review process. Do I still game them? No. But did for quite a few months and over a dozen rounds.

Thanks biggsy for finding the review.

Has anyone else noticed that some of these wedges say "milled" on the right side and some of them say "milled" on the left side under the degree/bounce? Would anyone know the significance of that? Maybe they initially made it one way and then decided to change.

Mine say "milled" on the left side under the degree and bounce, while the one JB had photos of looks to have said "milled" on the right. What about you guys?

I think that next time I buy wedges, these will be they. I have a 45* PW, so a 50 and 55 sounds about right. Never found a lot of use for a 60.

Back