Burner SuperFast 2.0 VS R11

Ginja-Ninja

Reaction score
Handicap
Which one do you prefer?

Which one do you prefer?

Do you mean just based on looks and technology? I am not sure how else to compare two clubs when one of them is not available to the public yet. I am really curious to see how consumers warm up to the white R11 driver. i wonder if looks will outweigh performance and vice versa.

Do you mean just based on looks? I am not sure how else to compare two clubs when one of them is not available to the public yet.

Good point!

based off looks, the superfast 2.0.

just off looks...the R11

Thats what I was thinking GG. But on looks, I like the 2.0 a little more.

I think that I really need to see the headcovers to make that call. :banana:

If they sit the same at address as the ones before, then r11.

i would probably prefer the R11 driver as i prefer the R9 driver over the superfast driver, but i prefer the superfast 3w over the R9 3wood so i suspect i would like the superfast 2.0 3w more than the R11 3w.

of course this is all subject to change when i hit them both.

R11 I guess. But I am one of the few not crazy about the white on either.

I'm just talking about looks and the improvements made from other years.

I think they both look great, slight edge to the 2.0 in looks but I would probably game the R11 just due to interchangeable shafts.

I really like my current Superfast TP. However, my next driver will probably be the R11, R13, or R19. Whatever they are on when can I afford another driver.

Of course, I'm exaggerating but I'm basically saying my next driver will have interchangeable shafts, making it to where all I need is the adapter to put in a new shaft. I think that alone is awesome and something the Superfast line lacks.

As far as improvements, the R11 is now even more customizable than it was before. But I think I read somewhere that the Superfast is 5 yards longer? I'm good. I'd buy the R11 but not the Superfast 2.0 when I already have the Superfast TP. 5 to 10 yards isn't worth the price in my opinion.

They both look sweet.

I like both, however after owning the R5, R7 SuperQuad, and now the R9 SuperTri....it is only logical to go with the R11 Super*....whatever....lol. I like to customize and made adjustments as well.

R11 just because of the continuation of the MWT and FCT. I have 3 shafts tipped just waiting for a new driver. Not sure about the all white but, it is growing on me.

On looks alone it would be the 2.0, or overall technology it would be the R11. I would have to hit both to make a definitive selection.

Leaning towards the SF 2.0 right now. At this point theres only a 440cc R11 vs a more forgiving SF 2.0. I'll take the 2.0

I'd have to pick the R11 based on technology and looks, but I hit the Superfast TP better than the SuperTri, so I'll probably have to reconsider once I try both of them out.

Hit my R11 vs my SFTP today and I am 90% convinced that the SFTP is the club for me....much lighter and better performance.....

I posted this in the R11 thread.

So I had a cool morning. I was at work an hour before we open and I was able to try the R11 and 2.0. We still don't have our demo clubs in yet so I had to tape the faces of two of our clubs that we got for sale. Since the faces were taped I didn't pay to close attention to the spin numbers I was getting as I imagine the tape can skew things. That being said I really focused on the feel of the clubs. Both I tried were the TP versions. The R11 was the 9 degree stiff Blur 65 gram and the 2.0 was the 9.5 stiff Matrix HD6 I believe. I spent 20 - 30 minutes total between both clubs.

I hit the R11 first and I have to say from a feel stand point I was a little disappointed. The best way I can describe it is that compared to my SuperTri the face did not seem to have as much "pop". I didn't feel like the ball was coming off hot. The one thing that did seem to stand out was that I normally hit a draw with my driver and I was pretty consistently a few yards right of center with the R11.( I am right handed by the way.) It seemed like it was pretty accurate which I liked.

Then I hit the 2.0 and in terms of feel this thing was fantastic. I definitely preferred the feel of the 2.0 over the R11. Feel is pretty high on my list when I am trying new clubs. The ball felt great coming off the face and I was hitting it around 20 yards further than the R11. The 2.0 felt really smooth throughout the swing. So at this point I am leaning more towards the 2.0. I just have to try and find somewhere that I can try all the available TP shafts in it.

I realize that feel is 100% subjective but I still wanted to share my initial thoughts with you guys.

Back