Journey to Break 85

Nice RB!! Glad to have you here! Please feel free to use this thread to post away! Im keeping my fingers crossedfor ya broski!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Yoccos, I am looking forward to your reviews here and your new mashie.

Appreciate that! Definitely looking forward to giving that Mashie a good walk through haha. The mashie and I have been apart too long!!!! Hawk has used it quite a bit too. Should be a lot of fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got to play yesterday! Once again proving that my range conditions arent the greatest. lol. I did learn I can't forget to at least hit the big stick a couple times.

Anyway onto my round. The score does not accurately reflect how I played. ONLY 1 BIG NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!! I had one double and that was a bad putt from 6 feet. I missed some chances at saving par and usually my distances were just off. I attribute the distance confusion to using a ball I've rarely used. Not sure why I did since I'm so stuck on keeping consistancy. The wedges were a big surprise. I was worried about the shaft and grips but they played extremely well. Just like the launch simulator said... Hmmm something to be said for numbers. I tore through the Tx4 and after 9 holes I couldn't play it anymore. It was great around the green though. The putter was once again a dream date. I'm starting to get used to playing good golf. Still hit some fat but I've got confidence around the green now.

I just wanted to throw a quick update out there. I will be putting a sensicore thread up just cause I know they've helped me a lot.

Sounds like a good round Yoccos, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sensicore.

Thank you Duey. I was a bit skeptical at first to be honest. I've been playing with one of those elbow thigns for awhile now. It feels good to golf away without thinking about any pain. The lighter shafts helped too, at least to a point. I golf pain free now without the assitance of anything. A great feeling.
Sounds like a good round Yoccos, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the sensicore.

Thanks for the update, Yoccos...maybe I will be get a chance to play later this week when I get to
Florida. I went out yesterday and practiced with my 56 niblick...Trying to figure out how to use it in the sand. I will probably practice later on this afternoon.

Nice job, Yoccos!

I know quite a few people that love that club. I was eyeballing it for awhile! The review here on the homepage, http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=6297 should help with how to use it out of the sand. Wasn't 100% sure if you caught it or not.

Hopefully you're able to get out there and practice some! Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the update, Yoccos...maybe I will be get a chance to play later this week when I get to
Florida. I went out yesterday and practiced with my 56 niblick...Trying to figure out how to use it in the sand. I will probably practice later on this afternoon.

Thanks, Yoccos, I printed it out and will take it with me to Florida tomorrow.

Been awhile since I've had anything to post here due to the winter, but I've spent a few days at the indoor range working on things.

Wedges are getting really good and I'm getting excited to get out on the course. I don't have any irons, so I hit about 100 wedge shots of all sorts each time at the range. There are a bunch of little flags at various yardages to aim for and I have been playing little games with them.

Driver is sort of an issue for me right now. I know I come OTT, but I'm able to control it to an extent with the shaft and set up. Still, I'm getting tired of losing yards due to a swing fault. I feel like I should be able to hit the ball farther. So, I have been watching this guy teach people over the last couple weeks and went to talk to him today. He's the golf coach at a local college and seems to be pretty good. I got his card and am going to work with him on my long game for awhile to see what comes of it. He's bossy and technical, which I like. Will post results of course.

Those wedge shots are going to pay off very soon Hawk. I love hearing about lessons because usually a lot of tips are out there. I do the same thing and try to overhear lessons without being a distraction lol. Just try and get basic pointers haha. The OTTmove is hard to cure. I know some people love the baseball diamond drill, but it's one of the harder ones for me to get going.

Been awhile since I've had anything to post here due to the winter, but I've spent a few days at the indoor range working on things.

Wedges are getting really good and I'm getting excited to get out on the course. I don't have any irons, so I hit about 100 wedge shots of all sorts each time at the range. There are a bunch of little flags at various yardages to aim for and I have been playing little games with them.

Driver is sort of an issue for me right now. I know I come OTT, but I'm able to control it to an extent with the shaft and set up. Still, I'm getting tired of losing yards due to a swing fault. I feel like I should be able to hit the ball farther. So, I have been watching this guy teach people over the last couple weeks and went to talk to him today. He's the golf coach at a local college and seems to be pretty good. I got his card and am going to work with him on my long game for awhile to see what comes of it. He's bossy and technical, which I like. Will post results of course.

Good luck Hawk! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Good luck everyone! Consistantly breaking 85 is my goal too. When I do, I'll let you all know!

Great to have you on board!!!!!!!! Post everything JL! How you're getting there, successes, obstacles etc. We all can learn a bunch from each other and it's great to have a real good support system.

Good luck everyone! Consistantly breaking 85 is my goal too. When I do, I'll let you all know!

Can't believe I just found this thread, great job Yoccos! For me I break 85 about 30% of the time but have yet to break 80. Similar to Hawk what is holding me back from being the player I want to be right now is my driver. I have been working on it for the past month really hard and it is getting a lot better, but it has a long way to go if I want to reach my goal of being a single digit handicapper.

The driver is tough!!! It's the most volitile club in my bag sometimes. Fortunately for me, mine is taking a rest lol. I'm looking at new drivers and just mainly hit 3w or Mashie (more recent) off the tee lol.

Do you use it a lot?

Can't believe I just found this thread, great job Yoccos! For me I break 85 about 30% of the time but have yet to break 80. Similar to Hawk what is holding me back from being the player I want to be right now is my driver. I have been working on it for the past month really hard and it is getting a lot better, but it has a long way to go if I want to reach my goal of being a single digit handicapper.

The driver is tough!!! It's the most volitile club in my bag sometimes. Fortunately for me, mine is taking a rest lol. I'm looking at new drivers and just mainly hit 3w or Mashie (more recent) off the tee lol.

Do you use it a lot?

I would say I use my driver on 8-10 holes per round. If a hole is 400 or longer I play driver, or if there is no trouble in the areas that I hit the ball I hit driver but I stay to 3 woods or hybrids off the tee if I can.

I would say I have about the same # of driver holes too. I saw some strokes saved as I moved away from driver on everything but par 3 lol. Even then, I still have more trouble 110 yards and in. I'd rather hit a mid iron to the green than a pw, gw, sw. I'm sure you'll get it dailed in with all the practice you are putting in. Great stuff!

I would say I use my driver on 8-10 holes per round. If a hole is 400 or longer I play driver, or if there is no trouble in the areas that I hit the ball I hit driver but I stay to 3 woods or hybrids off the tee if I can.

I would say I have about the same # of driver holes too. I saw some strokes saved as I moved away from driver on everything but par 3 lol. Even then, I still have more trouble 110 yards and in. I'd rather hit a mid iron to the green than a pw, gw, sw. I'm sure you'll get it dailed in with all the practice you are putting in. Great stuff!

Thanks buddy, good luck to you too. I couldn't be happier with my game 200 yards and in, its off the tee thats killing me right now, but I'm sure I will get that fixed soon enough and some other part of my game will go horribly wrong.

Since I'm in the updating mood, I'll update this as well.

I had one of those "Aha!" moments a couple weeks ago. I've always understood the concepts of Andy's baseball drill, but I couldn't make it work for me. I spent some time working on my takeaway and my grip (which helped me with wrist hinge) and tried to get myself swinging to first base. Finally figured it out and did something that I've never done consistently or purposely, which is to draw the ball.

So far, drawing the ball has been confined to the wedges, but once I get some irons, I can get to work on them. In the end, I'm more concerned with straight than draw. With the added wrist hinge and better grip, I've also seen my ball height go way up and my distance increase. I really think that I'm getting my swing to where it should have been all along. Basically, I quit hinging last year because I couldn't control it and my distance and trajectory suffered for it. I'm so glad that I've had time to just practice without worrying about a score. I don't mind duffing a few balls at the range when I'm trying to learn something. Out on the course, I would just revert to what I was comfortable with. It wasn't perfect, but I could get by. I'm tired of just getting by though :)

I also reverted my driver back to a completely neutral set up and went to work on the baseball drill with it. It is much harder to do with a driver lol. The best thing was that I sort of got the hang of it and was hitting straight lazers with the driver. My miss was a push, which is a good thing I've heard. I'm going to keep working on it and also try to get my driver trajectory up. I would like a bit more height on it, but will settle for straight at first.

REALLY looking forward to this season. I have lots of work to do, but I was thinking back to April of 2010 and amazed at the changes I've gone through. Not expecting miracles, but I am expecting some improvements out on the course.

Since I'm in the updating mood, I'll update this as well.

I had one of those "Aha!" moments a couple weeks ago. I've always understood the concepts of Andy's baseball drill, but I couldn't make it work for me. I spent some time working on my takeaway and my grip (which helped me with wrist hinge) and tried to get myself swinging to first base. Finally figured it out and did something that I've never done consistently or purposely, which is to draw the ball.

So far, drawing the ball has been confined to the wedges, but once I get some irons, I can get to work on them. In the end, I'm more concerned with straight than draw. With the added wrist hinge and better grip, I've also seen my ball height go way up and my distance increase. I really think that I'm getting my swing to where it should have been all along. Basically, I quit hinging last year because I couldn't control it and my distance and trajectory suffered for it. I'm so glad that I've had time to just practice without worrying about a score. I don't mind duffing a few balls at the range when I'm trying to learn something. Out on the course, I would just revert to what I was comfortable with. It wasn't perfect, but I could get by. I'm tired of just getting by though :)

I also reverted my driver back to a completely neutral set up and went to work on the baseball drill with it. It is much harder to do with a driver lol. The best thing was that I sort of got the hang of it and was hitting straight lazers with the driver. My miss was a push, which is a good thing I've heard. I'm going to keep working on it and also try to get my driver trajectory up. I would like a bit more height on it, but will settle for straight at first.

REALLY looking forward to this season. I have lots of work to do, but I was thinking back to April of 2010 and amazed at the changes I've gone through. Not expecting miracles, but I am expecting some improvements out on the course.

Amen dude... just from the five or so times we played the improvement from may to November was astonishing , and I think you still will improve a ton. your iron play is like night and day.

Thats awesome Hawk. I loved you short game and to hear everything else is starting to click is fantastic news!!

Kinda funny because I had one of those moments yesterday. I was at the simulator and my day was horrid on the first 4 holes. Slicing my driver like I haven't done in ages. I was getting frustrated because I was making great contact on the rest of my shots. I noticed a flaw in my takeaway and it seemed to help tremendously. I had 2 birdies and 1 eagle lol. I chip in from 42 yards out with my niblick. I know I'm talking simulator but I walked away feeling good because of how solid my irons were. I don't know. It just started clicking again. I need to work on a shorter takeaway though. That part is killing me. Any tips? I feel I can't swing and I get all arms with a shorter swing.

Can't help you on that as I really need to lengthen out my swing. I spent most of the year using a 1/2 to 3/4 swing with no hinge. It enabled me to make consistent contact, but distance and accuracy suffered for it.

You know I found it really hard to hinge, turn and 3/4 it. Was that an area that you had trouble with?

My instructor gave me a drill that broke my swing into 3 parts. Takeaway, drop my club into the slot and then turn (using the big muscles). I can't get it down.

Can't help you on that as I really need to lengthen out my swing. I spent most of the year using a 1/2 to 3/4 swing with no hinge. It enabled me to make consistent contact, but distance and accuracy suffered for it.

Back