Callaway Jaws CC Wedges

Here is some news from the Tour Van.

Callaway X-Series JAWS Wedges and X-Forged Wedges are still in the hands of several non-Callaway staffers. Jim Furyk still has X Forged and JAWS wedges in his bag. He requested another X-Forged 60-degree C Grind for a backup of his current gamer. Hunter Mahan also had Callaway wedges in the bag from last year—a JAWS Slate 54-degree and an X-Forged Vintage 60-degree wedge.

I have some Jaws wedges and they are fantastic wedges. Spin, feel and control are very good. Extremely pleased with them so far!

i like the looks of these - never been a callaway dog - but i should hit these at the outing.

Those are awesome looking wedges.
I finally realized that they're styled after the X-proto irons after all these months. What a nice matching set they'd make!

I haven't jumped to the jaws yet....the xforged is still my all-time fav...

but check this baby out. me likey. I got to hit some after Roger Cleveland intro'd and demo'd.

02d13e0c.jpg

but check this baby out. me likey. I got to hit some after Roger Cleveland intro'd and demo'd.

02d13e0c.jpg

Ah the much fabled wide-sole!
How was it??

02d13e0c.jpg

NICE!!

Nice looking wedges, the slate would be really sharp Vibranted.

I had to merge my thread because I am guilty this time of not searching first. Oops, don't tell my boss. ; )

haha thats funny. But if you keep working out with Tiger your gonna have guns like him too...oh wait nm. lol

Those are some sexy wedges for sure.

bad@ss. zero bounce is soooooo good. I canNOT wait to have one. that thing off a tight lie is money.

Shoot, that's not gonna work well up here at all!

OK, so, the wide-sole 58* 0-bounce is SUPER intriguing to me....

Zero bounce? WOW!!! wouldnt that dig alot?

that thing slides so smooth over the turf. i'm in love in love with it. out of the sand it's crazy good.

Wow, that is really interesting....but then again im sure Mr. Cleavland(sp?) knows exactly what he is doing...

Just looked at the spec sheet for the new wedges, 64/12, really??? A 64 degree wedge with 12 degrees of bounce??? That is meaty!!!

Callaway X Series JAWS CC Slate wedge

Callaway X Series JAWS CC Slate wedge

I just purchased the new Callaway X Series JAWS CC Slate wedge(52 degree). I tried a ton of different brands in store before picking it. Store versus real world can be much different experience though, so I'll wait to provide any feed back until after my rounds this Sunday. I am curious if anybody else has one and has any feedback before I take it out for it's maiden voyage.

I think I may have sold mine prematurely.

Purchased them over the winter and they made their debut on a golf trip in Orlando. While I loved the feel and look, I just couldn't stop a ball with them at all around the greens. It got to be very frustrating.

I should have tried them with DG Spinners, but ho'd them instead. Somewhat regretting it now.

I just purchased the new Callaway X Series JAWS CC Slate wedge(52 degree). I tried a ton of different brands in store before picking it. Store versus real world can be much different experience though, so I'll wait to provide any feed back until after my rounds this Sunday. I am curious if anybody else has one and has any feedback before I take it out for it's maiden voyage.

I have these in my bag as well. I would recommend that you focus on your ball striking. If I screw up my set up with these babies I really dig and end up hitting fat. As long as I pay attention to where the ball is (elevation wise) in relation to my feet and adjust accordingly I'm fine. I think you'll really like the c-grind sole if you like to play a lot of different shots. My flop/lob game has been greatly improved because of the versatility of the sole.

I think I may have sold mine prematurely.

Purchased them over the winter and they made their debut on a golf trip in Orlando. While I loved the feel and look, I just couldn't stop a ball with them at all around the greens. It got to be very frustrating.

I should have tried them with DG Spinners, but ho'd them instead. Somewhat regretting it now.

Really? I thought that even w/out the Mack Daddy's these things were still spin doctors.

Back