South Florida man killed in golf course robbery

this is horrible!!

That is horrible, several years back there were a few armed robberies at the city owned muni in Macon. I still would not play there except during a charity tournament, it is pretty isolated back there on the hole they were hitting people up on.

Wow, horrible... Its sad that every sanctuary can be taken away by criminals

Absolutely terrible and uncalled for! Shows how desparate the thugs are and how we all need to be alert no matter where we are.

It's a shame when golfers have to start packing guns while enjoying a round of golf.

looks like I'm gonna have to start carrying one more thing in my bag now...

That sucks but if this changes the way you do things, you better start packing just walking out to the mailbox.

If anything it says how pathetic and petty we've become as a society that there are no boundaries for such actions. Acts of desperation. What's next, a beating at a church? At least I'll have an excuse to being late with my tee time.. sorry sir I had to run back home and grab my gat.

So glad Iowa just passed a law that makes it so easy to carry weapons now. We are heading towards being the next Texas.

Wow, that's awful. I know of one attempted robbery at a public course in Philly. A guy jumped on and stole someones cart with their belongings in it. He didn't get far but still something I never think about while playing.

This is Terrible! I would never think someone could do something like this. I never carry that much cash when I am playing anyway but I just don't understand the thinking about this.

Sounds like Sunflower Hills. We had a gun pulled on us about 20 years ago because one of our foursome hit into a group we thought was gone. Nothing came of it then, although the cops were waiting for them when they finished.

Back