Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Does anyone know if I need to know my Miyazaki flex code to order a Mashie?

It's probably going to be tough to get that info ahead of time, so I'll just say this. The stock offering is the C Kua 59, which comes in 4 flexes and 4 intl flex codes. The shaft is made to launch the ball high. I would do all I could to try the club out first before buying it to make sure that it works for you. That said, it plays pretty true to flex for me.

It's probably going to be tough to get that info ahead of time, so I'll just say this. The stock offering is the C Kua 59, which comes in 4 flexes and 4 intl flex codes. The shaft is made to launch the ball high. I would do all I could to try the club out first before buying it to make sure that it works for you. That said, it plays pretty true to flex for me.

Cool .....thanks for the info!

You can read more about the shaft on Miyazaki's website. I guess I'll add that I already know (in general) what flex codes work best for me due to the THP Outing.

Come on Cleveland, you know you want me to be able to get a C Kua 83 replacement. Some of us hockey shmoes can't swing lighter sticks

Pretty please with a sock club cover on top?

dmb012: Excellent additional info sir.

Come on Cleveland, you know you want me to be able to get a C Kua 83 replacement. Some of us hockey shmoes can't swing lighter sticks

Pretty please with a sock club cover on top?

dmb012: Excellent additional info sir.

Not sure exactly what your asking, but they offer a heavier shaft in the C. Kua 83 shaft.

They have 2 shaft options. A C. kua 59 (57-63g) (flexs A, R, S, X) and a C. Kua 83 (R, S, X) (86-89g)

every golf course screams Mashie! it's killing me that i can't get out with mine right now.

Haha, just the way they talk about some of the holes, it screams Mashie more than any other course I've played.
My only concern would be the high-wind factor against the high-ball flight of the Mashie.

every golf course screams Mashie! it's killing me that i can't get out with mine right now.

Haha, just the way they talk about some of the holes, it screams Mashie more than any other course I've played.
My only concern would be the high-wind factor against the high-ball flight of the Mashie.

i had the same concern but it was put to rest fairly quickly. the mashie does offer a higher ball flight but one that seems to penetrate the wind and windier conditions just fine from my experiences. i mean ultimately don't we want a hybrid that goes far, and high, so that it sticks those greens on those long par 3's or those approaches on longer par 4's/5's?

it certainly shouldn't be a turn off, that's for sure.

Oh it certainly isn't, I'll just have to learn how to control ball flight and shoot to compensate.
The only threat to my affection of the mashie is the Rescue '11.

Oh it certainly isn't, I'll just have to learn how to control ball flight and shoot to compensate.

Dont let it be unless you have experienced TM hybrids in the past and they were just perfect for you. After hitting both for a couple of range sessions side by side, my bag has gone unchanged.

well, the rescue 11 sounds like it's eerily similar to the rescue from 09/10 except that it's white. if that's the case, it can't even begin to compare to the goodness that the Mashie offers.

Dont let it be unless you have experienced TM hybrids in the past and they were just perfect for you. After hitting both for a couple of range sessions side by side, my bag has gone unchanged.

This is good info. I've never actually hit a hybrid other than the ones I used to get when I'd rent clubs.
I see a shoot out in Golftown's swing cage this summer.

This is good info. I've never actually hit a hybrid other than the ones I used to get when I'd rent clubs.
I see a shoot out in Golftown's swing cage this summer.

i have no doubt that the mashie comes out on top. it has too much good stuff going on in it. it's hard to explain just how good it really is. trust me, i've been hearing about it for a long time, i saw it being hit many of times, and i was very curious, but couldn't really understand until i hit it myself.

Not sure exactly what your asking, but they offer a heavier shaft in the C. Kua 83 shaft.

They have 2 shaft options. A C. kua 59 (57-63g) (flexs A, R, S, X) and a C. Kua 83 (R, S, X) (86-89g)

Sorry Bridges, just whining because according to Golf Town Canada, they won't be getting the Kua 83 version until 6 months after the standard release which makes this Tuna sad. And you know what happens when Tuna's are sad people? They cry. And then the ocean rises and places like Flordia turn into Atlantis.

Sorry Bridges, just whining because according to Golf Town Canada, they won't be getting the Kua 83 version until 6 months after the standard release which makes this Tuna sad. And you know what happens when Tuna's are sad people? They cry. And then the ocean rises and places like Flordia turn into Atlantis.

Tell you what Tuna I am going to be getting myself a mashie while down at the THP outing in may. I would be more than happy to pick you one up.

Tell you what Tuna I am going to be getting myself a mashie while down at the THP outing in may. I would be more than happy to pick you one up.

Not sure if I am misreading or not but the outing is not a place to purchase clubs. Now there may be a sports store nearby or at the golf shop at the resort. But not at the outing itself.

I can't wait for this to come out. I just hope I can hold off buying an R9 3w long enough to get the 15.5* mashie.

Not sure if I am misreading or not but the outing is not a place to purchase clubs. Now there may be a sports store nearby or at the golf shop at the resort. But not at the outing itself.

Correct it is not a place to buy clubs but there will be a dicks sporting goods or a golf galaxy or something nearby where I can pick up clubs far cheaper and earlier than we will get them in Canada.

Correct it is not a place to buy clubs but there will be a dicks sporting goods or a golf galaxy or something nearby where I can pick up clubs far cheaper and earlier than we will get them in Canada.

PLENTY of golf stores in Florida haha.

Not sure that you are going to see the 83g unless you have it special ordered. Maybe somebody knows something I don't, but I don't see the 83g as an option that you can choose OTR.

Coolbreeze: Patty is kindly looking into it for me but thank you for the offer mate!

Hawk: Cleveland doesn't want to see Flordia disappear. They'll make it happen heh

Curse all you excellent testers. It's astonishing just how much I'm looking forward to these

PLENTY of golf stores in Florida haha.

Not sure that you are going to see the 83g unless you have it special ordered. Maybe somebody knows something I don't, but I don't see the 83g as an option that you can choose OTR.

I have no idea what the OTR options are but if Tuna wants to special order one from a store near the outing in West Palm beach I would be happy to bring it back with me.

OTR means Off the Rack. Nice gesture of you, CB.

OTR means Off the Rack. Nice gesture of you, CB.

Thanks Hawk, what I meant to say was I do not know what the OTR options are for the mashie.

Hit a medium bucket at the range today. I started Mashie and did all but 6 balls with the Mashie. I started to see the hooks that some have mentioned. I realized what my swing fault was and was able to correct it pretty quick.

I was hitting some fades today which happens from time to time. Overall I was hitting it much better today once I fixed my swing flaw. I almost fell into the trap that the club will fix everything. Once I got back on track the amazing feel, ballflight and launch was back. I did hit some lower shots but I found it really was depending on ball position for me. I was definitely back on track and loving the club. The range I go to has really soft grass and eventually it's almost sand like. Other clubs Ill hit a little fat but the Mashie is as consistant as it is off the fairway. It really has a way of cutting through thicker ground and I love it.

I loved how it just seems to set a good tempo for the rest of the session. I'm looking to play the par 3 course I love and see what I can with the Mashie. The par 4's require accuracy and I'm thinking the Mashie is going to be perfect.

Back