Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Hey Gray, I haven't noticed an exagerration in my pull or hook at all. I fixed why I was hooking the ball today.. For now lol. But it really doesn't overcook anything for me more than normal. I'm sure you're going to love the club when you get a chance to test it out. The lighter shaft shouldn't impact those tendencies at all.

Thanks Yoc and I am hoping we have one or two in the family in the next few weeks :thumb:

I think youre gonna love it my friend. Best part is so many shaft options out there for you. The shaft is amazing but the head is phenominal too. Its such a confidence club.

Thanks Yoc and I am hoping we have one or two in the family in the next few weeks :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guys, the 59g shaft is highly capable. you all know that i typically like heavier, stiffer, but the stiff, 59g miyazaki in the mashie is plenty stout. i think it's a lot of why i am not seeing near the lefterly (yes, i know i made that word up) ball flights that i've seen from previous hybrids. i think this is something that gets over-thought too much.

I'm not even entertaining the thought of going with the 83 gram shaft.

guys, the 59g shaft is highly capable. you all know that i typically like heavier, stiffer, but the stiff, 59g miyazaki in the mashie is plenty stout. i think it's a lot of why i am not seeing near the lefterly (yes, i know i made that word up) ball flights that i've seen from previous hybrids. i think this is something that gets over-thought too much.

Isn't that always the case with golf though? Always over thinking something.

I agree with this statement 100%. This club is a great combo as is and I cant imagine it with a heavier shaft.

Isn't that always the case with golf though? Always over thinking something.

it is for many man, that's for sure. i try to keep things simple myself, it's served me well. the mashie is a prime example for me. i went into this with incredible expectations based on the raving going on here after the outing. while i initially struggled with it, it was b/c i was completely mental with it. it wasn't until i let go and trusted it that i started to reap the rewards of what this club has to offer.

This is a great thought. Lets take a look at one of the THP Demo Day participants Ole Gray last year. He has ALWAYS played heavier clubs and even had his current Cobra driver made heavier I believe. Did not think he could hit a lighter shaft and then at the demo day fell in love with it. So much so that when he won a Miyazaki shaft on THP, he went with their lightest. I have tried it in the 59 and 83 and I preferred the 59 myself in results. It took 3-5 swings to be used to it and then it was just perfect for me.

I think before people order anything, they owe it to themselves to try the 59 out and see if it works.

This is a great thought. Lets take a look at one of the THP Demo Day participants Ole Gray last year. He has ALWAYS played heavier clubs and even had his current Cobra driver made heavier I believe. Did not think he could hit a lighter shaft and then at the demo day fell in love with it. So much so that when he won a Miyazaki shaft on THP, he went with their lightest. I have tried it in the 59 and 83 and I preferred the 59 myself in results. It took 3-5 swings to be used to it and then it was just perfect for me.

I think before people order anything, they owe it to themselves to try the 59 out and see if it works.

I generally like to play heavier clubs myself, and my first thought was that I will order the 83 but after hearing everything said here I will wait until the outing in may to hit them and see for myself which club performs better for me. It is really hard to wait though as I want one of these in my bag now.

perfect reason to 'try before you buy' You never know what your swing may need for a particular club. You may need a heavier driver vs. heavier hybrid or may even need something completely different based on what you're currently using because the technology is always changing and getting better.

I generally like to play heavier clubs myself, and my first thought was that I will order the 83 but after hearing everything said here I will wait until the outing in may to hit them and see for myself which club performs better for me. It is really hard to wait though as I want one of these in my bag now.

i understand your sentiments bro, but i will have the Mashie down there and you can swing away with it. trust me, i like heavier as well, it's always what's worked best for me, especially in the last year or so, but please don't discount how good this pairing is. i swear it's made me a better ball striker at this point.

i understand your sentiments bro, but i will have the Mashie down there and you can swing away with it. trust me, i like heavier as well, it's always what's worked best for me, especially in the last year or so, but please don't discount how good this pairing is. i swear it's made me a better ball striker at this point.

Thanks TC, I am not discounting it at all. I'm really in a search to find the best hybrids for my bag and I'm going to test them all and see who wins, I have nothing against light clubs, and the fact that I have never hit a Miyazaki shaft on anything, I'm going in with no preconseptions other than everyone loves it.

Thanks TC, I am not discounting it at all. I'm really in a search to find the best hybrids for my bag and I'm going to test them all and see who wins, I have nothing against light clubs, and the fact that I have never hit a Miyazaki shaft on anything, I'm going in with no preconseptions other than everyone loves it.

well, that's the best way to go into it. you're going to be blown away when you hit something with the miyazaki. they're just good! hopefully you can hold out, but i would understand if you couldn't. OEM's a bad influence, haha.

what are your thoughts on the looks of the mashie? some folks like the finish/style and some don't.

well, that's the best way to go into it. you're going to be blown away when you hit something with the miyazaki. they're just good! hopefully you can hold out, but i would understand if you couldn't. OEM's a bad influence, haha.

what are your thoughts on the looks of the mashie? some folks like the finish/style and some don't.

Whoa how did this happen? lol I am not going to buy anything till after or at the outing*. If I hit it and must have it then I'll go find it somewhere close lol. And the Mashie has already been thoroughly tested so I have it on order. Its just that good.

*Except putters

Not a comment toward me I know, but you know me TC, gotta speak on that....LOL

I was irked when I read the "Hot-List" comments about it, when I first read about the finish my thoughts were that it was brilliant because its throwback and it will hold up so I can take that sucker and use it in any situation...one of the big selling points for me personally.

Now, back to you regualarly scheduled program haha

Whoa how did this happen? lol I am not going to buy anything till after or at the outing*. If I hit it and must have it then I'll go find it somewhere close lol. And the Mashie has already been thoroughly tested so I have it on order. Its just that good.

*Except putters

I have officially taken a screen shot of this post.

Not a comment toward me I know, but you know me TC, gotta speak on that....LOL

I was irked when I read the "Hot-List" comments about it, when I first read about the finish my thoughts were that it was brilliant because its throwback and it will hold up so I can take that sucker and use it in any situation...one of the big selling points for me personally.

Now, back to you regualarly scheduled program haha

i'm with ya jman. i love the throwback finish, it goes quite well with the throwback name. it is quite brilliant.

I have officially taken a screen shot of this post.

And I stand by it. AND I'll take it a step further. Im not even going to hit anything new at GG or Dicks, wherever. I'll look at them only. The outing will be where I hit all the new clubs for the first time. The Mashie is the only exception because its so good. Take an updated screen shot.

Don't jump on the bandwagon of the heavier shaft if you don't need it. I'm only asking for it because there's a problem in my swing that will never change. I played hockey from when I was two until last year and I simply cannot change my swing tempo whether it's a hockey stick, golf club or a hammer. It's so ingrained that at this point it is what it is. The weight isn't for the stoutness, it's to slow my tempo which on a scale of 1 to 10 is ridiculous (usually rates a 9). If you don't need it, don't use it. Lighter shaft=more speed=distance generally, take the extra distance and run.

I think it's look makes it seem like it can take a beating and still look great. It is not flashy and seems like you can't hurt it. You don't mind taking it through what ever lie you are confronted with and know it will get it out!

I'll admit to being a little skeptical at first glance but after a while the finish grew on me. It looks good. And who cares really with how well the club performs.

Back