the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
was ment to post this 2 weeks ago. on my last round i was struggling to see where my ball was going off the tee with the low sun. how do you boys keep tabs on it with the sun gleeming?

Play a yellow ball of course. :act-up:

lol i dont think id see that literally as i was striking it i couldnt see it do sunglasses work?

Tyrant_T-V671.jpg

I dont know if the is a sure fire way to do it. Make your playing partners watch for you.

Get a playing partner like hawk who can see anything....cause usually about 20 ft after I hit the ball I can't even see where it goes.

i have been going out on my own hence the problem

I hear yah man...I couldn't play alone this past year because of this very fact...it also made it very difficult to play the game period when you have no feedback from your shot cause you can't see a damn thing. Hopefully my new lenses fix this. I didn't have this problem early last year and I was putting up some really low numbers. Then I started dropping shots as my vision went south.

i cant wear sunglasses when i play so when i lose a ball in the sun i just guesstimate what my swing would result and go in the direction i think i hit the ball

i cant wear sunglasses when i play so when i lose a ball in the sun i just guesstimate what my swing would result and go in the direction i think i hit the ball

+1 I do the same thing. Sometimes its fun with a drive when you know you crushed it but never saw it and the whole time walking up the fairway you're excited to see how far you hit it.

im usually excited when i actually can find my ball hahaha

+1 I do the same thing. Sometimes its fun with a drive when you know you crushed it but never saw it and the whole time walking up the fairway you're excited to see how far you hit it.
Yep, only to walk a while and look back and see you passed it 50 yards ago, like I often do. :D

Yep, only to walk a while and look back and see you passed it 50 yards ago, like I often do. :D

That's me. I can usually tell if I hit off the heel, toe or center and go that direction, but always have to come back about 50 yards from where I guess it went, lol. My eye's suck as much as my ego!

Most of the above-yellow ball,playing partner that is not blind,guess ---Of course my playing partners usually say"I didn't see it either"!:dont-know:Of course ,none of their problem seeing my ball is related to the fact they are trying to beat me!:D

I use the force. :D

I use a caddie

Thats what those other 3 guys are for. I read you are playing solo, I have the same problem playing twilight and will club down to a hybrid off the tees sometimes. Much easier to find if it's in the fairway. I was given those blue glasses to help find the ball but still haven't tried them yet.

Last edited:
Thats what those other 3 guys are for. I read you are playing solo, I have the same problem playing twilight and will club down to a hybrid off the tees sometimes. Much easier to find if it's in the fairway. I was given those blue glasses to help find the ball but still haven't tried them yet.

My old man has those blue glasses and they work like a charm. That little white ball just glistens when you put those on. We've used them a ton during the fall, when all the leaves are on the ground.

As far as helping the OP out with his problem, I'm not sure there is any good advice. I think dealing with the sun is something that we all have to deal with at certain times. I like the recomendation of not using a driver, instead using something that's a bit more accurate. That could certainly help.

blue blockers?
No they have blue shaded lenses. The idea is to put em on during the search as the blue tint makes the white ball stand out.

I feel your pain, Boss. I rarely play solo, so I depend on my partners when out on the course. The driving range I frequent is aligned westward, so you're hitting right into the sun all afternoon/evening and it makes it just about impossible to follow your shots. I haven't found anything that really helps.

Back