Cleveland FL Ultralite Fairway Woods

Spent time with this again over the weekend. Hitting the ball pure with this club = no can defend. It's a rocket launcher and has a sweet sound. Looking forward getting it outside to get a feel for the distance it brings to the table. I suspect it is going to be very long.

Spent time with this again over the weekend. Hitting the ball pure with this club = no can defend. It's a rocket launcher and has a sweet sound. Looking forward getting it outside to get a feel for the distance it brings to the table. I suspect it is going to be very long.

Hawk, which * model do you have again?

The 19° 5W with the C Kua 43R.

The 19° 5W with the C Kua 43R.

ok, so assuming that it works out great for you, do you then assess the 16* 3w that you have?

Really, the 3W is just there so I can say I carry 14 clubs. I rarely use it. Depending on the distance I get out of the FL, it could easily be the only wood I carry after my driver. I'm interested in trying a few 3W's out this year, but I don't know if I'll really need one. If I can get this one in the 210-220 range I think I'll be happy.

Nice. When is your review going to be up? Pretty soon?

It will probably not be too soon. I want to put this through the paces to get the best feedback I can for the readers. I believe it will be awhile before it's released.

Really, the 3W is just there so I can say I carry 14 clubs. I rarely use it. Depending on the distance I get out of the FL, it could easily be the only wood I carry after my driver. I'm interested in trying a few 3W's out this year, but I don't know if I'll really need one. If I can get this one in the 210-220 range I think I'll be happy.

Nice! that gives you more Mashie options and more wedge options, and that's always a good thing. Can't wait for your review bro.

It will probably not be too soon. I want to put this through the paces to get the best feedback I can for the readers. I believe it will be awhile before it's released.

And we appreciate that!! Cool beans. I'll be very much looking forward to it!

I hope I'm not missing anything anywhere as I bump this but Hawk, got any updates for a club ho. I'd love to get a new shaft for my pretty-new-to-me Nickent but for that price I can almost nab one of these...oof

How's it been for you Hawk?

(Like I said, I looked around and sorry if more info was somewhere else!)

I hope I'm not missing anything anywhere as I bump this but Hawk, got any updates for a club ho. I'd love to get a new shaft for my pretty-new-to-me Nickent but for that price I can almost nab one of these...oof

How's it been for you Hawk?

(Like I said, I looked around and sorry if more info was somewhere else!)

No problem at all. Latest thoughts on this are basically the same. It's very easy to get the ball airborne and it (the ball) just explodes off the face. Love the sound at impact. It's a bit tinny, but resonating. Feels very solid on wells struck shots. The weight is noticeable, but the shaft is very stable. For me, the biggest challenge has been the length. It plays to the same length as my current 3W.

No problem at all. Latest thoughts on this are basically the same. It's very easy to get the ball airborne and it (the ball) just explodes off the face. Love the sound at impact. It's a bit tinny, but resonating. Feels very solid on wells struck shots. The weight is noticeable, but the shaft is very stable. For me, the biggest challenge has been the length. It plays to the same length as my current 3W.

Yeah thats what I've been sitting here looking at, I'd go after the 17* if I got one and it just seems a but long, and trimming could be a pain to get it back to D5 balance.

Thanks Hawk, I really appreciate it man.

Yeah thats what I've been sitting here looking at, I'd go after the 17* if I got one and it just seems a but long, and trimming could be a pain to get it back to D5 balance.

Thanks Hawk, I really appreciate it man.

I'd give it a shot before you write it off due to length. All I'm saying is that it took me a bit to get used to the length.

I'd give it a shot before you write it off due to length. All I'm saying is that it took me a bit to get used to the length.

Yeah, the shaft is thre driving force for me on looking at these, SO much shaft for such a price, then throw in the clubhead being a dang good one too and its crazy ot to consider.

Yeah, the shaft is thre driving force for me on looking at these, SO much shaft for such a price, then throw in the clubhead being a dang good one too and its crazy ot to consider.

Jman - take it from me, you've GOT to try this club!

Jman - take it from me, you've GOT to try this club!

I really think I do KB. I'll have to go out and about next week and try to track one down to give a ride. Such a good-looking club too.

I don't want to thread-jack your review thread, so I'll keep this brief. I went down to my local Golfsmith to find a suitable hole to throw my hard-earned tax return into and hit the R11 driver (to see what the buzz is all about) and the ultralite 15º 3-wood. I must say, the cleveland 3-wood felt rrreally good. The sound is great when you hit one square, and still pretty good when you don't. Like you said, a little tinny, but I actually like that sound. It gave me pretty good feedback, which I like. If I was able to hit on the monitor, I probably would've bought it yesterday. I'm going to start looking into this club more, and try to fine-tune which model to get (15º or 17º, reg. or stiff shaft).

Well I was at the Golf expo in Denver today (several posts from me today will say that) and I got to hit the Cleveland FL 17 degree and I was really suprised and pleased. As several of you know I am in the search for a three or four wood. While in the past I have not been a fan of Cleveland clubs, between this club and the mashie I am really starting to like what they have out on the market these days. I swung this club a few times just out of curiosity and it has earned a spot in my top 5 search for fairway woods. Others have said it sounded a bit tinny but I did not notice it. That may have been because i was indoors and the noise of the expo going on around me. I started hitting this club more and the rep put impact tape on it for me and once again like the mashie the majority were on the sweet spot and just a few on the toe. when I hit the ball it just felt like the ball was not some range rock, so i can only imagiane what a better ball would feel like off this club. This one is definantly on the radar.

Glad to see some folks are trying this out and enjoying it.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I guess I should provide an update to my above post. I ended up hitting the 15º 3-wood at a Fairway Golf shop on Friday, and was so blown away by the feel and the numbers, that I bought it. I put it in the bag for Saturday's round and WOW is all I can say, and that's an understatement. I've never hit a 3-wood so far, it was awesome. I now have a real weapon off the tee and from the fairway in this 3-wood. Also, now that I've had some more time with this club, the sound isn't so much tinny as it's just a nice crack-ping. I guess inside a hitting bay at the store, the echo can change things a bit.

I guess I should provide an update to my above post. I ended up hitting the 15º 3-wood at a Fairway Golf shop on Friday, and was so blown away by the feel and the numbers, that I bought it. I put it in the bag for Saturday's round and WOW is all I can say, and that's an understatement. I've never hit a 3-wood so far, it was awesome. I now have a real weapon off the tee and from the fairway in this 3-wood. Also, now that I've had some more time with this club, the sound isn't so much tinny as it's just a nice crack-ping. I guess inside a hitting bay at the store, the echo can change things a bit.

Glad you are liking the 3W - is the head low profile or deep faced? Thanks

The face is pretty shallow.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

I hit the Cleveland FL 17 degree at Denver Golf Expo on Friday and the 15 or 17 is on my to buy list. I have to agree with what has been said about the shafts. It will depend on the distances I will get with the M2 mashie.

I hit the Cleveland FL 17 degree at Denver Golf Expo on Friday and the 15 or 17 is on my to buy list. I have to agree with what has been said about the shafts. It will depend on the distances I will get with the M2 mashie.

Good choice! I actually hit the 17° an average of 10 yards farther than the 15° when testing off the deck so I went with the 17°. It's amazing how much easier the increased loft makes it for me to hit.

Back