Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I had read that last year and at first I was upset, but thinking about it, I don't think the show will suffer. There are other captains and other boats. After Phil died I think the show needed to have some new blood. I hope they focus on the Cornelia Marie this season and get some new boats in the mix.

If your a fan of the show, have you read this....
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b202929_deadliest_catch_captains_including_sig.html?sid=aolpop_news

I've watched the show since it first came on 6 years ago. This is sad

Yeah but they actually re-signed now. Sig quit out of principal b/c of the lawsuit Discovery had filed agaisnt the Hillstrands.

Last I'd read Discovery dropped the suit and they've all come to an agreement again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...an_and_andy_hillstrand_back_on_discovery.html

Yeah, but I love the show either way so I'll watch no matter what. One of my wife and I's absolute fav's.

Yeah but they actually re-signed now. Sig quit out of principal b/c of the lawsuit Discovery had filed agaisnt the Hillstrands.

Last I'd read Discovery dropped the suit and they've all come to an agreement again.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...an_and_andy_hillstrand_back_on_discovery.html

Yeah, you beat me to it Jman. The boys will be back this year.

Ugh... another season of Sig and the Hillstrands talking about quitting and finding new captains.

Ben, I gotta disagree with you here, the Northwestern and the Time Bandit ARE Deadliest Catch and without them, they wouldn't have a show. Over it's 6 seasons I can name 7 or 8 boats that have come and gone, so it's not like it's just the same people every year.

Yeah, you beat me to it Jman. The boys will be back this year.

Ben, I gotta disagree with you here, the Northwestern and the Time Bandit ARE Deadliest Catch and without them, they wouldn't have a show. Over it's 6 seasons I can name 7 or 8 boats that have come and gone, so it's not like it's just the same people every year.

I agree. Those guys make the show. I can't believe this is a old story and I had missed it. I got'a get out more.

What about the Wizard and Cornelia Marie? I like the Time Bandit guys, but could live without Sig and the Northwestern pretty easily. The bottom line is that both sets of captains are talking about quitting constantly. There are other boats and captains that are just as interesting. Personally, I'd like to see the North American come back.

What about the Wizard and Cornelia Marie? I like the Time Bandit guys, but could live without Sig and the Northwestern pretty easily. The bottom line is that both sets of captains are talking about quitting constantly. There are other boats and captains that are just as interesting. Personally, I'd like to see the North American come back.

I'm guessing this is part of what makes the show so popular - that we all like different boats/story lines. Sig and crew are my favorites actually while the wife is a Time Bandit fan (maybe she went for the bad boys in a previous life).

I think the fact that these guys are always talking about retirement and passing the family business on is just reality. If they did a show on farming you'd here the same thing. These kind of businesses are impossibly expensive to buy your way into in this day and age. The only way in for the small guy is inheritance and that has to be done carefully or the government ends up owning it. A farm worth $10 million in land, equipment and livestock but netting $80,000 a year can owe $4-5 million in estate taxes if they aren't careful. This means, screw up the transfer and you may have to sell the family business to pay the estate taxes. For this reason I think it's pretty natural that this is a major focus of the lives of these men. But I can understand getting tired of hearing about it...

i love all those shows... deadliest catch/lobstermen/etc

I liked the North American as well. Just hard working guys making a comeback. Wild Bill was pretty entertaining as well.

they can lose the Wizard, that Cpt Keith is a pr*ck!!!

The show "Swords - Life on the Line" is also pretty entertaining --- Deadliest Catch is still #1 though

Hmmmm, after hearing all the ranting and raving about this show I decided to check it out and I have to say I just don't get what people find so entertaining about it. :confused2:

its extreme fishing... extreme... fishing

hahhahha... i have no idea when i actually think about it but i like it

I don't know why, but I love this show and it's back tonight!

I don't know why, but I love this show and it's back tonight!

Yeah I like this show as well. Interested to see what the Cornelia is up to.

I hope they go HAM on those bering straight crabs tonight

Yeah I like this show as well. Interested to see what the Cornelia is up to.

Pretty sure not at sea this season from the looks of the previews.

That said, Frank, I'm pumped too man, wife and I are camped out and ready, we love this freaking show.

Pretty sure not at sea this season from the looks of the previews.

That said, Frank, I'm pumped too man, wife and I are camped out and ready, we love this freaking show.

I'm pretty sure that I have seen them all, I get so caught up. Glad I'm in good company on this one.

Back