Finger Foul, Please Help!

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
Some time ago I came up lame with the little finger on my left hand and the finger next to it. I really didn't think it was a big deal because I could bend them, but after about two weeks the pain is still about the same or worst and still a bit swelled.

I don't think it's broke, I can bend it, but it's the lower section between those two fingers up to the knuckles and burns like a some-bum, lol.

Anyone ever have something like that?

Did you do anything to it, Duey?

Did you do anything to it, Duey?

I got stupid drunk after a pool tournament, lol. At least he was bigger than me.

I have arthritis in the small finger on my left hand (I'm a righty) and it hurts like the dickens on the first 2 to 6 shots of the day, I take ibuporphen before I play and it is bearable. Similar but not the same as yours.

To the doctor dude. Next time swing a chain.

I have arthritis in the small finger on my left hand (I'm a righty) and it hurts like the dickens on the first 2 to 6 shots of the day, I take ibuporphen before I play and it is bearable. Similar but not the same as yours.

Does it by chance swell and burn deep. That was actually my first thought, but it's lasting longer than other issues.

To the doctor dude. Next time swing a chain.

It was dumb as hell from what I hear, lol.

edit: I'm not going to the doc for this unless it gets worst yet. Guessing it's some kind of tear.

Last edited:
I'm not a doctor, but a tear would show more bruising after a few days than swelling. It may be broken, but just a hairline fracture or something like that. Best to get checked out since it's not improving

I'm not a doctor, but a tear would show more bruising after a few days than swelling. It may be broken, but just a hairline fracture or something like that. Best to get checked out since it's not improving

Thanks for the input. Would they just tape the fingers together anyway? I hate going to a doctor, they just want my money, lol.

We get to go to the doctor for free ( high taxes being free I guess), but if it is fracture and not broken, they would probably put it in those metal splints, don't knowif they would tape both together though!

We get to go to the doctor for free ( high taxes being free I guess), but if it is fracture and not broken, they would probably put it in those metal splints, don't knowif they would tape both together though!

Thanks man, we'll give it a day or two more.

soak it in epson salts then rub it down with pine oil or Astyptodine. You have a few days before you need to see a sawbones.

Does it by chance swell and burn deep. That was actually my first thought, but it's lasting longer than other issues.

No swelling, but I cannot close the little finger all the way. I am probably older than you (I'm older than Ole Gray, which makes me offically older than dirt :D) and have had "arthur" for a while. I have begun taking Glucosamine recently and am beginning to notice some benefit from that.

No swelling, but I cannot close the little finger all the way. I am probably older than you (I'm older than Ole Gray, which makes me offically older than dirt :D) and have had "arthur" for a while. I have begun taking Glucosamine recently and am beginning to notice some benefit from that.

Well, your a little older than me, but I see some arther from my welding days. For the hands its mostly knuckles and fingers on the right hand, but comes and goes. I'll keep the glucosamine in mind, thanks.

Get thee to a doctor! I've broken fingers your way (I learned to USE the pool cue!) and from football. The doctor will determine if the fingers are broken or just sprained. If broken, it's best to set them right away. If sprained, the doc should give meds to help heal. Like some type of steroid to promote healing. Either way, it's best to take care of it right away. BTW, I can still play piano!!!

I fractured my pinky finger at the growth plate (on the outside of the hand where the pinky meets the palm) by having it jammed in a basketball game. It sounds similar to what you are experiencing as I could still bend my finger but it hurt like hell.

They taped my last 2 fingers together and put a soft cast down the outside of my hand up to the wrist. It was only for 2 weeks if i remember (it was over 8 years ago) and after that it was just stiff for a few weeks. I would just go to the doc or walk in clinic to start the healing process sooner rather than later.

Get thee to a doctor! I've broken fingers your way (I learned to USE the pool cue!) and from football. The doctor will determine if the fingers are broken or just sprained. If broken, it's best to set them right away. If sprained, the doc should give meds to help heal. Like some type of steroid to promote healing. Either way, it's best to take care of it right away. BTW, I can still play piano!!!

Haha, I never could play the piano, or defend myself without getting hurt, lmao.

I fractured my pinky finger at the growth plate (on the outside of the hand where the pinky meets the palm) by having it jammed in a basketball game. It sounds similar to what you are experiencing as I could still bend my finger but it hurt like hell.

They taped my last 2 fingers together and put a soft cast down the outside of my hand up to the wrist. It was only for 2 weeks if i remember (it was over 8 years ago) and after that it was just stiff for a few weeks. I would just go to the doc or walk in clinic to start the healing process sooner rather than later.

For some reason that sounds kind of possible. The "burn" feels like its coming out of the side of my hand at the crease of my little finger up into those finger and part of the palm. I go back for my regular visit in a week, I'll have him take a look at it, thanks guys.

Well, I finally got to the doc and this guy really worked me over, lol. The side of my hand was broke up into the finger and I didn't want them to cast it, how would I play pool? Ultimately, they just need me to keep the fingers straight anyway, so he taped it all up. But, I took advantage of the trip and had a bunch of other stuff worked on, lol. Funny how it's kind of like working on your car when you get older, lmao. They burnt a spot off my back, checked the blood and raised meds to thin things a bit, checked for new clots, gave me a hearing test that I failed badly and gave me a flu shot.

Hell, I'm ready for a vacation.

Well, I finally got to the doc and this guy really worked me over, lol. The side of my hand was broke up into the finger and I didn't want them to cast it, how would I play pool? Ultimately, they just need me to keep the fingers straight anyway, so he taped it all up. But, I took advantage of the trip and had a bunch of other stuff worked on, lol. Funny how it's kind of like working on your car when you get older, lmao. They burnt a spot off my back, checked the blood and raised meds to thin things a bit, checked for new clots, gave me a hearing test that I failed badly and gave me a flu shot.

Well at least you figured out what was wrong , good on ya , I usually wait till I am on my death bed before I see Dr. Bendover !
At least they didn't want to amputate from the neck down ........LOL

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Well at least you figured out what was wrong , good on ya , I usually wait till I am on my death bed before I see Dr. Bendover !
At least they didn't want to amputate from the neck down ........LOL

Lol, he pretty much did everything but change my oil.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I hope you asked for the high mileage oil change, Duey. :D

I fell down the stairs and landed on my hand and my finger hurt like crap when I bent it for about 3 or 4 weeks but then it eventually started feeling better. This was probably early December and when I bend my finger I can still feel it slightly. Doesnt really hurt but it feels different if you know what I mean. Never got it checked out.

I fell down the stairs and landed on my hand and my finger hurt like crap when I bent it for about 3 or 4 weeks but then it eventually started feeling better. This was probably early December and when I bend my finger I can still feel it slightly. Doesnt really hurt but it feels different if you know what I mean. Never got it checked out.

I bet you cracked that sucker like I did. I worried about it because at my age these little things have a way of biting back later, lol. But, the tapes already off so we"ll just get by, haha.

Hope yours heals up good and no pain in the cold weather.

I bet you cracked that sucker like I did. I worried about it because at my age these little things have a way of biting back later, lol. But, the tapes already off so we"ll just get by, haha.

Hope yours heals up good and no pain in the cold weather.

Great to hear you know what it is and you are taking good care of it :D Hurting yourself sucks.

Back