TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

I was able to spend a little bit of time with this driver yesterday, and have to say that I wasn't impressed at all. And that's probably partly because it just didn't fit my swing. I was really worried about the sound being too loud, but to be honest, it wasn't as loud as other drivers, so that was quite a relief. I liked the white, it set up nicely. I think TM took a chance here, and this should pay off for them. I see other manufactures following suite. The shaft was way to wippy, IMO. I had a hard time locating the club during my swing. I felt like I was all over the place. For the masses, it'll sell. But there are better sticks out there in this category. (G15, F11 come to mind.)

I wanted to get some better hardcore stats so I went into my local golf shop today and hit the Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver, same exact one I'm reviewing and was completely blown away with my stats. I've never seen stats like this before and couldn't wait to come share this info.

I hit 40 shots with the driver and here are my averages:
Ball Speed 143 MPH
Carry Distance 259
Total Distance 274
Launch Angle 13.5 degrees
Side Spin 1100 RPM
Back Spin 3100 RPM

That ball speed is about 8 MPH more than what I have ever seen with any previous driver. Unfortunately swing speed wasn't available but otherwise those are the stats that I would absolutely kill for and could not be happier. Dispersion was very tight as well, slight draws on the simulator and nothing that wouldn't have been playable. I cannot wait to hit this thing some more!

Jake dropping the BOOM! on his local simulator...those are great numbers my friend. Sounds like you found your driver?

I wanted to get some better hardcore stats so I went into my local golf shop today and hit the Burner SuperFast 2.0 driver, same exact one I'm reviewing and was completely blown away with my stats. I've never seen stats like this before and couldn't wait to come share this info.

Ball Speed 143 MPH
Carry Distance 259
Total Distance 274
Side Spin 1100 RPM
Back Spin 3100 RPM

That ball speed is about 8 MPH more than what I have ever seen with any previous driver. Unfortunately swing speed wasn't available but otherwise those are the stats that I would absolutely kill for and could not be happier. Dispersion was very tight as well, slight draws on the simulator and nothing that wouldn't have been playable. I cannot wait to hit this thing some more!

Yeah those are awesome stats man. Does the length of the shaft bother you at all?

Not even a little bit....I have always gripped my driver clear at the very end but with this I can choke down an inch or two and it feels great actually.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jake dropping the BOOM! on his local simulator...those are great numbers my friend. Sounds like you found your driver?
I've never seen stats like that. I really need more outdoor driving range and/or rounds in to be 100% sure but I like where things sit right now.

Ball Speed 143 MPH
Carry Distance 259
Total Distance 274
Side Spin 1100 RPM
Back Spin 3100 RPM

Nice buddy!!! I am glad this driver is working for you. Didnt you say that the sound off the face is a little loud?

Not even a little bit....I have always gripped my driver clear at the very end but with this I can choke down an inch or two and it feels great actually.

AK does it, or at least he used to

Nice buddy!!! I am glad this driver is working for you. Didnt you say that the sound off the face is a little loud?
Sure is....not an awful sounding loud like some drivers though...I actually like the sound.

Based on everyone's good praise I am really excited to test out this driver when I get my swing back. Think I'll have to get the TP if I do though because I hit a draw. Does anyone have any experiences with one shaft over the other? I am just dumbfounded on what kind of shaft I should get.

they have these and the r11 in at the range i was so close to tryingand buying if i hadnt of had my 2 yr old with me i probally would have.

Ball Speed 143 MPH
Carry Distance 259
Total Distance 274
Side Spin 1100 RPM
Back Spin 3100 RPM

That's awesome P4B!!! Never thought the Bridgestone would be in danger considering how well you hit that thing

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

Hey, first post here.

I've only played golf for two years and am looking for a new driver. I'm 50 something, 5'9" and not very strong. I play once per week cuz I can! (Florida)

I've been playing an Adams Speedline 10.5. It's pretty banged up but has played well for me. I tend to hit everything either straight or with a slight fade. My drives are very dependable for me but they just don't go very far. I top out at 200 to 205 yards. My swing speed is 80 to 86. I have trouble with an early release so my drives tend to balloon and not roll much.

I hit the SF 2 last night at the store and was shocked to see my swing speed increase to high 80s. I even hit one at 90, a first for me. The machine said my total yards were 210 to 217 so I'm getting 10 more yards in the hitting bay. I didn't think I would like the white head but it kind of grew on me. I was also concerned about the shaft length, being a beginner, and thinking control might be an issue but it didn't seem to change my dispersion. I then looked up my Speedline specs and realized it's 46" anyway so what's another half inch? If I concentrate on rolling my wrists more I could produce a slight draw. I'm starting to think buying this technology might be right for me. I want to wait for the Cleveland with the light weight shaft to come out ?next week? and compare the two. BTW I should mention the fitting guy switched me to the 9.5 loft and that may have helped decrease the ballooning and increase roll.

I wish I knew more about shaft specs and what would help a beginner like me.

Has anyone tested the Superfast 2.0 right beside the Superfast 2.0 TP? I went into GG the other day expecting to walk out with the TP but was killing the non-TP. Granted, this was in a simulator and not on the course but it was pretty obvious THEN. Fast forward a couple of days and I get it onto the range....the thing sure is long and straight but I couldnt stop thinking about the TP.....if I could hit that club as well as the non-TP and had a little less spin it would be money. Tempted to buy a TP so I can test both in the real world. Anyone done this?

I have hit them both side by side. I prefer the regular one for my swing.

With all this superfast 2.0 love, I find myself in a bind. Demo the 2.0 and potentially trade in the supertri or get fitted for a $250 Miyazaki shaft for the supertri. Decisions decisions...

With all this superfast 2.0 love, I find myself in a bind. Demo the 2.0 and potentially trade in the supertri or get fitted for a $250 Miyazaki shaft for the supertri. Decisions decisions...

Cough, Get fitted for a shaft, cough cough. Sorry had something in my throat. :alien:

Cough, Get fitted for a shaft, cough cough. Sorry had something in my throat. :alien:

Haha, I'd be getting fit for the Superfast as well. I hit on a launch monitor and I don't hit the ball nearly as fall as the simulator told me. Average drive is 230 and SS right around 89. So I'm envious of all thee ball speed/distance gains

Haha, I'd be getting fit for the Superfast as well. I hit on a launch monitor and I don't hit the ball nearly as fall as the simulator told me. Average drive is 230 and SS right around 89. So I'm envious of all thee ball speed/distance gains

Tell them to reset the launch monitor to "normal". I have heard there is a setting in which some golf stores change the increases were it shows 15-25% more than your actual distance, so that you will buy the club. You can go in and change it to were its normal or 100% instead of something like 115-125%. It may or may not be true, I think someone on here said that but not positive on it.

Sorry for the off topic.

I want to try this driver out, badly. Looks really good!

Last edited:
Tell them to reset the simulator to "normal". I have heard there is a setting in which some golf stores change the inscreases were it shows 15-25% more than your actual distance, so that you will buy the club. You can go in and change it to were its normal or 100% instead of something like 115-125%. It may or may not be true, I think someone on here said that but not positive on it.

Sorry for the off topic.

I want to try this driver out, badly. Looks really good!

Me as well, would you go TP or reg bridges?

Me as well, would you go TP or reg bridges?

Probably regular. While I do tend to draw the ball, I feel alot more comfortable with the regular. I tried the original SF TP and it just didnt feel right to me.

Back