The Movie Review Thread

Hurt Locker was a masterpiece.

Just watched Donnie Darko again last night, I forgot how awesome this movie is.

More importantly, Kate Beckinsale. She's super good.

Kevin

7ea85a3145c6c90a061d6846ab7ce176_kate_beckinsale-5497.jpg

Mmm hello Kate.

watching the day the earth stood still with keanu
its a great movie except 2 things are really bugging me
1.i absolutely hate the kid in the movie
2.the best line in the old movie isnt in this one

watching the day the earth stood still with keanu
its a great movie except 2 things are really bugging me
1.i absolutely hate the kid in the movie
2.the best line in the old movie isnt in this one

Went to see The King's Speech last night - I expected it to be good, but it exceeded that mark by a long shot - highly recommended. I have to think this one may dominate the Academy Awards.

Went to see the True Grit remake and I liked it better than the original. I recommend it to any and all westerns fans.

Went to see The King's Speech last night - I expected it to be good, but it exceeded that mark by a long shot - highly recommended. I have to think this one may dominate the Academy Awards.

I concur. An absolutely brilliant movie. Geoffrey Rush was fantastic.

Just watched The Other Guys today, must see if you like Will Ferrell!

Esox, if you haven't seen Restrepo yet you need to stream it from Netflix, very intense documentary filmed in the Korengal Valley, Afghanistan

The wife and I just watched The Other Guys as well, it was very funny. Some weird scripted parts, but some very good one liners. Mark Wahlberg was funnier than I thought he would be.

Exit Through The Gift Shop was a recent highlight.
Banksy rocks.

Just watched the Social Network this past weekend. If youre a Facebook fan you should watch this movie. Very interesting story and I had no idea the guy that did Napster was involved. Although Im sure there are some facetious parts it was still very interesting to see how it all started.

Just watched the Social Network this past weekend. If youre a Facebook fan you should watch this movie. Very interesting story and I had no idea the guy that did Napster was involved. Although Im sure there are some facetious parts it was still very interesting to see how it all started.
I enjoyed it as well, thought it was well done.

Saw "Red" and thought it was awful. Although Helen Mirin did a good job playing a role I never would have guessed her for. Malkovich was a genius as usual.

Saw "Book of Eli", highly recommend, thought it was well done and never would have guessed the ending.

On my radar is "127 Hours". Has anyone seen it?

Saw "Red" and thought it was awful. Although Helen Mirin did a good job playing a role I never would have guessed her for. Malkovich was a genius as usual.

Saw "Book of Eli", highly recommend, thought it was well done and never would have guessed the ending.

"127 Hours" is an excellent film. I've always been a fan of Danny Boyle's work and I think this is his finest film.

"127 Hours" is an excellent film. I've always been a fan of Danny Boyle's work and I think this is his finest film.
That's what I've heard. It's difficult to capture this subject in a film that keeps you watching. How interesting is rock climbing? I was riveted just watching the preview.

That's what I've heard. It's difficult to capture this subject in a film that keeps you watching. How interesting is rock climbing? I was riveted just watching the preview.

[BEGIN RANT] I refuse to see a film that celebrates the stupidity of humankind. This guy did everything you're not suppose to do, and what do we do? Put him on Oprah and every other talk show and celebrate him as a hero because he had to cut his hand off, and yet everyone glosses over the fact that if he would have followed basic procedure (not climbing alone, letting at least one other person know where he was going to be climbing, letting someone know when to expect him to be back) he never would have had to cut it off. Instead of making him into a hero, we should be forcing a vasectomy on him so he doesn't breed more stupid people [END RANT]

Weve got Red on our radar. Thats dissapointing to hear. Agreed the Book of Eli was much better then I expected.

[BEGIN RANT] I refuse to see a film that celebrates the stupidity of humankind. This guy did everything you're not suppose to do, and what do we do? Put him on Oprah and every other talk show and celebrate him as a hero because he had to cut his hand off, and yet everyone glosses over the fact that if he would have followed basic procedure (not climbing alone, letting at least one other person know where he was going to be climbing, letting someone know when to expect him to be back) he never would have had to cut it off. Instead of making him into a hero, we should be forcing a vasectomy on him so he doesn't breed more stupid people [END RANT]
IO was reading he was maligned in the climbing community for that very reason. He was known to be reckless and almost cost him his life and now he's famous for his stupidity.

Weve got Red on our radar. Thats dissapointing to hear. Agreed the Book of Eli was much better then I expected.

I don't know, I found Red enjoyable for what it was, an action movie showing that Older doesn't mean you're dead. Mirin was very enjoyable in her role and Malcovich was just as quirky as ever. If you're expecting the Kings Speech, this obviously isn't it, but if you think you might enjoy a different spin on an action adventure movie give it a try.

You're criticism of the man and the situation he put himself in are spot on, but that doesn't change the fact that the film is great. Danny Boyle is an amazing director and his editing and use of music make the story zip right along.

I'm remind of the fantastic documentary by Werner Herzog, "Grizzly Man". While the subject of the film consistently pushed the boundaries of sanity it never glorifies Treadwell or the decisions he made when it came to the bears. "127 Hours" is the same way, at no time does the movie stand Ralston up on a pedestal as a hero. If anything its very much a 'what not to do'. It makes a point to show that at no time did he make the right decision leading up to the incident.

While I can't comment on his Oprah appearance or any other media tours he may have done as I wasn't very familiar with the man or the ordeal he put himself though, I felt the film was excellent and worth a viewing.

You're criticism of the man and the situation he put himself in are spot on, but that doesn't change the fact that the film is great. Danny Boyle is an amazing director and his editing and use of music make the story zip right along.

I'm remind of the fantastic documentary by Werner Herzog, "Grizzly Man". While the subject of the film consistently pushed the boundaries of sanity it never glorifies Treadwell or the decisions he made when it came to the bears. "127 Hours" is the same way, at no time does the movie stand Ralston up on a pedestal as a hero. If anything its very much a 'what not to do'. It makes a point to show that at no time did he make the right decision leading up to the incident.

While I can't comment on his Oprah appearance or any other media tours he may have done as I wasn't very familiar with the man or the ordeal he put himself though, I felt the film was excellent and worth a viewing.

I'm glad to see hear that the film doesn't glorify him, but if he makes and financial gain from it, then I still wouldn't see it. At least in Grizzly Man the dumba** got his head snatched off his shoulders for being an idiot.

Saw "THE RITE" this weekend and have to say that I personally really enjoyed it. Creepy as all hell and very enjoyable.

Just saw:

The Number 23 - Which is just a complete mind **** and is so intense it had me just creeped out. When I was watching the movie first thing I looked at was the Dr.Pepper i was drinking and it said "23 Flavours" and then I made a fb status about the movie and my status had 23 letters in it.

Better, Faster, Stronger - documentary about sterioids. Very eye opening and delivers a whole perspective on image and how people even take drugs for things you would never knew they even needed drugs for. EX: College students are taking Aderol to keep them more motivated and determined. It bumps up their test scores as well.

Better, Faster, Stronger - documentary about sterioids. Very eye opening and delivers a whole perspective on image and how people even take drugs for things you would never knew they even needed drugs for. EX: College students are taking Aderol to keep them more motivated and determined. It bumps up their test scores as well.
That documentary was crazy. Nice obscure doc reference.

"This Is It"- I've held off watching this for morbid reasons and I just never agreed with the man's lifestyle, but realized how talented he was. My wife finally got me to break down and his personal issues aside, it shows a side of concert prep that I was unaware of. He was a consummate perfectionist and and superb entertainer. If you are even remotely a fan, watch it.

"The Experiment"- Great thriller with Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker. We grabbed this on a whim and came away enjoying it. It definitely screws with you though.

"Before the Devil Knows Your Dead"- Just a screwed up crime drama that's ended up being one of favorite movies. It's completely twisted. Movie starts out with Marisa Tomei in bed, not a bad start. Ethan Hawke and Philip Seymour-Hoffman are fantastic as is Albert Finney. I recommend this to everyone, but I have yet to find someone that likes it as much as me.

That documentary was crazy. Nice obscure doc reference.

"This Is It"- I've held off watching this for morbid reasons and I just never agreed with the man's lifestyle, but realized how talented he was. My wife finally got me to break down and his personal issues aside, it shows a side of concert prep that I was unaware of. He was a consummate perfectionist and and superb entertainer. If you are even remotely a fan, watch it.

"The Experiment"- Great thriller with Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker. We grabbed this on a whim and came away enjoying it. It definitely screws with you though.

"Before the Devil Knows Your Dead"- Just a screwed up crime drama that's ended up being one of favorite movies. It's completely twisted. Movie starts out with Marisa Tomei in bed, not a bad start. Ethan Hawke and Philip Seymour-Hoffman are fantastic as is Albert Finney. I recommend this to everyone, but I have yet to find someone that likes it as much as me.

Ive had my eyes on both of those last two. Might actually go for the Experiment now. And for the second one you had me at Marisa Tomei. haha

Back