The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Man I love it here, no matter where I travel in the world I always end up back on my beautiful island. I love your city but I don't think I could live there, too many vices for a guy who loves vices.

I came here cuz the job made me come here. I'm the first to say never never never never move here unless you got inoperable cancer and you have terrible grandchildren you don't want to leave them any money.

I got a text from a friend yesterday morning at 7:30 who lives in Florida stating " On the first tee - large iced coffee in my hand - in shorts. Enjoy your day. " as I looked out the window at the 3 feet of snow ........

I hear your pain! I'm pretty sure if lived down south I would rub it in as well........

I hear your pain! I'm pretty sure if lived down south I would rub it in as well........

Yup - couldn't really blame him. I did wish him into the water hazards several times though.

When we were driving back I forgot to put gas in the car and we almost ran out lol. The car said that my range was "0" haha. Jrod was about to kill me since we were on the interstate. We made it without walking and I felt like a champ!

Picture for proof!

4be0a2f0-7cb6-0d93.jpg

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

When my gauge gets to E I always turn on the "Miles to empty" thing too but Ive never go to 0 before lol

When my gauge gets to E I always turn on the "Miles to empty" thing too but Ive never go to 0 before lol
That's cuttin' it pretty close. BTW thanks for your response to my lag thread. I just saw it and responded to it. You were spot on about the impulse to "help". Oy vey...

I really hate everything about the NBA these days. Its such a circus and a big joke. So I just happen to remember the slam dunk contest was on so I turn it on. And only because I wanted to see Poster Child Blake Griffin dunk. And what do I find? A whole bunch of talking, a car rolled out onto the court, a dumb choir comes out next and starts to sing and while theyre showing all this other crap Griffin jumps over the car for the dunk. OH but with all the other crap going on they almost miss it!!! CLASSIC!! We see the tail end of the dunk. Way to miss it TNT!

I really hate everything about the NBA these days. Its such a circus and a big joke. So I just happen to remember the slam dunk contest was on so I turn it on. And only because I wanted to see Poster Child Blake Griffin dunk. And what do I find? A whole bunch of talking, a car rolled out onto the court, a dumb choir comes out next and starts to sing and while theyre showing all this other crap Griffin jumps over the car for the dunk. OH but with all the other crap going on they almost miss it!!! CLASSIC!! We see the tail end of the dunk. Way to miss it TNT!

haha dont hate! I actually thought the dunk kind of stunk considering all the props he had involved. The very first dunk Blake had was the best one, but he missed it the first time so it wasnt as great but still ridiculous.

That brings back some memories...a life time ago I could dunk a basketball. I don't think I could touch the rim now. :)

haha dont hate! I actually thought the dunk kind of stunk considering all the props he had involved. The very first dunk Blake had was the best one, but he missed it the first time so it wasnt as great but still ridiculous.

See I forgot this garbage was on and I turn it on and see all this going on. wtf. Give me Jordan doing the Statue of Liberty any day. Its just weak bro. The NBA is weak right now so its to be expected. You know it too.

See I forgot this garbage was on and I turn it on and see all this going on. wtf. Give me Jordan doing the Statue of Liberty any day. Its just weak bro. The NBA is weak right now so its to be expected. You know it too.

You actually missed a very good dunk contest. The first round was legit. Im not a NBA fan but it was actually the best slam dunk contest in a while. Ya, there was a few crappy dunks but there was some good ones to. The blake one that you saw and one more were the only "over the top" ones. Some guy, legit took off from just behind the free throw line, no one has done that before. I mean it was actually toe behinde free throw line take off, un like MJs and DR. J's just inside the line. Watch the highlights on espn if you can, some were pretty good. But I agree NBA is down.

Came home from Tulsa to about 950 new posts. And that's a slow day. Love it.

The sickest dunk of the night was the one from the free throw line. Or Griffins elbow hang was pretty dope too. All in all Blake did deserve the title.

After 4 days in a row of hitting my Diablo Edge Tour driver I am in love! This driver is a beast, my numbers with it are perfect right now and during and after my lesson yesterday I was hitting beautiful ball after beautiful ball. I can't wait till the outing to demo all the new drivers and find a perfect shaft but the head/shaft combo in this driver is perfect for me right now.

After 4 days in a row of hitting my Diablo Edge Tour driver I am in love! This driver is a beast, my numbers with it are perfect right now and during and after my lesson yesterday I was hitting beautiful ball after beautiful ball. I can't wait till the outing to demo all the new drivers and find a perfect shaft but the head/shaft combo in this driver is perfect for me right now.

Good on ya CB. Glad you finally got the big stick straightened out.

From the iPhone.

Good on ya CB. Glad you finally got the big stick straightened out.

From the iPhone.

Thanks man, the driver has been my achieles heel for about a year now and my scores are going to go way way down if I can keep going on this track. I knew I could never achieve my goal of being single digit HC this year if I didn't get the big stick figured out. The lessons combined with the properly fit driver has me full of confidence that I can pull this driver on almost any hole. We will see how it goes after my round today, I'm not expecting miracles after only one lesson but to have the knowledge of what I have been doing wrong will allow me to fix it.

Oh I am sure you wil be just fine. No need to put pressure on yourself. If we don't win we just blame TC!! :D

I'm not putting any pressure on it, I just want to be single digits this year and the driver is whats really holding me back from that.

I'm not putting any pressure on it, I just want to be single digits this year and the driver is whats really holding me back from that.

I can relate, I want to get in the mid teens with my handicap but my golf game is holding me back from that!!! :D

I can relate, I want to get in the mid teens with my handicap but my golf game is holding me back from that!!!

Been there, I find I can be very stubborn and think I can work everything out on my own by reading golf books and watching shows, but there is no substitute for taking lessons from a good pga professional.

Been there, I find I can be very stubborn and think I can work everything out on my own by reading golf books and watching shows, but there is no substitute for taking lessons from a good pga professional.

I have yet to find a good pga professional out here, I am relying on working my issues out on the course. Most of my problems are mental so if I get hit in the head enough times by golf balls on the course I figure it will rattle the cobwebs up in my head enough so I can be a better golfer. :D

Heading to the indoor range for some club testing...full menu today

Cobra S3 driver
Cleveland Mashie M4
Taylormade R11 Rescue (4h dialed down to a strong 3)
Taylormade CG Forged irons
Ping K15 driver with Miyazaki shaft
Ping Tour S wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back