What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in Santee, SC on the way back to VA to play Santee National. Wind was blowing 25+mph and shot an 80. New ProV1x was performing very well in the wind. Made it through an entire round with 1 ball. No major scuffs at all. Ball striking was good today, but putting was terrible. 4 3 putts, for 34 total. Greens were very quick. Made nothing outside of 6 feet. Was more impressed with the ball striking.

Stopped in Santee, SC on the way back to VA to play Santee National. Wind was blowing 25+mph and shot an 80. New ProV1x was performing very well in the wind. Made it through an entire round with 1 ball. No major scuffs at all. Ball striking was good today, but putting was terrible. 4 3 putts, for 34 total. Greens were very quick. Made nothing outside of 6 feet. Was more impressed with the ball striking.

I only made it to the second hole with a new ProV1x. One PW and it had three cuts from the grooves. Only downside of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 95 today with high wind and concrete greens. The greens were so hard they were really unplayable so the score doesn't bother me so much. Nothing sucks more than to hit an approach dead on the screws and have it hit 6 foot before the pin and bounce off the green! Oh well, I hit the ball well despite the score.

Nice 9 holes pete!

Thanks!

Shot +1 today, 73. Playing very solid tee to green, missed 2 or 3 greens all day. 3 bogeys, 2 birdies. Sticking quite a few approaches close but the greens are driving me nuts. Almost all are virtually flat = difficult to find any break to "hang the line" on. Hitting them well, the roll is good but the lines are nigh impossible to find.

Positives thus far: new swing is working very well. Solid off the tee, very good with approaches and mid to short irons.
Negatives: putting, obviously. Since I'm hitting so many greens I have to spend time after the round to practice my short game.

Played twice this weekend. Shot a 93 on Saturday with 20mph+ winds and recorded the first birdie of the year on 18. Had a great approach shot from 110 out with my 52* wedge that stuck about 2 feet from the pin.

Played again on Monday with the wind blowing again. Started out with 2 pars and 1 putt on each green then all downhill from there. From the 3rd hole on, no matter how close to the hole I was, I 3 putt. 4-5 holes were 4 putt. Stopped keeping score on #12. to that point I had shot 50 on the front 9 then 3 triples to open the back 9. And it just kept getting worse....I think on #14 I would have actually recorded double figures on a par 4. :angry:

I shot an 85 today and one of the local country club tracks. The greens were like a table top. Very fast and the ball would not hold. Not conducive to my game.

Quick 9 holes in the afternoon...9 straight pars. 4 brutal lip-outs. Putting really well and getting closer and closer with the reads but still not there!

Quick 9 holes in the afternoon...9 straight pars. 4 brutal lip-outs. Putting really well and getting closer and closer with the reads but still not there!

Nice 9 Pete. I shot an 83 today on a par 71. 42 front 41 back 2 birds but 4 doubles killed the round. I had one 30 birdie putt go in but had 3 10-12 foot birdie putts lip out. Had 12 GIR today which is pretty good for me, but need to stop the 3 putts every once in while.

played a quick 9 afterwork and ended up with 41 (+5) which is good for me considering iv only been playing for 3months.

Last edited:
73, again. A double, three birds and two bogeys. Short game is awful and not holing much. Spent a good 4-5 hours on the green and pitching/chipping area afterwards. Hoping for more consistency tomorrow!

43/42/41
at least it got better as the day went on
weather was schitzo today... when the breeze wasnt blowing i had to take my jacket off
round was pretty much birdie free
i was swinging like a $2 hooker which was not good on a few holes
thank goodness i had some decent recovery shots
putting was not good... left alot of birdies out there

45/39 for an 84. My muscle in my back is still giving me fits. I plan to take a full week off until I try to play again. The 45 was especially disappointing as I putted a reasonable putt for par on each hole and made exactly zero. Just OK ball striking and OK putting, not bad but certainly not good.

45/39 for an 84. My muscle in my back is still giving me fits. I plan to take a full week off until I try to play again. The 45 was especially disappointing as I putted a reasonable putt for par on each hole and made exactly zero. Just OK ball striking and OK putting, not bad but certainly not good.

Sounds like you were playing pretty good there especially considering your back problems. I'm always excited if I shoot in the 30's on 9 regardless of the other side. :) I went to the range today and practiced pitch shots. I'm in the same boat as you with my back. Putting it all up for a week sounds like a very smart idea! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Congrats on the 39 Randy :thumb: Take it easy buddy and get that back healed up. I know how the putter can be a pain in the side. I hit the ball really well from tee to green today and my short game just killed my score. Shot an 88 from the regular tees. I will not go back to the senior tees this year unless there is a scramble. I really have to thank my good friend who coaches Central High Golf Team in Macon. He really has my long game / iron play back in sync. I will be hitting a ton of practice shots around the practice green with the chipping & putting now.

86 Bad day at the links. Could not hit anything after the 8th hole. finished in the Dark. But its better than working.

93. So much variance on my driver, one shot will be 270 and the next is 230, gotta get my weight transfer better.

Only lost one ball though so that's awesome for me, and it was from an awful mid-iron.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

93. So much variance on my driver, one shot will be 270 and the next is 230, gotta get my weight transfer better.

Only lost one ball though so that's awesome for me, and it was from an awful mid-iron.

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

That was a 43 on the back too. It will get better, you are working hard on it.

72, even steven. So pissed off, double on 17. 4 birds, 2 bogeys, a double. Lost 3-4 strokes based on chipping/pitching. Drained a bunch of good ones.

Spent a good hour on the range afterwards, did some video and EUREKA! Got it, much more solid flight with the driver down to my irons. Started draining some long putts too, which is encouraging. I love my broom.

42/42/39
played 27 and the weather was different on every hole lol
i was taking off and putting on my jacket the whole day
2 doubles today one on a par3 and the other on a par5... i had the shizzanks on those holes
driver was hot and cold... i did have 3 huge bombs today in the 270 - 290 range
approach shots were just a hair off... i was either a hair short or way long(hit a 6i 200yrds wind assisted)
pitching and chipping were unreal... i had alot of 1 putts because of my chipping... just a scrambling fool today
putting was okay but i left a few birdies out there

nice rounds everyone! wish the weather would cooperate here to get some on course work as well..

72, even steven. A few birds, a few bogeys. Had a miserable stretch from #4 to #12 where I hit enormous push-fades with virtually all clubs. Had zero drive from the top of the backswing, everything just collapsed. Somehow managed to play that stretch at only +1 and then strung together some solid golf on the final holes after I started visualizing Rory McIlroy's swing in my head. He moves through the ball so well and trying to get that feeling really helped!

Last day here in Spain, short break before another 18 today!

7 I started visualizing Rory McIlroy's swing in my head. He moves through the ball so well and trying to get that feeling really helped!

This worked! Shot 68, -4. Played really solid, stuck my wedges from 80-130 yards close and didn't have to work too much for it. 5 birds and a bogey.

And tomorrow I'm back in sub-zero Sweden. Teh suck.

83 at a nice course up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back