Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

mmm, Mashie! Good luck with it JD, I think you're gonna enjoy that beauty.

Can anyone hitting a m1 and m2 tell me what kind of distances your seeing and your typical swing speed? Thanks

Can anyone hitting a m1 and m2 tell me what kind of distances your seeing and your typical swing speed? Thanks

M1 - 235
M2 - 220
M3 - 205

I have hit them all further than this, but this is the yardage I pull them at. I hit my driver around 250 if that helps.

I tried the Mashie out on the range three days ago and received not so good results. I took a demo M3 on the course today and really hit it solid with great results. My swing was not there the first time ,so nothing would have worked. Today I was highly impressed to say the least! Very long and solid. Cleveland Mashie = Great Stuff and now I am a believer.

edit: KellyBo was logged on ugh! This is ole gray posting....

I tried the Mashie out on the range three days ago and received not so good results. I took a demo M3 on the course today and really hit it solid with great results. My swing was not there the first time ,so nothing would have worked. Today I was highly impressed to say the least! Very long and solid. Cleveland Mashie = Great Stuff and now I am a believer.

edit: KellyBo was logged on ugh! This is ole gray posting....

My prediction will be coming true VERY soon.

From what I can see with the CG16 irons, they come 3-pw as the stock option. Interesting that Cleveland wouldn't leave the 3i open for the M3.

M1 - 235
M2 - 220
M3 - 205

I have hit them all further than this, but this is the yardage I pull them at. I hit my driver around 250 if that helps.

Thanks jb. Both are really pulling at me right now. I am pretty solid with my 3w, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on an m1. The m2 is going to have a home, the question is do I want to carry 4 hybrids? Already have a 3 and 4. Either way, we just got dumped on last night, lots of snow, and temps are no where even close to being able to spend more than 10 minutes outside. I heard a low tomorrow night of -20 with windchill. Ugh

I will be unleashing the Mashie on Pale Rider tomorrow. He's gonna be blown away by the performance, at least I hope. Any time I have a Canadian come for a round of golf I must take them to a very specific course around here b/c to me, this course is the epitome of mountain golf. The Mashie will be getting a work out as accuracy is much more important on this course than distance is.

I had a fairly lack luster round with the Mashie while in Florida so I'm hoping to see some better results during tomorrows round. I really feel like I had a break through with this club on the range at Windermere Country Club with JB so now I just have to remember what I learned. I have been thinking about what I really like about this club and the sound is definitely one of those things for me. I can tell by the sound at impact how well I've hit it.

At any rate, pretty pumped about tomorrows round of golf with a THP'er.

I will be unleashing the Mashie on Pale Rider tomorrow. He's gonna be blown away by the performance, at least I hope. Any time I have a Canadian come for a round of golf I must take them to a very specific course around here b/c to me, this course is the epitome of mountain golf. The Mashie will be getting a work out as accuracy is much more important on this course than distance is.

I had a fairly lack luster round with the Mashie while in Florida so I'm hoping to see some better results during tomorrows round. I really feel like I had a break through with this club on the range at Windermere Country Club with JB so now I just have to remember what I learned. I have been thinking about what I really like about this club and the sound is definitely one of those things for me. I can tell by the sound at impact how well I've hit it.

Thank you for continuing to update this thread. Long term testing is just that, long term and we ask all the testers to continue to update this thread each week while they use the club.

Any time you can see it up with a Canadian you should consider yourself lucky :D Nice new Avatar by the way.

Thank you for continuing to update this thread. Long term testing is just that, long term and we ask all the testers to continue to update this thread each week while they use the club.

No worries JB. You know that any time I can get a round in or some range time in, I'll hit it up.

BTW, thanks for the advice the other day, I really think that will be a difference for me.

Any time you can see it up with a Canadian you should consider yourself lucky :D Nice new Avatar by the way.

I'm going to make him pay, that's all.

Anyone regrip their Mashie yet? I had problems trying to get comfortable with how thin the grip was at range today.

Anyone regrip their Mashie yet? I had problems trying to get comfortable with how thin the grip was at range today.

I have not jd, but I like the thinner grips myself. If I replaced it, I'd replace it with a PURE Red, like my other woods.

I regripped my mashie with a winn lite soft with three wraps under the top hand and 4 under the bottom. Love it.

I took the M1 and M3 out to the range today. What a great range time I had with them.

First the M3:
I was just crushing the ball right down the line I was aiming on today. I took the advice that TC noted yesterday and it did the trick for hard draws. They were headed dead straight and had a really nice penetrating flight on the ball. I was averaging landing around 200 yds with the M3 Mashie today. I didn't really have any bad hooks with the club either. It was an over all great day with the M3 Mashie.

Now to the new M1:
I have been really anticipating getting the M1. I have been thinking about kicking the 3w out of the bag, due to inconsistency with it.

I started off hitting it off the ground, because this is were I struggle the most with my 3w. I really enjoyed hitting this club a lot. The distance is really there. I think it is right on with my 3w, but I need to take it to the course to be sure.

The consistency is another story. I started off really great with the M1, but I think gaining a little bit of distance and hitting long shots with it got to my head. After about the 6th ball I started spraying the balls all over the place. Some hooking left and some even going right! I didn't think a Mashie could put a ball out the the right. I tried to calm down and settle my tempo down, this helped a little bit. The sprays were not so bad.

I then decided to tee it up to mix it up a bit. This helped me out a lot. I was back to bombing them right down the center. I don't know what happened while trying to hit it off the ground, but I think I need a few more range sessions with it to work them out. I know the potential is there, but I just wasn't getting it done all day today. I am going to try and get out to the range on Saturday to work on it some more. I will let you know what the results are then.

Here is a video for your viewing pleasure.

Great video man, that was awesome. With those jeans at the range you will fit right in with Ole Gray and TC.

haha, I love it bro!!!! Gettin' your Mashie on! Sweet editing to. Dang, that sounded like awesome contact too. Nothing sounds quite like the Mashie.

Sounds like the M1 was a good decision.

haha, I love it bro!!!! Gettin' your Mashie on! Sweet editing to. Dang, that sounded like awesome contact too. Nothing sounds quite like the Mashie.

Sounds like the M1 was a good decision.

Yeah, I just need to get it under control of the ground. I think that will come around. The lower loft and longer shaft have something to do with that.

Yeah, I just need to get it under control of the ground. I think that will come around. The lower loft and longer shaft have something to do with that.

Like all new clubs, sometimes it just takes a bit of time to adjust to. I have no doubt that you'll get it before long.

No local stores have the Mashie yet. I really want to add one or two to my bag. I just want to try it first. I am thinking that the Mashie would fit my game perfectly. Love this thread!

I took the M1 and M3 out to the range today. What a great range time I had with them.

First the M3:
I was just crushing the ball right down the line I was aiming on today. I took the advice that TC noted yesterday and it did the trick for hard draws. They were headed dead straight and had a really nice penetrating flight on the ball. I was averaging landing around 200 yds with the M3 Mashie today. I didn't really have any bad hooks with the club either. It was an over all great day with the M3 Mashie.

Now to the new M1:
I have been really anticipating getting the M1. I have been thinking about kicking the 3w out of the bag, due to inconsistency with it.

I started off hitting it off the ground, because this is were I struggle the most with my 3w. I really enjoyed hitting this club a lot. The distance is really there. I think it is right on with my 3w, but I need to take it to the course to be sure.

The consistency is another story. I started off really great with the M1, but I think gaining a little bit of distance and hitting long shots with it got to my head. After about the 6th ball I started spraying the balls all over the place. Some hooking left and some even going right! I didn't think a Mashie could put a ball out the the right. I tried to calm down and settle my tempo down, this helped a little bit. The sprays were not so bad.

I then decided to tee it up to mix it up a bit. This helped me out a lot. I was back to bombing them right down the center. I don't know what happened while trying to hit it off the ground, but I think I need a few more range sessions with it to work them out. I know the potential is there, but I just wasn't getting it done all day today. I am going to try and get out to the range on Saturday to work on it some more. I will let you know what the results are then.

What kind of distance did you see from the M1?

What kind of distance did you see from the M1?

It was hard to tell on the range. If I had to guess, I would say 220-230ish. I will try to get to the course next week and get some real distance data.

It was hard to tell on the range. If I had to guess, I would say 220-230ish. I will try to get to the course next week and get some real distance data.

Yeah I can never tell on the range either. Good stuff dude.

Back