Drinking while playing

Drinking on the course?

Drinking on the course?

Do you like to drink on the course or not? If you do, is it always, sometimes, rarely? Also, what is you favorite on course beverage?

I normally play first thing in the morning so drinking doesn't sound too good during that time.

If I do happen to play an afternoon round I'll partake in a few beers as long as I don't have to drive myself home.

I drink beer normally.. mixed with Clamato on a hot day is pretty good

I like a drink on the course. Hot day, Bud Light. Morning, Bloody Mary. Never drink when playing competitevely.

I rarely drink on the course, it's usually done after a round or I usually go there to drink before the bar or something because I work there. I think the most i've ever had is maybe like 3 or 4 beers.

I never drink alcohol on the course. After the round is another story, but all I drink on the course is water or Gatorade.

I like a beer on the course in the afternoon if it's not a super competitive round.

Warm to hot days I'll have a few beers, serious tournaments usually not until after. Back in the day when I didn't have such nasty hang overs....oh boy we could put em away during get together with the fellows on the course and after!!!

I never drink alcohol on the course. After the round is another story, but all I drink on the course is water or Gatorade.

Sounds like me when I play tournament poker. I never drink, period. Too much on the line.

Very rarely. I don't think I drank once on the course last year, but did a few times the year before. Afterwards, CFML me asap.

If I'm playing good I won't drink alcohol, but if I'm playing bad I'll have a few beers or maybe a vodka/lemonade if the cart girl has it. I figure worst case I'll keep playing bad and best case I'll loosen up and start playing better...

None. But Im not a huge drinker anymore whether course or not.

Very rarely. I don't think I drank once on the course last year, but did a few times the year before. Afterwards, CFML me asap.

Part of the reason I am asking is because I drank quite a bit on the course last year. I started noticing that on occasion I would have a bad last couple of holes. I am wondering if after I caught a buzz, I fall apart? HAHA. And if I simply cut drinking on the course out, might my handicap improve 1 or 2 strokes? I am really hoping to be under a 5 by years end.

almost never....being how my game has been lately maybe I should

Part of the reason I am asking is because I drank quite a bit on the course last year. I started noticing that on occasion I would have a bad last couple of holes. I am wondering if after I caught a buzz, I fall apart? HAHA. And if I simply cut drinking on the course out, might my handicap improve 1 or 2 strokes? I am really hoping to be under a 5 by years end.

I tend to play much worse drunk. Plus, I'm not a couple beers and good type of guy. I'm all or nothing when it comes to beers hehe.

Never drink on the course,after at the 19th hole I might have a couple drinks.

I don't drink at all, but I chimed in to say that I don't mind my playing partners having a drink or 2 but I do not want to play with a drunken player.

I normally play first thing in the morning so drinking doesn't sound too good during that time.

If I do happen to play an afternoon round I'll partake in a few beers as long as I don't have to drive myself home.

Remember than 1/5 of rum at the River Club? :D

I don't drink beer to begin with so that doesn't apply to me. It looks bad to me if you bring your own flask or bottle to mix drinks. There nothing wrong with it just looks a little strange to me for some reason. I guess if you had mini bottles like beverage girl sells would be fine. I would just feel strange yelling at someone to slow down while I mix my drink.

I like ones that are already drunk when they show up. You fully know what to expect then!

Exactly! I like my coors but as with anything, moderation on the course. That is unless it's an afternoon scramble in WPB with 35 of my internet friends.

I don't drink at all, but I chimed in to say that I don't mind my playing partners having a drink or 2 but I do not want to play with a drunken player.

Personally - I don't drink on the course - ever. I wouldn't drink during another sporting event that I played in, so I wont do it on the course either. I don't mind if others do and after the round I'll race anyone to the bar, but during a round for me is a no no.

I drink on the course, but this year I havent. It has been too cold

I'm not a drinker, but every once in a while...the BF will have his usual Jack and Coke, and our friends are the beer drinkers...

I won't drink on the course and rarely drink off of it. Beer is so high in calories, plus it makes me sweat - strictly water for me.

Tap before talk.

I like a beer here and there. I normally do not try to drink when I am playing cause I am trying to play good. Now if the day is done by the 9th hole score wise then I will pop top. I think however I should start to have a mixed drinking or something before I play so I can calm down and not be so hyped.

I drive to the course and I'm there to work, so it's not really in my realm of possibility. Played a few "fun tourneys" with buddies that includes adult beverages after the round, so I've had a few on the course but it's like once per year...which translates to like 1/150 rounds per yea.

Back