Need push cart advice

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've got a mildy bad back and as I age it'll only get worse. So I figured it would be a good investment to get a push cart. But as I'm digging into researching them I'm really curious what differences people have noticed. The main two I'm looking at now are the clicgear 3.0 and the sun mountain 4 wheel.

As I'm looking at them, they seem to compact about the same and have some very similar features, but can anyone shed some light on how each of them drive? It seems like the three wheels would be easier to maneuver than 4. Please help!!!

I have the 3.0 and love it.. A buddy has the SM 4 wheeler and finds that it gets a little hard to push in wet conditions..

I've got a mildy bad back and as I age it'll only get worse. So I figured it would be a good investment to get a push cart. But as I'm digging into researching them I'm really curious what differences people have noticed. The main two I'm looking at now are the clicgear 3.0 and the sun mountain 4 wheel.

As I'm looking at them, they seem to compact about the same and have some very similar features, but can anyone shed some light on how each of them drive? It seems like the three wheels would be easier to maneuver than 4. Please help!!!

I've not used the SM but I can 1000% vouch for the Clicgear. on't fear the 3 wheels, it is incredibly balanced and actually hard to turn over. Manuverability is a breeze too. Best thing I've done for my back besided losing somw weight was the cart, I won't go back to carrying ever if possible.

Sorry Icey, I don't know a lot about push carts, but I do know you'll need 4wd if you get it right now, lol.

I have had the clicgear 3.0 for a few weeks now. I absolutely love it - easy to push and easy to fold down after you do it a few times. I looked at the micro 4 wheel when I purchased mine but everything seemed so small (wheels, etc). I preferred the "beefier" look and feel of the clic. Another bonus for me was the umbrella holder that comes with the clic; should be great for the hot Texas summer. Good luck on your purchase; probably can't go wrong on either.

Another point from the salesman: he said the micro had a bit more stability and would be less prone to possibly tipping on an incline as opposed to the 3 wheel. I play on relatively flat courses so not a big concern for me.

I have the 3.0 and love it.. A buddy has the SM 4 wheeler and finds that it gets a little hard to push in wet conditions..

I could see this being from how small those wheels are. Clic is almost like a hummer in comparison to a small pickup.

Just got my 3.0 and LOVE IT!! I highly recommend getting one. I actually felt like I was getting exercise when playing last weekend.

I have the 3 wheel SM V1 and love it, it rolls a little easier than the Clicgear i think because with the inflatable tires you have very little ground contact whereas the flat wide tires on the CG have more contact. Played with guy who have the CG and we both pushed them down a hill on a fairway and the SM rolled way further then the CG. Inflatable tire almost provide a little more shock absorption that the hard tires...

I can open the SM in one motion whereas the CG is a little like a transformer, CG 3.0 is cool looking though and almost bought one the other night when Modell's was selling them for $119, and CG has cooler options like the cleat brush that click on the cart legs...

I have the 2.0 and love it.. Previously had the SM 4 wheeler and returned it after one round for the clicgear. The only issue I have had with my cart is the brake doesn't hold very well on inclines.

I too have a bad back and went to the cart last year. I have the Sun Mountain Micro Cart and absolutely love it. My buddy has the Clic gear 2.0 and loves it. I think they are both comparable and both fold down very small. My advice: buy the one you can find on sale or is a few bucks cheaper. I dont think you can go wrong with either.

I have the 2.0 and love it.. Previously had the SM 4 wheeler and returned it after one round for the clicgear. The only issue I have had with my cart is the brake doesn't hold very well on inclines.

I think the brake was one other things they improved on the 3.0

Should have also said that I have jogged with mine on the course playing catchup to my group and have not come close at all to it tipping over. Very similar to a jogging stroller in construction really.

I have an older bag boy and it's been a fine push cart. I'm a little partial to bag boy since they have a warehouse in Richmond and when one of the brakes stopped working I was able to go by and pick up a new one. The clicgear carts look very nice and have a ton of accessories for them.

Sorry Icey, I don't know a lot about push carts, but I do know you'll need 4wd if you get it right now, lol.

Good point Due, do they make tire chains for push carts?!?!

I buy and sell a lot of stuff, the Clic Gear series (I have owned all 3 versions) is the best I have used. The SM 4 wheeler is nice, but small wheels means its harder to push, and one friend had issues with the locking mechanism. Wasn't really the carts fault, but it collapsing as he shoved it off the first teebox was nothing I have experienced before.

I have the Clicgear 2.0 and have put quite a few miles on it. During my last round before the snow came, one of bars that connects to the wheel broke. I called Clicgear and they sent a replacement part out within 3 days free of charge. While attaching the new bar, I noticed a couple nuts missing from the bolts. Another call, more great customer service and timely delivery of parts, free.

My cart is two years old, and it had some small issues. But Clicgear stood by there product and got me rolling again in no time.

I have the original Clicgear and like it quite a bit. The newer models seem to have a bit better set up for the accessory holders. I originally bought it because of the size that it folds down. The 3.0 would be my first choice but the cost to upgrade from the original is not worth it to me. I would stay clear of the Sun Mountain 4 wheel; I know that some bags do not fit in it very well and rub on the wheels. The other Sun Mountain models seem to be very popular though.

I have the Sun Mountain 4-wheel and if you have to fold your cart up and fit it in a small space there is no substitute. Its harder to push than a 3-wheel but not by a lot. If space isn't an issue get a 3-wheel.

I have had my Sun Mountain for at least five years and have loved it for the most part. The only issue I've had is the brake cable breaks yearly because of folding it up to transport. Right now I have no brake and played all of last year without one because I'm tired of fixing it every year. My next one will more than likely be another brand.

Another vote for clicgear here. Best thing I did for my walking ruonds. No problems pushing, my brake works even on some of steepest hills, and I haven't heard of any problems with any bag fitting.

I second and third the votes for Clicgear. I have one and just ordered another from Modell's for $119. I cannot imagine the CG tipping over, I tried to tip it over on quite a steep slope and it is real stable. Also, it holds everything I can possible want.

I second and third the votes for Clicgear. I have one and just ordered another from Modell's for $119. I cannot imagine the CG tipping over, I tried to tip it over on quite a steep slope and it is real stable. Also, it holds everything I can possible want.

I have tipped over my Clic Gear, but it tipped over WAY after others would have already been on their side.

I've only ever owned one push card but its a 4 wheel and I love it. But like I said I have never used anything else.

I have tipped over my Clic Gear, but it tipped over WAY after others would have already been on their side.

Never tipped mine. I can even send it down a hill and it rolls well on it's own, even half on cart path half off. A couple of times I thought it was gonna tip, but it corrected itself just fine.

Back