THP Golf Ball Testers Wanted (Again)

Well, I have a few cheap balls that spin quite nicely for when I can't afford a urethane ball. Try the newer Noodles.

the same reason we all do, to hold the greenes and not have it roll off, everytime i have played a cheaper ball and hit a great shot with it hits the green and runs off, with my zstar or callaway tour i(s) the ball is always at the mark where it hit or behind it. There is nothing like hitting a shot that sticks 6 inches from the hole rather than hit 6inches from it then run off the back of the green. Low spin off the tee is what i like. Im just saying i havent seen it yet where a cheap ball spins good, maybe i havent tried the correct ones im happy to stick with my zstars or B330S, tour i(s) ect...Online ball fitting suggested B330 or B330-S for me. I agree about technique helping but thats not all that matters, i cant spin a rock hard top flight distance ball lol

the same reason we all do, to hold the greenes and not have it roll off, everytime i have played a cheaper ball and hit a great shot with it hits the green and runs off, with my zstar or callaway tour i(s) the ball is always at the mark where it hit or behind it. There is nothing like hitting a shot that sticks 6 inches from the hole rather than hit 6inches from it then run off the back of the green. Low spin off the tee is what i like. Im just saying i havent seen it yet where a cheap ball spins good, maybe i havent tried the correct ones im happy to stick with my zstars or B330S, tour i(s) ect...Online ball fitting suggested B330 or B330-S for me. I agree about technique helping but thats not all that matters, i cant spin a rock hard top flight distance ball lol

Do you believe it is the cover or the layers that make the spin capable for you?

One of the reasons I ask is that I have never had a problem having a ball stop with a 2 piece surlyn covered ball (as many THPers that have played with me can attest). I think part of that is ball flight being high with irons and part of it is technique.

Obviously everybody is different and different strokes for different folks. In the end, THP is about asking questions and getting to the bottom of "why" (at least for me).

Do you believe it is the cover or the layers that make the spin capable for you?

One of the reasons I ask is that I have never had a problem having a ball stop with a 2 piece surlyn covered ball (as many THPers that have played with me can attest). I think part of that is ball flight being high with irons and part of it is technique.

Obviously everybody is different and different strokes for different folks. In the end, THP is about asking questions and getting to the bottom of "why" (at least for me).

i think both play a part in that but i could be wrong, have been before lol. I would have no problem at all playing a cheaper ball if it performed well. If i could find a ball that was durable and spins well for 25 a dozen i would play it all day long, of course i would have to like the feel and sound.

I am with JB here. I have played 2 piece Surlyn balls alot. As long as your grooes are clean, and you strike sharply, even dull grooves will give you adequate stopping power. Another trick is the "baby" flop. Open your club and stance slightly, slice at it, like a normal flop. Surlyn travel much higher, making this shot easy to pull off.

i dont know maybe its our rock hard greens but i have no problem spinning and backing up the zstars or similar balls

At 25 bucks a dozen look into things like the e5's. Urethane 2 peice. Never tried it myself, but definatley on my list. Others swear by them.

i dont know maybe its our rock hard greens but i have no problem spinning and backing up the zstars or similar balls

At 25 bucks a dozen look into things like the e5's. Urethane 2 peice. Never tried it myself, but definatley on my list. Others swear by them.

they are actually on my list as well, have been reading reviews and they all seem pretty good.

I was able to back up the Burner Tour a few times and I never had to worry about excessive rollout.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

top flite v2 gamers spin like a champ and theyre cheaper than $20

Okay everybody. We just heard from the company and the golf balls will all be delivered tomorrow to THP HQ. We still have plenty of spots open for those that want to try out a golf ball on the forum and give us some feedback on it.

Okay everybody. We just heard from the company and the golf balls will all be delivered tomorrow to THP HQ. We still have plenty of spots open for those that want to try out a golf ball on the forum and give us some feedback on it.

Awesome, i hope i get picked, love testing stuff out.

JB is this a "rush" job or could I wait a couple of weeks with the balls until the snow melts?

Awesome! I can't wait to hear what balls are going to be tested!

Heck I might as well throw my name in the hat for testing , the weather is getting warmer :D

JB is this a "rush" job or could I wait a couple of weeks with the balls until the snow melts?

Please see the 1st post.

I'm excited to see what they are.

I have the feeling that this might be bigger than the last testing opportunity!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^

Hmmmm now this intrigues me. I do like playing with new balls so if you guys have an extra sleeve, I'll be happy to oblige :thumb:

hard to believe, but I think you are right.

I really like the Golf Ball testing that THP does. There are so many options out there for golf balls that it's difficult to demo what is being sold. I can walk in to a store and demo 5 different iron sets or drivers but it's not like I can go in and demo different golf balls. I really think these golf ball test threads are fantastic for everyone to read. To be honest, I don't think I would have ever planned on giving the Burner Tour a shot, but I'm pretty sure they will be in my bag at some point this year.

Hmmmm now this intrigues me. I do like playing with new balls so if you guys have an extra sleeve, I'll be happy to oblige :thumb:

Make sure you follow the instructions in the 1st post Gray.

1. What golf ball do your currently play?

I'm currently playing the Taylormade Burner Tour or Bridgestone Tour B330rx

2. What is your handicap?

3. What is your swing speed (approximately)?

Driver avg. is 106 mph, 6 iron avg is 90 mph

4. Your most common miss off the tee is? (hook, slice, usually straight)

My most common miss is a fade

5. What driver and loft do you play?

I play a Taylormade R9 driver with 10.5* of loft

1. What golf ball do your currently play? Bridgestone E6
2. What is your handicap? 15.5
3. What is your swing speed (approximately)? 95
4. Your most common miss off the tee is? (hook, slice, usually straight) Hook
5. What driver and loft do you play? Cobra S2 10.5

Thanks to THP and the company that is responsible for another great opportunity!

Woops Sorry I read the first post when it came out and didnt go back and read it .

1. What golf ball do you currently play? Srixon Trispeed or Z-star , & Wilson Zip
2. What is your handicap? Guestimate 11-12
3. What is your swing speed ? have no clue , I would guess 80-90
4. Your most common miss off the tee is? slice
5. What driver and loft do you play? Callaway Diablo Edge 10 *

Last edited:
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Handicap: 4
Swing Speed:100
Miss: Fade
Driver: Titleist 909 D2
Loft: 9.5

Back