Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the sentiment Dent. I was a little disappointed when it was announce that only 500 posts were going to be needed even though if I could afford the trip I could easily have made the post total without being too ADD and annoying (well, I'm always annoying to some :smile:). I was even more disappointed when told that I couldn't submit an email for someone else, unless they were unable to submit one for themselves. I wasn't planning on spamming them with emails but thought that I could at least email in for at least one other person that has been around THP for awhile and is really deserving of the oppurtunity of playing in the Morgan Cup so they may have a little better chance of getting in.
I didn't sign up to join contests or get a chance at testing products, those are just a bonus as you said. I did sign up a little sooner than I was expecting to after TC's rant about supporting THP and the companies that make the contests possible, and joined some contests. Most contests I join, I don't expect to win, they are just fun in their own right, and even if I did win the chances are strong that I'd pay them forward to others here (not the Kingdom contest if I remember to get my entry in :smile: that would be too much fun and a quality fitting is something I really need to do).
I wish the long timers/loyalists great success in getting to be part of the Morgan Cup. If you don't think you'll be able to get your own email in let me know and I'll submit one for you, but I only get one.

I agree with the sentiment Dent. I was a little disappointed when it was announce that only 500 posts were going to be needed even though if I could afford the trip I could easily have made the post total without being too ADD and annoying (well, I'm always annoying to some :smile:). I was even more disappointed when told that I couldn't submit an email for someone else, unless they were unable to submit one for themselves. I wasn't planning on spamming them with emails but thought that I could at least email in for at least one other person that has been around THP for awhile and is really deserving of the oppurtunity of playing in the Morgan Cup so they may have a little better chance of getting in.
I didn't sign up to join contests or get a chance at testing products, those are just a bonus as you said. I did sign up a little sooner than I was expecting to after TC's rant about supporting THP and the companies that make the contests possible, and joined some contests. Most contests I join, I don't expect to win, they are just fun in their own right, and even if I did win the chances are strong that I'd pay them forward to others here (not the Kingdom contest if I remember to get my entry in :smile: that would be too much fun and a quality fitting is something I really need to do).
I wish the long timers/loyalists great success in getting to be part of the Morgan Cup. If you don't think you'll be able to get your own email in let me know and I'll submit one for you, but I only get one.

Great post ault and I totally agree with you. Thanks for understanding. You perfectly described and added on to my loyalty statement. That is what THP is about.

I'm really starting to get annoyed at how long my M2 is taking to get here. I ordered it over 3 weeks ago and it has not even shipped yet, then it needs to get from California to Canada and clear customs which can take for ever. I know Cleveland was not expecting the volume of orders that they got, but when you pre-order should that not get you one earlier? GRRRRR

I'm really starting to get annoyed at how long my M2 is taking to get here. I ordered it over 3 weeks ago and it has not even shipped yet, then it needs to get from California to Canada and clear customs which can take for ever. I know Cleveland was not expecting the volume of orders that they got, but when you pre-order should that not get you one earlier? GRRRRR

Customs is the biggest pain Breeze, it can be held there forever sometimes. 3 weeks is still a boatload though even to ship to Canada.

SOrry to hear this Breeze. I know it's gotta be rough. Here's hoping it gets there sooner rather than later!

Hey Dent, I was just catching up. Great post man. It does suck if there's some folks out there that cut and run but for every one of those I'm sure there's another future Dent there. Eventually time will tell and the ones that stick around tend to be extremely loyal and proactive. Just an unfortunate byproduct of being on a site with spectacular contests.

It's understandable Dent. There are always going to be people that come here for contests. I've seen quite a few folks that joined months ago show up in the last couple days because of the Kingdom contest and it's frustrating, but it happens. In the end, we will get some new great members and some folks will disappear (and maybe reappear). I hope that people enjoy their time here and jump in on the fun :)

I agree with you here Hawk. I dont disagree with anything that Dent said in his rant. In fact I agree with most of it except one line.

"The goal of this contest being just to bring some of us closer together in a different fashion, to make us feel something we've never felt before: Professionals."

Actually the goal is not that in its entirety. The other side of the goal is to promote THP in a way that few can deny. The part you bring up is the goal for the members, not necessarily the goal for the site owners in its entirety. That is just an added bonus and one that we think is one of the coolest things we will be able to ever do for the people here. When it comes to bringing people closer together, we think that our THP Outings do an incredible job at that. In our outings we believe we offer the greatest golf weekend of fun that someone can have. No sponsorships, just a wonderful time full of PGA Tour course golf, a demo day, a banquet, and a whole lot of fun for THPers. Yet when we have or have had some new people sign up for an outing and "take a spot" we have never heard an outcry about it from others. WHy? I dont know, but I suspect it is for two reasons.

1. Because there are 50 spots and not 14.
2. Because there is no free stuff involved.

Its not cut and dry or black and white with those two things, and surely is not meant as a slap in the face to our loyal members.

The truth is big events mean big things for THP. It means huge attention and growth. But it also means that if they go well, there will be far more of the little things for the loyalists that can be done every month. Product testing with clubs and balls, contests, etc...

Its about growth for us and putting something together that has never been done. Sure there will be growing pains involved with all of it and seeing a bunch of posts in once section when you know the only reason one is doing it is to get to 500 posts is irritating. How could it not be right? But at the same time someone has to get to 500 posts in 13 days and its not easy. Nobody is saying that they wont be around after this whether they get in or not. We hope they are, but for every 10 members that come just for a contest we announce there will be one that sticks around and turns out to be the next great poster and friend of so many here.

The flip side to that is basing contests on tenure and frankly we just do not feel that is fair. Just because someone does not know about THP, does not mean that they should not be allowed to join in on the fun. If we had made the post count 50 instead of 500, people would have been upset as well.

And to the person that feels as though they should be allowed to send an email for someone else. We have been clear that ONLY ONE email per person is allowed. You sending a second one for the same person qualifies as TWO entries. If we allow that, where does it stop? People get their entire inbox to email in at the right time on their behalf? No thank you. You are also assuming that all one will have to do is send an email. Perhaps there is more to it such as answering a few questions.

Dent is one of the few that did not have to "find" THP, because it found him. He was here from the beginning and has seen all the growing pains that we have gone through each time something special has come up.

I agree that it can get irritating to see things like this, but lets all remember, we all found this place (outside of the 1st 50 or so) one way or another and at first we might have done the same thing. In the end, we all have been able to become a close knit group that loves the THP Golf lifestyle.

Last edited:
i bit my frikken tongue last night when i was sleeping... how in the world?

My eBay guy continues to try and make me feel like I am stupid.

Dear arnottdare,

I SELL PRODUCT TO INTELLIGENT AND INFORMED CUSTOMERS WHO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE THEY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS. OH BY THE WAY MY INDEX IS A MINUS 4, I THINK THAT QUALIFIES ME.

- duketahoe

I told him that if he is better than scratch he is a plus 4 and that all the "real players" I know who are scratch or better would never give their index to make anyone feel inferior. Or something like that.

Dear arnottdare,

I SELL PRODUCT TO INTELLIGENT AND INFORMED CUSTOMERS WHO READ EVERYTHING BEFORE THEY ASK STUPID QUESTIONS. OH BY THE WAY MY INDEX IS A MINUS 4, I THINK THAT QUALIFIES ME.

- duketahoe

I told him that if he is better than scratch he is a plus 4 and that all the "real players" I know who are scratch or better would never give their index to make anyone feel inferior. Or something like that.

maybe you should give him negative feedback to match his "index"

Just really amazes me with the lack of customer service skills displayed by some. It's ebay, so it's obviously not perfect but jeez.

Dear arnottdare,

- duketahoe

I'd go out of my way to not buy anything from this guy....ever

And I'd ask him if intelligent ebay sellers know when their CAPS lock is on or off....

Dear arnottdare,

- duketahoe

Dear arnottdare,

- duketahoe

Is he continuing to send you emails? Are all of these a series of emails you are trading back and forth or is he just sending them on his own. Because if so, it's beginning to turn into harrassment, and I think reporting him to ebay might be the way to go if that is the case. If not, just stop replying and hopefully he stops replying back. If you're not going to buy from him, I'm not sure why the emails are still going?

Newbies blowing up their post count with replies that are not adding anything informative to a thread.

Newbies blowing up their post count with replies that are not adding anything informative to a thread.

What? You don't say!

I just went through someone's entire post count since the day they registered very recently, and easily 70% of posts were one word, and of course, there was mention of the Morgan Cup.

It's my day off, I sleep in have b-fast in bed, watch the morning yakkers on tv but Lo-and-behold moron maintenance guy comes in the house to replace the hallway light fixture with some new fangled energy conserving model at 8 effing AM...0800 to replace a dang light! Seriously, your lucky I didn't shoot your dumb-butt walking in unannounced at that time of the morning. Of course his quote was "we thought you were working." I'm off every EVERY Thursday for the past two years, why would today be any different? "Well this light will save 75% on electric cost." I didn't use the old one, so it saved 100% percent of the electric cost of the one you just put up.

Grrrrrr!

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

Agreed, I don't think I've ever seen that many newbie threads on the first pages of threads when I check the dialy posts!

I need to rant about coffee shops that still use those little creamer cups to fill your coffee with. If you get a large or extra large you are there forever opening those stupid little things! Get a proper jug of cream or milk like everyone else.

I need to rant about coffee shops that still use those little creamer cups to fill your coffee with. If you get a large or extra large you are there forever opening those stupid little things! Get a proper jug of cream or milk like everyone else.

Don't use cream :D

You still go to the coffee shops? I just assumed that everyone went to Starbucks to get their lattes since they're, like, everywhere. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back