Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a small procedure done yesterday at the surgical center here, nothing big, but I remember very little which is the oddest feeling in the world. One minute I'm talking to the annistisiologist and the next Im at home in my own bed thinking wtf? I've been through stuff like this before, but generally wake up pretty good before going home. Liz said I was "The Comedian", lol. Some of the things I told the doctor was pretty stupid I guess, lol.

I had a small procedure done yesterday at the surgical center here, nothing big, but I remember very little which is the oddest feeling in the world. One minute I'm talking to the annistisiologist and the next Im at home in my own bed thinking wtf? I've been through stuff like this before, but generally wake up pretty good before going home. Liz said I was "The Comedian", lol. Some of the things I told the doctor was pretty stupid I guess, lol.

Haha that's awesome duey, hopped up on the anesthetics?

Just caught up on the last few pages and I agree, Dent that was an awesome post and rep was added, good thoughts and your love for THP really shows. JB addition to the post was very, very good too.
Interesting points from both.

Haha that's awesome duey, hopped up on the anesthetics?

Yeah, guess the chick wasn't messin around, lol. She did tell me before hand that she wasn't a fan of fast food, haha

I'm really starting to get annoyed at how long my M2 is taking to get here. I ordered it over 3 weeks ago and it has not even shipped yet, then it needs to get from California to Canada and clear customs which can take for ever. I know Cleveland was not expecting the volume of orders that they got, but when you pre-order should that not get you one earlier? GRRRRR

To add to my frustration of shipping things from the US to Canada; I just shipped a large batch of networking equipment to flipping Africa and it was shipped, cleared customs and arrived where it should be in 12 days. 11 of them were shipping days.

It's even further annoying because African customs departments are no joke. They want IECEE (electronic's standard testing to prove the product is up to snuff) reports and then they contact the testing facility anyway to look up all the results to ensure the forms are bogus. Somehow they do all of this in a day or less. Meanwhile I've had a watch sitting at border customs for 3 weeks waiting to be processed...

awww!!

HE's BAAAACCK!!!

sometimes the amount of spam email I get over the course of the day is overwhelming....I had no idea I had so many 'dear friends' all over the world!

I imagine you were suprised about the amount of Nigerian princes there are out there as well eh?

sometimes the amount of spam email I get over the course of the day is overwhelming....I had no idea I had so many 'dear friends' all over the world!

This is a good point. Have you noticed a change in how often you clear your span box since getting email to the phone. I rarely go to my laptop inbox and thats where I clear the spam, so it builds up fast. Im trying to make myself clean it out every 2 to 3 days and generally have a couple hundred in that time.

Does a golf rant count in here? I've inquired with three different local golf instructors and none of them will offer help, lessons, or anything constructive with the flat stick!!!!! WTH I mean if you teach and it's your business shouldn't it be for all parts of the golf game?!?!?!

I have been getting a ton of spam lately. Usually it says RE: Newsletter Subscription or, "Hey How's it goin?" as the subject line. How does this stuff even happen?

I have been getting a ton of spam lately. Usually it says RE: Newsletter Subscription or, "Hey How's it goin?" as the subject line. How does this stuff even happen?

Not sure DEnt. I get a lot of Thanks for the responce" and its for everything from pizza coupons to credit cards, lol.

Do you guys have numbers in your e-mail addresses? I found that once I changed to a gmail, and didn't have any numbers of underscores, my spam went right down.

I get a ton of 'claim your $1m prize here!' and 'trying to contact you on behalf of your lottery winning event' type of stuff
Not sure DEnt. I get a lot of Thanks for the responce" and its for everything from pizza coupons to credit cards, lol.

In my opinion, people get spam because when people forward emails, the put everyone in the "To:" field instead of the "BCC:" field. If a spammer gets hold of one of those, they have a ton of "active" email addresses to spam. I ALWAYS BCC anything I forward to more than one person. Plus, not using BCC gives everyone's email address to everyone you forwarded it to.

That's not the only reason of course, but when it's so easy to use BCC, why not use it?

In my opinion, people get spam because when people forward emails, the put everyone in the "To:" field instead of the "BCC:" field. If a spammer gets hold of one of those, they have a ton of "active" email addresses to spam. I ALWAYS BCC anything I forward to more than one person. Plus, not using BCC gives everyone's email address to everyone you forwarded it to.

That's not the only reason of course, but when it's so easy to use BCC, why not use it?

Great info Smally, I'll try to remember that one.

So I took a week off work to spend some time with my mother in san Francisco. I was really excited to come because this is the town I grew up in. My mom is a huge golf fan since she retired and we had some great golf planned this week. Green hills CC on tuesday. It's where I was caddie range boy all through high school. Rained out. Harding park in sf on Wednesday? Rained out.

What did we do these last two days? I forgot my moms also redecorating her dream house and we spent the last two days looking at tiles.
Atleast today she's got me looking at stuff I like.
a6cd8a33-f7dd-5f0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he continuing to send you emails? Are all of these a series of emails you are trading back and forth or is he just sending them on his own. Because if so, it's beginning to turn into harrassment, and I think reporting him to ebay might be the way to go if that is the case. If not, just stop replying and hopefully he stops replying back. If you're not going to buy from him, I'm not sure why the emails are still going?

Because I am stubborn and can't stop responding! I'm not logging into eBay tonight at all, but it is killing me. I have a problem... :angry:

Because I am stubborn and can't stop responding! I'm not logging into eBay tonight at all, but it is killing me. I have a problem... :angry:

I love this response! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back