What would you remove from the golf course

1. people
2. greens fees
3. divots/ball marks
4. leaves
5. gumballs

6. trash
7. mud

+1. My local course is full of these in the late fall/early winter. We have started carrying mini brooms to sweep leaves out of our lines on the greens.

You sir, must be a serious golfer. :D

Oh I love having a good time on the course, but some stuff just annoys me. I guess I developed a lot of my "hate" after working as starter and ranger throughout highschool. So many incompetent people on the golf course it's almost scary. I don't care if you shoot 70 or 140. Respect the game, have fun, and keep your pace of play up and it's all good.

1. Paying for range balls they should be included.
2. Aerating the greens and then putting sand on them and letting people play on them and still charging regular price.
3. Dogleg lefts they dont do well for my fade

You guys can have our canadian geese! I hate those little blighters. My friend hit a tee shot through a bush by accident and basically blew ones' head off. One at a time....

Jeans - There are a few regulars at my local course who wear jeans and it tilts me to no end.
Walkers on weekends - Save your walking for the weekdays when it isn't as busy.
Slow Greens - Mow and roll those damn things!

For every slow walker there is, there is one or more cart users who doesn't know how to use it properly -- especially when it is cart paths only. They end up taking longer than someone walking.

Oh I love having a good time on the course, but some stuff just annoys me. I guess I developed a lot of my "hate" after working as starter and ranger throughout highschool. So many incompetent people on the golf course it's almost scary. I don't care if you shoot 70 or 140. Respect the game,follow the course rules, have fun, and keep your pace of play up and it's all good.

........fify

For every slow walker there is, there is one or more cart users who doesn't know how to use it properly -- especially when it is cart paths only. They end up taking longer than someone walking.

Not true. Ask OEM Kevin.

Kevin

My driver, please just get it out of my sight.

Coot ducks. My course has them everywhere and its a mess. :at-wits-end:

Not true. Ask OEM Kevin.

Kevin

I disagree. I walk all the time and I've caught up to a few carts that were stuck to the cart path! Guy grabs a club from his bag walks across the fairway to his ball. Doesn't like his selection and then proceeds to walk back to his cart!! There I am waiting for those stupid golf cart dorks!!

Not true. Ask OEM Kevin.

Kevin

True story. Id remove some of the damn trees. All the trees that are in my way actually. And then Id remove all the walkers haha

Women
Walkers
Men over the age of 40
Men under the age of 35
Jeans
Tee shirts
Stand Bags
the color khaki
Good golfers (better than me)
Bad Golfers (worse than me)
And of course anything else that bothers me that day. :alien:

Well I guess I won't be playing with JB anytime soon!! Anyone need an over 40 golfer handicap 19 for a fourth?? I have lots a great aviation stories to bore you with!!

The idiots that think they are good but they arent

True story. Id remove some of the damn trees. All the trees that are in my way actually. And then Id remove all the walkers haha

Walkers. Hehehehe. They're as bad as trees.

Kevin

Parking lots... I've hit one car and hopefully that's the only time I'll say this!

I'd start with the canadian geese that never leave and work on a list depending on my day!!!

Snakes
Gators
Ugly or Slow cart girls
Cart paths with a tall lip
Anyone 6' and above
Wind
Scratch Golfers

I would remove rangers on power trips. Those guys piss me off!

I agree, hate those guys.

I will add weathermen who get you excited with 55 and sunny when they know it will be 42 and cloudy.

I would remove rangers on power trips. Those guys piss me off!

Rangers have a tough job. You have people complaining about the people ahead being slow, but they are playing at or better than the pace of play time. They can have one group slowing everything up but they got there before the marshall did and are on hole 16 before he even knows what's going on but everyone behind them is complaining to them about it. Then you have the people who never think it is them who are the problem, when in fact it is definitely them.

Then, and think about this one, they have to go up to a group of four beligerant drunks and tell them to pick up the pace, stay out of the wild grasses, or otherwise tell them the rules of the carts, then when they drive around again, they are doing the same thing because they don't care. By this time they are even more drunk and now have an attitude and this one guy has to go up to all four of them again. Pretty fun stuff, and most of them don't even get paid. They get free golf, but is it worth getting into a fight with four guys?

I would remove all paved cart paths or at least route them totally out of sight and out of play.

slow play people. I stood on teeboxes tday for5-10 mins. i was walking alone - there was a 3some of 20-somethings ahead and not one was in the fairway. I thought baout firing one down the middle and playing thorugh since they just didnt get the idea of letting faster players play through the previous 4 holes. unbelieveable.

You guys can have our canadian geese! I hate those little blighters. My friend hit a tee shot through a bush by accident and basically blew ones' head off. One at a time....

Did you give them a -1 on the scorecard for that hole?

Back