jlazy

Jlazy
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone out there going to this tournament. We went last year had a blast. I hope me and bigzy can handle another few days in Orlando, Howl at the moon during the PGA Show kicked our a##.

GG and I will be out there as we just got our media passes 15 minutes ago.

Last year everyone wore blue and red, I mean everyone

Of course the "fans" did because they were told to do that! The media is different, asking them to do it is ridiculous in my opinion. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't sell tickets to this thing, people are invited to attend, right? It makes it pretty easy to make the gallery wear shirts for the teams when no one has to pay for tickets. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize. Sure, it's fun to get to watch some of the top players in the world play, but the entire event screams 2 things to me: over the top and out of touch.

I dont have a side, but out of curiosity, why do you believe it is ridiculous?

Seems to me to all be in the spirit of fun, something we all can use more of. In the linked article it even said that a red & blue shirt was available, so why not. I cannot see a corporate logo being on a tournament shirt corrupting a non biased moral reporter if I truly understand the meaning of unbiased and morals .

I dont have a side, but out of curiosity, why do you believe it is ridiculous?

I understand that it's basically a marketing vehicle for the Tavistock company, so they want to do things high-end. But come on, did they really have to fly the guys from Isleworth over to Lake Nona by helicopter last year? That's where my "over the top" comment came from. It just seems like it's a great way for the company to show off how nice the lifestyle is, with 99.9% of us never able to even sniff it. But I guess in the end, it's just an exhibition, so I shouldn't take it all that seriously.

GG and I will be out there as we just got our media passes 15 minutes ago.

Sounds like a great time. I always like watching this on TV. Please post pic's if you take any.

I understand that it's basically a marketing vehicle for the Tavistock company, so they want to do things high-end. But come on, did they really have to fly the guys from Isleworth over to Lake Nona by helicopter last year? That's where my "over the top" comment came from. It just seems like it's a great way for the company to show off how nice the lifestyle is, with 99.9% of us never able to even sniff it. But I guess in the end, it's just an exhibition, so I shouldn't take it all that seriously.

Based on Orlando living, did they have to fly them by helicopter? No. But should they to make it easier? Yes. Its not like they are across the street from each other. Its on the other side of the city.

Based on Orlando living, did they have to fly them by helicopter? No. But should they to make it easier? Yes. Its not like they are across the street from each other. Its on the other side of the city.

Plus it's super cool to watch.

From the iPhone.

never watched this but did see it will be on the golf channel next week.

What is it ? like the ryder cup

Being that there are four teams this year, the fields are stacked. Here is who is participating.

Albany: Woods, Els, Tim Clark, Immelman, Poulter and Rose.
Queenwood: Bjorn, Darren Clarke, David Howell, Kjeldesen, McGinley, Adam Scott
Isleworth: Allenby, Appleby, Brian Davis, Homes, O'Hair, Janzen
Lake Nona: Fisher, Goosen, Peter Hanson, McDowell, Stenson, Oliver Wilson.

Looking forward to seeing Woods live for the first time.

never watched this but did see it will be on the golf channel next week.

What is it ? like the ryder cup
I mean it's similar, but it's a made for TV event that pays very well.

Day 1 Format:
Each team will count three 18-hole better ball scores. The team with the lowest cumulative score will be leading after Round 1.

Day 2 Format:
Each team will count six 18-hole individual scores. The team with the lowest score in relation to par at the end of both rounds will be crowned World Golf & Country Club Champion.

I guess I'll be wearing pink for Albany.

I'll tune to watch as always. Should be fun to watch, I like the new format they have laid out.

Just found out that Albany will actually will purple and not pink.

Just found out that Albany will actually will purple and not pink.

IJP must be stomping mad like a little girl. :D

What's Lake Nona wearing? (I think it's normally blue right?)

IJP must be stomping mad like a little girl. :D

What's Lake Nona wearing? (I think it's normally blue right?)
Believe it will still be blue, Isleworth is red and Green is Queenwood.

Passes have arrived.

256080173.jpg

How open to the public is this? It never seems to have a big crowd, at least from a tv viewers point of view.

How open to the public is this? It never seems to have a big crowd, at least from a tv viewers point of view.

Im not sure that it is. I believe all crowds are guests.

Im not sure that it is. I believe all crowds are guests.
Believe you are right. I was told somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5k.

It's amazing how close you get to the players. The only ropes are around the tee boxes and greens.

I think this will be a fun event to go to. I like the event to be honest and it would be great to see all the players so close.

This event kind of 'cracks me up' in regards to how corporate marketers work/think.

Hey fellas. We've got this new tournament idea, where you get to sleep in your own bed, play you home track, we won't let the general riff-raff buy tickets and we'll pay you to do it. Whadda ya think?

This event kind of 'cracks me up' in regards to how corporate marketers work/think.

Hey fellas. We've got this new tournament idea, where you get to sleep in your own bed, play you home track, we won't let the general riff-raff buy tickets and we'll pay you to do it. Whadda ya think?

You have to understand what the event is for though. And for that reason, it works incredibly well and I have no problem with it. I mean lets face it, how different is it than the Masters based on the "riff-raff" side of things.

Back