What shaft are you playing?

Lukey719

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious as to what everyone was playing... Mainly just what shafts you are playing in your woods. I'm trying to get a good feel on whats popular now and which to give a shot. I currently am hitting the Fujikura 360 in both my driver and 3 wood both are stiff shafts.

Moved this one over to the shaft section.

I play a Miyazaki Dromos in my Srixon.

However I do have a suggestion. If you are truly interested in the best shaft, dont go with what is popular. Go with what fits the best. Have you tried a driver fitting?

Diamana Kai'li 60 X-Flex in my driver.

Fujikura Motore F1 75 X-Flex in my three wood.

However I do have a suggestion. If you are truly interested in the best shaft, dont go with what is popular. Go with what fits the best. Have you tried a driver fitting?

No I haven't JB. I had my irons fit to me and that was awesome. I just wanted to know what was out there now. I haven't been keeping up with new shafts this year. I'm loving the Fubuki shafts and the Adila R.I.P. I'm just trying to get a feel on whats new and how people are liking them.

Playing a :miyazaki: Kusala Black 83x in my driver and currently looking for a new shaft for my 909f2 3 wood. I also just put an Aldila VS Proto 80x in my hybrid and am loving it.

Driver: Miyazaki c. Kua 39r
4 wood: stock Blur 70 gram
Hybrid: C. kua 59r

Tap before talk.

Playing a :miyazaki: Kusala Black 83x in my driver and currently looking for a new shaft for my 909f2 3 wood. I also just put an Aldila VS Proto 80x in my hybrid and am loving it.

I'm also hearing alot of great things about the new :miyazaki:. how do you like Kusala Black?

Driver- Matrix Tp6HD
3 Wood- Matrix 8M2
Hybrid- Aldila Vs Proto 95
Hybrid-Matrix Radix 9HY

I'm also hearing alot of great things about the new :miyazaki:. how do you like Kusala Black?

I'm loving it so far (over the first week haha). The stock C. Kua's in the new cleveland ultralite series were a bit too spinny for me. The black is a low-mid launch shaft so I mixed it with the 10.5 head and I have my launch angle and trajectory right where I want them now. The heavier weight and having it tipped 1.5" have this club dialed in for me.

I was fit for it during a demo day here in Hartford. If you have a chance to try them all out, definitely do not pass it up. The international flex code makes understanding how the shaft works so much easier as well. I think my black is playing something like 7899 since it was tipped rather than the 5677 that comes stock on the black. I could be "misremembering" what the tech van guy said but I know he said that when you tip them the flex code numbers go up.

I really like the Fujikura Motore F1 in X flex that's in my driver and 3w. Suits me and performs for me, which I guess is the point.

I'm loving it so far (over the first week haha). The stock C. Kua's in the new cleveland ultralite series were a bit too spinny for me. The black is a low-mid launch shaft so I mixed it with the 10.5 head and I have my launch angle and trajectory right where I want them now. The heavier weight and having it tipped 1.5" have this club dialed in for me.

I was fit for it during a demo day here in Hartford. If you have a chance to try them all out, definitely do not pass it up. The international flex code makes understanding how the shaft works so much easier as well. I think my black is playing something like 7899 since it was tipped rather than the 5677 that comes stock on the black. I could be "misremembering" what the tech van guy said but I know he said that when you tip them the flex code numbers go up.

Sounds great thanks for all your input.

Best suggestion ever. What is popular isn't as important as what fits you.

So true. I use a light regular flex (senior) but I was fit for it.

Aldila NVS 65 X. Best shaft I have found so far for my game.

Aldila NV stiff in driver, wood, hybrid. I was looking for a lowish torque, lowish launch on a budget and found these and really like them. Plus Aldila's are pretty stiff shafts compared to other companies. That is nice. I am going to go to a new driver this season (I think) but am going to keep this one of those days that I don't have it with the new one.

Stock, Stock, and Stock

I can't play a stock shaft. Even if I get a stiff my swing speed is too high. I have to buy almost an extra stiff to fit my swing.

I can't play a stock shaft. Even if I get a stiff my swing speed is too high. I have to buy almost an extra stiff to fit my swing.

A lot of companies are really stepping up their game when it comes to stock shafts (Ala Cleveland/Miyazaki, Nike/Project X, ect...). I would definitely find a fitter and try out the stock shafts before you write them off and spend a good chuck of change on an upcharge shaft. You can almost always order stock shfats in X-Flex as well, but swing speed isnt all that determines flex. Check out the THP radio show about GolfTEC fitting.

A lot of companies are really stepping up their game when it comes to stock shafts (Ala Cleveland/Miyazaki, Nike/Project X, ect...). I would definitely find a fitter and try out the stock shafts before you write them off and spend a good chuck of change on an upcharge shaft. You can almost always order stock shfats in X-Flex as well, but swing speed isnt all that determines flex. Check out the THP radio show about GolfTEC fitting.

Yes I like that companies are now realizing they are going to have to step their shaft game up and I will check that section out. Thanks

I have the Miyazaki Black as well (72 X). Absolutely love this shaft. I tested numerous shafts in my driver and while several provided really good numbers, this shaft stood out. It gave me the best combination of distance and accuracy out of all the shafts I tried.

I have the Miyazaki Black as well (72 X). Absolutely love this shaft. I tested numerous shafts in my driver and while several provided really good numbers, this shaft stood out. It gave me the best combination of distance and accuracy out of all the shafts I tried.

Thanks interlooper. I may have to add the :miyazaki: black into my choices. I'm hearing all types of good things about :miyazaki:.

Aldila RIP in driver, 3 wood, and hybrids

Aldila RIP in driver, 3 wood, and hybrids

How are you liking the Aldila RIP? I recently played with a kid who had this in his new Titleist 910 and he hit it a mile!

I'm using a Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.0. Killer shaft but it is nothing like the 360's you are playing now. It feels very different, is a "smooth" or "soft" shaft that loads more and easily but has less torque. It is in the vein of a Fubuki Alpha or UST Attas. So if you like a shaft that provides a lot of feeling of the shaft loading give it a shot.

Back