Your Bucket List Courses That Are Obtainable

It'll take some time because I'd want to savor everything about it and the first step might be winning the PowerBall.

I'd start out west with Pebble Beach (and all her awesome sister courses)

Drive up the coast and play Bandon Dunes (other's there too and would absolutely have to schedule Pumpkin Ridge on the drive out)

Banff comes next. It's in the most stunningly photogenic region anywhere.

The long drive to Whistling Straits would take me awhile. Too many of my personal bucket list fishing destinations enroute to rush it or to cross the border early. Just before crossing I'd also have to spend several days camping/fishing the Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area on the Canadian side. Used to do a long week up there every year on the US side but never paddled far enough to cross border.

After playing Whistling Straits and other noted courses in that region I'd take the ferry across Lake Michigan to play Arcadia Bluffs. Been a must play for me since the Michigan crew started posting their experiences there. Nothing could cap off my trip of a lifetime like bagpipes at sunset.

Cabot Cliffs - just looks like an amazing place.
I would then list off St. Andrews, Castle Stuart in Inverness, Pebble Beach and any of the Pinehurst courses.

I'm going to add Whistling Straits to my list as well, mostly because I've heard of so many good experiences up there.

For me, it just terrifies me that I'll go to a place like that and it's so windy that the golf is unplayable for me.

I've got a few in the back of my mind, but I'll start where the conversation went yesterday and say French Lick.

It's GOT to happen.
I don't know enough about the French Lick courses to chance a trip to BFE, but they look bucket list worthy. I played Whistling Straights and Blackwolf Run back in 2001 that is the only reason it is not on my bucket list still. GREAT COURSE!

I don't know enough about the French Lick courses to chance a trip to BFE, but they look bucket list worthy. I played Whistling Straights and Blackwolf Run back in 2001 that is the only reason it is not on my bucket list still. GREAT COURSE!
Yeah, everything I've heard about French Lick is awesome. Stuck in the middle of Indiana, but sounds worth it.

Pebble
TPC Sawgrass
The Old Course
Royal Melbourne
Oakmont

Don't crush my dreams. Augusta is obtainable! I've already had to back out once because I was heading to Europe. IT WILL HAPPEN!

Yeah, everything I've heard about French Lick is awesome. Stuck in the middle of Indiana, but sounds worth it.
For a pure golf trip, who really cares where it is. Just have to be there with the right group of folks - like a THP event :D

Its Paradise week, so I am going to drop a nugget in here.
A number of places people have mentioned are happening in 2020...

THP Experiences...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

THP coming to Augusta!

THP coming to Augusta!

Not really applicable based on the thread topic. Places that are obtainable.
Sure we make the impossible, possible, but this one is about bucket list courses that can be played via being public or resort, etc.

Haha, I know. Just playin.

Having just been out to the west coast and checking out Pebble Beach, that was already one of my bucket list courses. I would then want Old Course St. Andrews, Torrey Pines, Bethpage....

Not really applicable based on the thread topic. Places that are obtainable.
Sure we make the impossible, possible, but this one is about bucket list courses that can be played via being public or resort, etc.

THP does Cabot????

Within Driving distance
-Kohler, WI et all
- Sentry World
-Arcadia Bluff
-Lawsonia
-French Lick

In the states
-Pinehurst
-Bandon
-Streamsong
-Bethpage

Out of country
-Scotland
-Ireland
-Cabot

I am lucky, have played more than a few on my bucket list, but here are some I hope to play and think I have a good chance to.

1. Cal Club
2. Olympic Club
3. Cabot Cliffs/links
4. St Andrews Old course
5. Carnoustie

Several more on there that I hope to play someday

ive knocked out a few BIGGIES, cross of Cypress, PineHurst #2 #5 #8 and #9, Olympic Club, The preserve, The Sanctuary, Poppy. Would love to get Sage Valley and Bandon next,

Back