New THP Forum Coming Soon

This forum update feels like an event sign up day for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forgive my ignorance, but what is dark mode?

obedt;n8908028 said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is dark mode?

It’s a Light-on-dark color scheme so a dark usually black background and light color letters.

It seems to be easier to read and much better when using in low light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just logged on and saw the new update! Looks fantastic, and as promised - it’s snappy fast!

Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes everyone!

Wow, this place looks good. Seems to be running nice and smooth.

This is absolutely outstanding! Fantastic Job GG & JB very much appreciated.

I wish there was a go-to-last button on the mobile site. Desktop has the pages buttons with the thread titles

edit: nevermind it's there, the "Today at 13:37" text is a link to the last

Last edited:
Been poking around the upgrade. Love it! Haven't found any problems so far.

A tip to others reading. When using the search feature in forums it now works like most other sites. If you put in a string of words, it searches for the significant words in that string regardless of order or whether it's in the topic field or text of a post. Put the words in quotes if you want to search for a phrase.

Last edited:
This newer version sounds amazing! Can't wait to see it Sunday morning!!!
This has been bugging me for awhile and I’m finally going to ask you, why are all your posts in blue text? ??‍♂️

New forum looks fantastic (y)

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
This has been bugging me for awhile and I’m finally going to ask you, why are all your posts in blue text? ??‍♂️

A couple of different reasons actually. One of which isn't to call attention to my post as I think some probably believe.

Since I'm almost always the only one to post in color it makes it easier for me to pick up where I left off on a thread. I just scroll to the blue and I'm off and running. Doing so also helps me find my own post in a thread just in case I want to reread it for accuracy or just refresh my memory on what I wrote.

I used the blue font in most of my work-related emails for the same reasons.

I guess that some people are annoyed by it, but I assure everyone is not done to be annoying. I kind of wish more people would use colors when they post.

And it looks like my favorite color blue is not an option anymore. At least not from the mobile browser so maybe I will stop using color altogether or perhaps switch to something else.

This new set up is nice! Very easy to use.

Here is the full breakdown of many of the new features and how to use them. I know some have seen this thread, but it does have a ton of info for those that have not.

New forum is great so far. I havnt used the mobile version yet but so far I think its great.

Hats off

Forum update is great, well done! That and tapa back up running smooth as well. Great transition

Things have definitely gotten awesomer! Clicking on the threads isn't taking me to the latest unread for many of them but I'll get over it and forget it over the next couple weeks I'm sure.

Things have definitely gotten awesomer! Clicking on the threads isn't taking me to the latest unread for many of them but I'll get over it and forget it over the next couple weeks I'm sure.

If you are on the main forum page from your browser where you see the three tabs that say Latest Posts, Forums and Recent Activity and you are on the Latest Posts tab, if a thread is bold and you click that thread it should take you to the last unread post in that thread.

If you are on the main forum page from your browser where you see the three tabs that say Latest Posts, Forums and Recent Activity and you are on the Latest Posts tab, if a thread is bold and you click that thread it should take you to the last unread post in that thread.
Hmmm, I was going What's New -> New Posts and then clicking bolded threads and many of them were taking me to the first post...Saturday when I tried, it was going a few days back from my last unread. I'll try starting from the Latest Posts tab. Thanks!

Love the new look and layout. After a few days of using it I don't see any problems. Great work!

One thing I really find is awesome is the light bulb icon that allows you to easily switch from normal mode to dark mode. For some odd reason I find the normal white back ground to be preferable when using a desk top computer, and dark mode to be my choice when using my phone or tablet. I just love being able to click the light bulb and easily make the change back and forth. Great option for sure. (y)(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• lightbulb.JPG
    lightbulb.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 5
So intuitive. Really digging the new updates.

Need to try posting pics from mobile

New forum looks great. I'm sure it was a ton of hard work behind the scenes. Great job THP.

Here is the full breakdown of many of the new features and how to use them. I know some have seen this thread, but it does have a ton of info for those that have not.

You guys did a fantastic job on the new forum! Love it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You guys did a fantastic job on the new forum! Love it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wait till you start using the mobile browser instead of tapatalk and all of the issues you have had go away. Notifications work, all of the features such as media library, moods, smiley bar with brands and more open up haha

Back