November Fitness Challenge

haha, nah, eating a bunch of food isn't bad, it's just a matter of eating the RIGHT food.

Plus, we were going to do that anyways. Offsetting with physical activity is a huge benefit, which is what i wanted this thread to be about. The diet is a secondary option.

Yeah, it is the snacks that get me, especially now that I don't walk as much as I used to in my old job - driving an hour each way rather than walking home from work hasn't helped the waistline

Had a couple busy weeks but hoping to get back in to the habit of going to the pool once a week for a swim on my way home from work

Alright. Lunchtime workout done.

1573240239774.png

I wish I had time to workout at lunch. We actually have a gym in the office that they recently added pelaton's to, but I just don't have that time to do so. I'll stick to my late night workouts haha

I wish I had time to workout at lunch. We actually have a gym in the office that they recently added pelaton's to, but I just don't have that time to do so. I'll stick to my late night workouts haha

I used to work out at 7am before work but now I’m coming in at 7am and taking half day Fridays, so I have no other option. Some days it’s a rush, but unless I have an 11am meeting that runs over I can usually get it in.

I did my 8th day in a row on the stationary bike this morning. I'm loving that I can burn 515 calories in 30 minutes!

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 4.14.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 4.17.19 PM.png

I used to work out at 7am before work but now I’m coming in at 7am and taking half day Fridays, so I have no other option. Some days it’s a rush, but unless I have an 11am meeting that runs over I can usually get it in.

When I worked in a corporate office and had to be at work by 8 I used to get up at 5am and workout. I have never been able to do the afternoon. I wish I could, but the motivation is just not there at the end of the day.

When I worked in a corporate office and had to be at work by 8 I used to get up at 5am and workout. I have never been able to do the afternoon. I wish I could, but the motivation is just not there at the end of the day.

Yeah, end of day is tough for me. Lunch had been working out ok though. It helps get me through the rest of the day. But after work, I just want to go home.

Yeah, end of day is tough for me. Lunch had been working out ok though. It helps get me through the rest of the day. But after work, I just want to go home.

I've never been good at working out after work. Before I retired it was always early morning or blow off work mid-afternoon(I was in outside sales the last 22 years of my career) and get my workout done before the evening.

By 5:30-6:00 pm I'm almost assured of having a beer in my hands and that's not super conducive to working out. ;) Now I'm retired and this early cold winter weather makes it easy to work out every day since I don't have much to do outside until the ski areas open up next week.

its Not easy getting workouts in on the road, especially at a really bad hotel but it’s done. I had to take a long walk while we were setting up at the show but the momentum continues. 378F0262-9ED3-48FF-9E15-6F935D8AFEE8.png

I have failed.

I have failed.
Tomorrow is a new day.

or if you prefer a Game of Thrones reference, go fail again.

in seriousness, I’m sure I’ll miss a couple days this month but then I’ll try to get as many as I can and then I’ll try to keep going next month. Then again I’ve got a loooong way to go.

Tomorrow is a new day.

or if you prefer a Game of Thrones reference, go fail again.

in seriousness, I’m sure I’ll miss a couple days this month but then I’ll try to get as many as I can and then I’ll try to keep going next month. Then again I’ve got a loooong way to go.
It’s been a miserable month so far and I fell behind. I’ll keep it up - great advice

Even though I’ve been busy as heck I’m still finding a way to get a workout in. Really focused on doing this. Hardest part is going to be end of the month

403EC97A-87F9-4583-BF0E-5DFD416985D5.png

There’s always a way! Final hour check in!
6A395EE4-9A17-4501-8A23-53A9D3DF4590.png

Fellow Ohioan here (northeast Ohio)

I took almost 3 months off before getting back into it 3rd week of October.

been working out to maintain strength and flexibility for the Grandaddy 4-5 times a week.

So far so good!

Closed all the rings yesterday again which I was happy about. My knee is all kinds of jacked right now so I’m taking the weekend off for sure now. Seems 2 herniated discs in my back caused a hamstring issue which moved down into my knee. The left side of my body hates me haha.

I’ll be back at it on Monday.

8/8 with a couple hours of climbing yesterday. About to do a workout on the bike, so that will make it 9/9

Walked the dog earlier today so that was more than 30mins walking and it is as much as I will get done today as we are off out to a wedding reception this evening

Back