EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I hope this doesn't cause JB heartburn but here's a question for everyone. If you were among the five finalist for the Captain's spot would you want to know about it? Would it be better to know you were in the running or would it hurt too much to know you were that close but weren't picked?
I think it would be cool to know in a flattered I was even considered way.

I hope this doesn't cause JB heartburn but here's a question for everyone. If you were among the five finalist for the Captain's spot would you want to know about it? Would it be better to know you were in the running or would it hurt too much to know you were that close but weren't picked?

Part of me would want to know but the other part is thinking no way!

Being a captain isn't an easy job and one that shouldn't be taken lightly. The next captain has big shoes to fill and the list of candidates that would meet my criteria is pretty small. Glad I don't have to choose! Can't wait to see who it is though

You and @Canadan do it so effortlessly.

@McLovin and @tequila4kapp did a fantastic job these past two years.

I’m sure, the next Grandaddy Captain will be wisely selected, bleed green and white, rarely violates rule number 1.

Not that I'd be in that spot, but nah. Don't let me know.

Part of me would want to know but the other part is thinking no way!
In a way, wouldn't you be more anxious to be a committee member who helps decide a captains pick? Because then that not only rests on them but then reflects on you as well? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Reactions: KEV
In a way, wouldn't you be more anxious to be a committee member who helps decide a captains pick? Because then that not only rests on them but then reflects on you as well? Hypothetically speaking of course.
I quoted the wrong person. Sorry Mike. Meant to quote KEV above you.

It would certainly be cool to have some input on who the next captain is.

I’m the kind of person who would definitely want to know the date and time of my death so yes I’d want to know...

I’m not sure I’d like to know. The right person will be picked and not knowing doesn’t allow for any wondering on why you weren’t picked. Here’s one thing I can say with certainty. If you aren’t chosen, you shouldn’t be hurt whatsoever. Whether your in the top five or not. This is literally “meant” for no one. No one deserves it and thus there’s nothing to be hurt over. Support and get fully behind whomever is chosen cause they are getting the opportunity of a lifetime and you never know what next year may or may not hold.

Some big shoes to fill from the last 2 captains for sure. Some well deserving folks out there in the candidate pool looking forward to seeing who will lead the charge this year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I probably wouldn't want to know lol.

I’d say you could trust him to make the right decision, but he really struggles with proper pizza selections. :act-up:

Can one of the moderators please restrict Snickerdog’s media capabilities? Text only.
First warning is just a PM warning you of your behavior, I know from experience ?‍♂️

Yes, yes, you are the man, we ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️ to your er essence :LOL:

No way man, heck no - for this spot, you, four other people who are all fantastic, gap and difference between all are so minuscule, definitely a what could I have done better moment that would cause much agony.

For self improvement maybe tell me post decision and reason why (no that is a bad idea)

Nah, no heartburn here. Fun question.

I think being a part of the event in any way would be an absolute honor, especially helping pick someone for such an experience, but that would definitely be a tough thing to do. If there were a committee they would have to be pretty unbiased and completely have the best interest of the event in mind. Anxious would be a good word for it!

I would definitely want to know if I was ever considered. Just having your name mentioned as a possibility for the Grandaddy Captain role is a huge honor in itself. I means you are doing something right around here and made a positive impact in some way.

I wouldn’t want to know if I was a finalist and didn’t make the cut. But I am a bury-my-head-in-the-sand type of guy. Maybe that is why I can’t reliably get out of bunkers ;)

Remember there will be plenty of contests again this year, if you don't enter you won't make the team. I know it can leave you feeling down when a contest ends and you don't make it, but continue to try.
It truly is the ultimate of events for us and a life changing experience.

Man, I’ve been traveling so I haven’t been able to weigh in a lot, but the discussion over the last few days has been awesome. Being captain or assistant captain for the GD would be a huge honor and responsibility for anyone. I was lucky to have a great cap and am ever thankful for that. It is a lot to take on...the Grandaddy seems to bring out the best in most people.

I wouldn’t want to know. I’m confident I’ve represented myself, THP and this event to the best of my abilities. I’m confident thats enough to be considered, but I don’t expect nor do I think I deserve anything.

One of the hardest decisions to make is who will fill the big shoes left by the captains of the last two teams.
I have some ideas. Solicited thoughts from a handful of others.
It is a tough one.
I don’t envy you. There are a lot of great candidates around here! You have made good choices the last two years so I’m sure you will again!
I can’t wait to see this years team fill up.

Reading this thread makes me want to go back 3 years. I keep hearing that @JB has done well 2 years in a row :oops:

Reading this thread makes me want to go back 3 years. I keep hearing that @JB has done well 2 years in a row :oops:

2 years ago, we made a change to instead of choosing a staff member as a captain, we would choose a forum member.
@tequila4kapp and @McLovin were amazing and in some ways restored my faith in humanity :ROFLMAO:

You should never contribute to any shoe conversation. Ever. I feel like you’ve lost that privilege.
What about best all-white golf shoes of all time?

It would certainly be cool to have some input on who the next captain is.
I know who I would pick....

Of course it would violate rule #1 to pick yourself so I better not be on the committee ?

Back