Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Returned the Odyssey #7 and am now in full on putter pondering. Fell in love with the new pure roll insert this weekend but I've also been smitten with the method core. Bagged the seemore last night at the practice green, but distance control really isn't there with me and that club.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I demoed the Method Core and it's insert is right up there with the PureRoll TM insert. I would love to see a head to head comparison.

Just received an X24 AW to complete my 5-AW "set." Looking forward to some rounds if it ever breaks 50 around here! Sadly, returning a DST 20.5 hybrid that was mistakenly sent with the stiff versus regular shaft. :banghead:

I have been playing a "no name" set of iorns fo about 10 years. I am shooting to hit single digits this year and as a reward I am going to treat myself to a good set of clubs. With all the different clubs out there I dont know where to begin. Forged, cavity backed, oversized, steel shaft, graphite etc. Anyone got any pointers?

I have been playing a "no name" set of iorns fo about 10 years. I am shooting to hit single digits this year and as a reward I am going to treat myself to a good set of clubs. With all the different clubs out there I dont know where to begin. Forged, cavity backed, oversized, steel shaft, graphite etc. Anyone got any pointers?

There are lots of good clubs out right now. Thats the good thing. Now you just need to find what you like and what works for your game. Id go somewhere that gives you the most choices in clubs, hit them all or have a massive shoot out. Then go with whatever gives you the best results, pleases the eye and just works the best.

This is the time of year when many clubs are having demo days too. That's a good way to try things out as well.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

With all the varities to choose from I could be testing clubs all year. I have an "in" at Taylor Made so I will probably start there. I also heard that Ping has a very good club fitting program so I will probably check them out also.

With all the varities to choose from I could be testing clubs all year. I have an "in" at Taylor Made so I will probably start there. I also heard that Ping has a very good club fitting program so I will probably check them out also.

What are you looking for in a set of irons? Do you have any preferences for looks, ball flight, etc?

Check out the Burner 2.0's in that case. Awesome clubs. They offer distance, good looks, provide good feedback on mishits and are just plain serious clubs. Of course I have to plug the W/S Di11's. Theyre great clubs too offering just about everything the 2.0's do and almost outperform them. Ping makes great irons too but I think there a few sets Id pick before them. Callaway Razr X or Tours maybe.

Im not sure, I have been working hard on a new swing this year and I am getting much better contact and lag. I generally hit the ball very high (I am very happy with an 8 degree Warbird driver) but I want to get more spin on the ball.

I'd also recommend looking through the many reviews THP has, the shootouts and the threads in this forum with extensive user testing. Might give you some more ideas.

I'm pondering again. My TW9s don't seem to be working for me. There's too much bounce on them, I just can't get comfortable with that. Now I'm back to looking at wedges.

Last time I was thinking either Ping Tour S, or Callaway Jaws. Am I on the right track people?

Im not sure, I have been working hard on a new swing this year and I am getting much better contact and lag. I generally hit the ball very high (I am very happy with an 8 degree Warbird driver) but I want to get more spin on the ball.

Can you elaborate on more spin? If you are hitting a high ball already, don't you fear balloning?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Razr X Line
TP CB's
New grips..
TA7's. LOL.

I'm pondering so much I think I scared my driver into solid contact.

that sound you just heard was your wallet going into lockdown mode

that's a good list Yoccos...the Outing is going to be a busy time for you

Razr X Line
TP CB's
New grips..
TA7's. LOL.

I'm pondering so much I think I scared my driver into solid contact.

if he can hold off till then :alien:

It really is Hanks. I'm so excited for this one. I just hope I don't tear my finger up again lol. I had the worlds biggest blister from Demo day. I'm going to come up with a plan for this one for sure. Pace myself.

bandaids on the fingers/knuckles....they work for Tiger (well, they did)

curious to see what fills your driver slot....

It really is Hanks. I'm so excited for this one. I just hope I don't tear my finger up again lol. I had the worlds biggest blister from Demo day. I'm going to come up with a plan for this one for sure. Pace myself.

A Piretti Forza. Its Piretti's new #9 style they are going to release in acouple of weeks. They've been on fire with all kinds of releases lately with the Meta, Matera, and the Potenza. But, I've always been a sucker for a nice #9 style flatstick, and one in midnight black could be rediculous.

Also, not really on the "equipment" per-say, but I'm eyeballing some autographed Pin-Flags for my man cave that I'm about to repaint a nice green anyhow.

I intend to be very busy at demo day not so much cause I really need to buy anything but I want to use it to help my understanding of golf equipment. I want to hit as many different clubs as I can and learn about them, how they feel then learn why they feel that way they do.

Lol.... Yeah I'm gonna go two gloves for demo day dude haha. Maybe not that extreme but it's gonna be maximum protection.

The driver... Well definitely a Callaway is going in there at some point. I have some decisions there though.

The other part well...Let's just say I have something or two or three in mind.

R11
ZStar
Cleveland 270

bandaids on the fingers/knuckles....they work for Tiger (well, they did)

curious to see what fills your driver slot....

Ive been trying for 4 months to find a old Taylormade Burner 5H rescue club

missed one on ebay by a day, and the others with buy it now are almost $100

plenty of 3H and 4H out there, or regular shaft instead of stiff like I need, but for the life of me, cant score a 5H

Ive been trying for 4 months to find a old Taylormade Burner 5H rescue club

missed one on ebay by a day, and the others with buy it now are almost $100

plenty of 3H and 4H out there, or regular shaft instead of stiff like I need, but for the life of me, cant score a 5H

ebay's like that. You always find something you think is perfect at first....... but the shaft is always the wrong flex or the loft isn't right, or its the wrong model labeled wrong. If you had posted this 2 weeks ago I acutally had what you wanted in a stiff flex. Good luck in your search Mike

just my luck...lol

well while im asking, Im looking for a used 42 degree cleveland niblick if anyone has one to part with

just my luck...lol

well while im asking, Im looking for a used 42 degree cleveland niblick if anyone has one to part with

haha there was one in the Marketplace here a few weeks ago as well. :banghead:

It appears I have to be here for longer to even view the marketplace, so I guess I really didnt miss out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back