2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

I think after I burn through last dozen or so zstarxvs from last year, the x or xs is going to get first crack.

Is it February 14th yet?!?! I can't wait to try these!!

I will post the data this afternoon, but conversations in another thread had me looking at spin and I went back to the ball.

I tested 7 different balls, the 2020 RX was in the middle (three balls spun more and three balls spun less) off of a driver - it was the lowest spinning ball with a wedge.

I will post the data this afternoon, but conversations in another thread had me looking at spin and I went back to the ball.

I tested 7 different balls, the 2020 RX was in the middle (three balls spun more and three balls spun less) off of a driver - it was the lowest spinning ball with a wedge.

Can't wait for the data... What balls were tested?

Can't wait for the data... What balls were tested?

2018 RXS
Prov1 and Prov1x (both current inline)
Callaway TT CSX ?
Callaway CS Truvis 2018
Srixon Z Star XV 2019 Ball

Bridgestone RX 56* Wedge Testing vs the following balls:

2018 RXS
Prov1 and Prov1x (both current inline)
Callaway TT CSX ?
Callaway CS Truvis 2018
Srixon Z Star XV 2019 Ball

Club:

Cobra King Black Wedge 56* Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Versatile Grind

I took three swings with each ball with the wedge. This was toward the end of my session.

Dispersion:
KING 56 Ball Testing Trackman Dispersion 1.26.20.GIF

Prov1 was the big winner here, followed by the RXS and CS Truvis. Balls that performed poorly were ZStar XV CSX TT and Prov1X.

Trajectory:
KING 56 Ball Testing Trackman Trajectory 1.26.20.GIF

RXS launched the highest with one shot that was a bit of a miss. ProV1 was the most consistent and one of the highest launching balls. Z Star was the most inconsistent and poor performers. RX had one not perfect shot, but pretty much maintained a consistent mid flight. CS Truvis was another very consistent and high launching offering as well.

The Data:

Bridgestone Balls:

KING 56 Tour B 18 RXS and 20 RX Ball Testing Trackman 1.26.20.GIF

Both of these balls performed well and felt good off face. RXS launched a bit higher and spun a bit more, was thinking it would be more spin compared to the others, it didn't. The new RX, I was shocked at how low spin it was compared to the rest of the balls. Didn't give up too much distance though, definitely playable. Shots were solid too, nothing really bad or anything flushed in testing these two balls.

Titleist Balls:
KING 56 PROV1 and PROV1X Ball Testing Trackman 1.26.20.GIF
Both of these balls performed well and felt good off face. Similar launch for both of these balls. With how much more spin the ProV1 generated than the Bridgestone balls it makes sense to see the consistency. My best shot during wedge testing was one of the shots hit with the ProV1 - absolutely flushed. My swings were a little bit better with the ProV1 vs the RX so definitely more testing needed.

Callaway Balls:
KING 56 Callaway CSX TT and CS Truvis Ball Testing Trackman 1.26.20.GIF
Admittedly I did not have my best stuff with the CSX. Still playable and it launched in line with the other balls, spun a TON - but Club/Ball speed was down compared to the others. CS Truvis was a different story good club and ball speed, good launch, distance was in line with other non X balls which was positive, also dispersion as noted before was good.

Srixon VX:
KING 56 ZStar XV Ball Testing Trackman 1.26.20.GIF

Just did not have the swing or performance with the XV today - similar performance in Driver as well. Club/Ball Speed was down - spin was up there though and carry distance was not good.

Overall Thoughts:

I don't think the RX is my ball based on the spin numbers, I would lean toward RXS - however spin was lower compared to other balls. The RX though, performed well enough, 115 yards of carry close to the RXS and some other style balls. I don't think I decided on a ball, but definitely removed a couple from the discussion when looking at wedges.

More data to come with head to head testing with driver.

@OITW are you doing driver with this type of test as well?

I rented a Pacifica last year and it was actually a good ass car!

interested in the results bc I will be looking to decide between xs and RXS.

I really think the RXS will be a secret assassin this coming year. It’s such a great spec compared to the previous year now that it has the REACTIV cover. It’s an amazing greenside spin ball now. I think it’s going to do really well this year. Plus Fred loves the new RXS, so there’s that!

I really think the RXS will be a secret assassin this coming year. It’s such a great spec compared to the previous year now that it has the REACTIV cover. It’s an amazing greenside spin ball now. I think it’s going to do really well this year. Plus Fred loves the new RXS, so there’s that!
And it comes in yellow! I hover around the 105 SS so definitely going to try both S balls!

Want to hear some awesome insider info folks... his team texted our tour department this morning and said he loved the extra spin! He said “give me more!” View attachment 8925171
Wasn’t Tiger always asking for the most spin possible because he could decide when to use it and when not to, regardless of club?

I just realized that the likely hood of anyone around here having the new Bridgestone ball in stock on 02.14.20 is slim as Barney Fife after a 30 day fast.

Maybe I can run over to Dick's Sporting Goods in Macon (about 30 miles from here) that Friday and grab a dozen.

I just realized that the likely hood of anyone around here having the new Bridgestone ball in stock on 02.14.20 is slim as Barney Fife after a 30 day fast.

Maybe I can run over to Dick's Sporting Goods in Macon (about 30 miles from here) that Friday and grab a dozen.

Order Your Supplies Online. And try a find a Discount Online Coupon to boot.

Same Day or free shipping is available many times :drinks:

Order Your Supplies Online. And try a find a Discount Online Coupon to boot.

Same Day or free shipping is available many times :drinks:

Budget Golf always has the THP Coupon...

Thoughts on the XS once I get to work this morning.

Spent the last hour yesterday hitting wedges over trees into the practice green and just chuckling at the action.

Thoughts on the XS once I get to work this morning.

Spent the last hour yesterday hitting wedges over trees into the practice green and just chuckling at the action.
Going to need video....especially if you can get one to walk up a tree backwards. ?

On my way to the course to play these balls today

On my way to the course to play these balls today
Hit em straight and watch out for the cup spin!

Back