Odyssey Triple Track Putters

Disagree. The placement of the alignment setup in relation to the ball matters.

Does it still work? Yes. Is it as efficient/effective? No. That is from the mouth of Sean Toulon himself.

I agree with this. I almost went with the dw tt but the view just didn’t work for my eyes. I was putting better with the #10 that had continuous and uninterrupted line into the TT ball. The longer line on the 10 also gave me a quicker set up as I line up the putt which is much for effective for me. That’s just my personal opinion.

I agree with this. I almost went with the dw tt but the view just didn’t work for my eyes. I was putting better with the #10 that had continuous and uninterrupted line into the TT ball. The longer line on the 10 also gave me a quicker set up as I line up the putt which is much for effective for me. That’s just my personal opinion.
I kinda want a 10. I won't lie.

Yes, I absolutely am, and so is Sean Toulon.

The inclusion of the DW was, IMO, two-fold. 1) They needed a blade type model, and the DW checks a ton of boxes. 2) They can't use the topline, but, in the cavity it still will improve golfers alignment, and that is better than not.

Again, like the last time I brought this up in here and ruffled feathers, this is NOT saying it doesn't work int he DW, its saying it works, but not as well as the setup in the other models. Alignment placement in relation to the ball and how the eyes perceive it matters.
Well Sh$# I guess I need a new puTTer :p

I can't wrap my head around it making a difference. Eye dominance making a difference I could see.

Well Sh$# I guess I need a new puTTer :p

I can't wrap my head around it making a difference. Eye dominance making a difference I could see.
If you don't take my word for it, take that Sean Toulon's, he's done some things or something over the years I hear. :p

Seriously though, again, not saying the DW isn't effective, its simply more effective closer to the center/upper portion of the ball.

Yes, I absolutely am, and so is Sean Toulon.

The inclusion of the DW was, IMO, two-fold. 1) They needed a blade type model, and the DW checks a ton of boxes. 2) They can't use the topline, but, in the cavity it still will improve golfers alignment, and that is better than not.

Again, like the last time I brought this up in here and ruffled feathers, this is NOT saying it doesn't work int he DW, its saying it works, but not as well as the setup in the other models. Alignment placement in relation to the ball and how the eyes perceive it matters.

I am a dumb old hillbilly and that makes complete sense to me. Also feathers are over rated

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

If you don't take my word for it, take that Sean Toulon's, he's done some things or something over the years I hear. :p

Seriously though, again, not saying the DW isn't effective, its simply more effective closer to the center/upper portion of the ball.
When you have time link that study up for me, I'm a geek for that kinda stuff. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, good discussion but we just won't agree on this point.

Not to disparage the idea of TT on the putter, but doesn't the wider alignment line on the 10 and BOP help with squaring up the putter to the ball as well?

Not to disparage the idea of TT on the putter, but doesn't the wider alignment line on the 10 and BOP help with squaring up the putter to the ball as well?

Not sure what you mean, are you referring to the 10 and BOP with the non TT line?

For sure. But, this takes it up a notch.

I am going to look long and hard at these in March after the new CS is released. I can’t talk myself into it before then. I appreciate all of the reviews and think this will be great for my game.
CS ? Did you get wind of a center shaft triple track odyssey?

CS ? Did you get wind of a center shaft triple track odyssey?
No. That is abbreviation commonly used for Chromesoft. Sorry for the confusion

I was able to play on Sunday and even on half-frozen, slow greens, I think I saw enough to say that the combination of the Ten with TT and a TT ball is going to be an absolute game changer for me this year. I didn't read everything exactly right or hit it the right speed all the time, but I don't think I missed my line once. And if I did, it was by a very small amount. I think I might make a lot more putts in the 6-15 foot range this year.

I was able to play on Sunday and even on half-frozen, slow greens, I think I saw enough to say that the combination of the Ten with TT and a TT ball is going to be an absolute game changer for me this year. I didn't read everything exactly right or hit it the right speed all the time, but I don't think I missed my line once. And if I did, it was by a very small amount. I think I might make a lot more putts in the 6-15 foot range this year.

My playing partners tell me they can't read greens. My response is I could not either until I learned to hit my line. Now that I can hit my line more often with a ball rolling pure it has helped me read greens and speed better. I hit more 8 to 15 foot putts this past season then I had in the prior 5 years combined. It was that big a change. the pesky 4ft putts I seem to struggle with more then the 8.

My playing partners tell me they can't read greens. My response is I could not either until I learned to hit my line. Now that I can hit my line more often with a ball rolling pure it has helped me read greens and speed better. I hit more 8 to 15 foot putts this past season then I had in the prior 5 years combined. It was that big a change. the pesky 4ft putts I seem to struggle with more then the 8.

I think this is so true. I have no data to support this (don't @ me @Snickerdog!), but I genuinely believe many people who think they stink at reading greens actually stink at lining up properly. maybe they read it perfectly, but they missed their line by a fraction of a degree, and missed the putt. The TT ball with the puTTer eliminates that variable (assuming you can hit your line).

I think this is so true. I have no data to support this (don't @ me @Snickerdog!), but I genuinely believe many people who think they stink at reading greens actually stink at lining up properly. maybe they read it perfectly, but they missed by their by a fraction of a degree, and missed the putt. The TT ball with the puTTer eliminates that variable (assuming you can hit your line).

I could not agree with this post more.

I could not agree with this post more.

and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would probably be skeptical. but seeing my alignment go from 4 flurking degrees off, to a half degree off by simply using triple track technology to assist with my alignment was full on ?

and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would probably be skeptical. but seeing my alignment go from 4 flurking degrees off, to a half degree off by simply using triple track technology to assist with my alignment was full on ?

FWIW, I went from 2 to .5 with the same switch.
I dont have the putter as we sent it to @Jman but it kind of blew me away.

I'm hoping to try these out later this week (I think release date is 29th in UK) reading all the comments here has really got me. My putting is pretty poor & I've recently started using the triple track balls which have helped.

i was tempted by last year's marxman as the solid white line looks like it would do a similar job but wasn't overly sure of the shape of the head. Currently using a Cleveland elevado

I think this is so true. I have no data to support this (don't @ me @Snickerdog!), but I genuinely believe many people who think they stink at reading greens actually stink at lining up properly. maybe they read it perfectly, but they missed their line by a fraction of a degree, and missed the putt. The TT ball with the puTTer eliminates that variable (assuming you can hit your line).

Absolutely, totally agree with this. Many THPers saw this during SeeMore events - everyone generally is bad at aligning their putter to their chosen target line.

That's what's so exciting to me about this TT tech! After a lot of work, I became better at aiming my putter - I believe because I retrained my eyes/brain. This Triple Track tech should make it so much easier for golfers to improve on this. It's a putting life hack! (Or at least I hope it will be for me. Haven't tried it yet)

Everyone should try these putters!!! Will the tech work for everyone, no probably not but it is worth trying to find out if it can help you. Everyone has a learning curve, so it has to be given an honest try and not just rolling a few in the store.

People will love them in store though on those funnel cupped greens. I think those greens sell more putters than any review ever has:p:p:p

my confidence increases each time. If I miss it’s bc I didn’t putt firm enough or putt too hard. Those short putts will be automatic.

I won’t be surprised if other oems try to do something similar

Years ago when the first Odyssey Two ball putters came out I put a line right down the middle of the two balls. It helped my alignment. I know this became popular for a while. You just had to be careful to do it right or you would ruin the putter.

My biggest takeaway continues to be that its amazing how many self proclaimed bad putters actually have good technique/strokes but no recognition at all of aim.

This review has reminded me of when SeeMore put me on the laser in Franklin and I was aimed a foot and a half right of where I thought I was. Same revelatory reaction here as I come around to using this now. Visually, its not the most attractive, and that will undoubtedly push some away and keep some from even thinking about them, which is a shame, but the bottom line is the lines do work.

And from 10 and in its definitely even more confidence building.

Years ago when the first Odyssey Two ball putters came out I put a line right down the middle of the two balls. It helped my alignment. I know this became popular for a while. You just had to be careful to do it right or you would ruin the putter.
Yup, and then eventually Odyssey did it for us, haha! Think of this as that, but on steroids. I personally don't care for the look, but the results do not lie.

Big question for me will also remain if they can get some consistent Tour use out of them this summer.

Back