Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

Maybe Tapatalk could sponsor some iron covers
:surrender:

He went there.....

The only way I would think iron covers are cool is if each one had a famous musician on it, that way I could tell everyone that they are my “cover band”.

Just picked up my new iron covers for this year on eBay.

Bring it. 😁

542F48FC-4F7B-4EFA-A15F-FDA6C171DDE9.jpeg

I honestly have only seen one or two sets of iron covers total in my threesome/foursome in the last 25 years. They are just slightly more common than a Unicorn sighting for me.

I'm not against iron covers, having owned a couple sets, and probably still having a set around here somewhere.

What I am against, is the junk neoprene-ish covers that seem to be the cheap/easily available option. The ones on ebay for like 15 bucks a set with your favorite OEM brand marked on the side. The ones that aren't nearly as easy to put on your iron as you would think.

If it was something more custom, more unique to you, and a bit better quality, I would be all for it. Heck, show me a color matched crochet/knitted sleeve cover, and I would probably throw them on for fun.

Intellectually they make sense, protecting the heads etc. Emotionally-I'm not there yet.

Iron covers are a personal preference. I don't use them even though my iron clubs came with covers.

What ever other's choice is, I can live with it. Not a big deal.

I use them, I hate hearing them bang and clank around on the cart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I use them, I hate hearing them bang and clank around on the cart.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Best reason possible.

Sucks you can't look at your irons in the bag, but doesn't suck when you pull them out and there isn't a ding on them!

I thought I wanted them...then I saw them in use...then I hated them.

I don't hate them at all so I guess I couldn't hate them less than I do now.

I don't use them but I don't hate them. Too much of a pain to keep track of and take off and put on after every shot. I used to get lazy about my driver, fairwayand hybrid covers until I had a Srixon Z565 hybrid get chips in it from bag chatter. Iron heads seem more durable.

I kind of want not-sucky iron covers now.
Oh no not you too. Why?

Heres another crappy thing about iron covers. What happens when you lose one then you have a bunch of irons with covers and a few without which is an even dumber look.

Oh no not you too. Why?

Heres another crappy thing about iron covers. What happens when you lose one then you have a bunch of irons with covers and a few without which is an even dumber look.
What sort of weirdo loses a headcover?

Confession time.

I use iron covers with my new Cobra Speedzones and Cobra MIM wedges. My Captain may disown me :ROFLMAO: as I know his thoughts on them. But, I want to keep the clubs as nice as possible, for as long as possible.

I found a set that aren’t too generic and are intended mainly for travel, but have been using them the last couple rounds while the clubs are brand new. The covers I have are leather like and have an embroidered flag 4 leaf clover on them.
Did you ever hear @JasonFinleyCG thoughts on iron covers? I feel the same way. Don’t let me see them on your clubs at the MC haha

What sort of weirdo loses a headcover?
They just fall off and disappear because they are stupid. I’ve witnessed it on more than one occasion

I’m not a hater of the iron covers. Just like to show off the shiny expensive blades that a person with my skill level should not be playing.

Back