Could You Hate Iron Covers Less?

I use them as I don't like the chatter that iron faces get from normal bag use without them. I've never really cared what others think. I'm all in for more stylish headcovers.
I bought a set of them for this reason but then quickly found that I didn't put them back on throughout the round so I ditched them because I like looking at my irons when I am not playing.

Nope. Ultimately I'd lose one and that'd make me hate them even more.

Just can't stand them regardless. I have no problems with others who do, but I won't use them again.

Last edited:
I don't get it myself. If some don't like iron head covers, that's fine, but no reason to jump on people who do. It's their game, their money, they should be able to play the game the way they want, and not someone else's conception of how their bag should look.

This is the set I use traveling. They have about a 7/10 hold rate.
nip-tourstage-black-leather-iron_1_3ac5b49290456f9914d7c8d117872c2b.jpg

Found the pic I was looking for. It's aggressive.
BF9324D3-98D1-4C7F-83D0-F4A995A5ACD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Cap'n @Canadan has given me express permission to buy headcovers for the Forged Tecs. Now....if only I could find a set that didn't make me feel physically ill!

I love how people feel so strongly about this. Passion is fun. I hate iron covers. Coming more from a former caddie perspective - they would be such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Nope. Maybe for transport in the back of the truck to/from course. Gouges, dings and scratches are like battle scars. Each has their own short story. What’s next - shoe bags?

Cap'n @Canadan has given me express permission to buy headcovers for the Forged Tecs. Now....if only I could find a set that didn't make me feel physically ill!
The impossible solution. You’re welcome. 😂

If SWAG (or your preferred headcover company) made iron covers.... Could you game them?

Something like.... this on your irons

swag.jpg

I don't have a dislike for them, but more so, inconvenient to use on the course.

Where'd you find those?
EBay.. And they are the ones I got for my Morgan Cup set last year and I've yet to lose one.. 😳

Here's one listing but there may be others :

EBay.. And they are the ones I got for my Morgan Cup set last year and I've yet to lose one.. 😳

This guy GETS IT!!!!!

Looks like the Craftsman covers that I use except for the Velcro part. How're they holding up as far as the condition? Mine are looking pretty rough after a year or so, but I figure for $10, I couldn't expect much more.

Looks like the Craftsman covers that I use except for the Velcro part. How're they holding up as far as the condition? Mine are looking pretty rough after a year or so, but I figure for $10, I couldn't expect much more.
Mine are surprisingly in good shape. Since it is just a stretch fit they have held snug and don't come off. They are also quick going on and off since there is no velcro or zipper. I am assuming at some point the stitching will start to fail but it's been almost a year and a half and they still look good. I'll try to grab a picture next time I'm in my garage. They had 2 styles when I ordered, one with the orange at the top and one that was mostly black with the Cobra logo.

Interesting note about a number of those covers shown using company logos. Many of them are doing so without logo consent.

Interesting note about a number of those covers shown using company logos. Many of them are doing so without logo consent.
I actually wondered about that. Is it not worth the time for the major manufacturers to go after them? I know some actually offer them but many do not.

Back