Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

Whoa. The Grandaddy guys didn't have that issue and I haven't either. I played in bad rain in Hammock Beach at Distance Bash in these and I remember @MbrowningCG and I poured water off of them not believing they would be resistant.

You may want to reach out to the company.
It’s bad, and given the price, I’m very disappointed.

It’s bad, and given the price, I’m very disappointed.

I wore my indigo pair in a downpour recently and they held up well.

Whoa. The Grandaddy guys didn't have that issue and I haven't either. I played in bad rain in Hammock Beach at Distance Bash in these and I remember @MbrowningCG and I poured water off of them not believing they would be resistant.

honest question here....we were told in another thread that they currently have no warranty. Would that be an issue?

I wore my indigo pair in a downpour recently and they held up well.
Well my gray ones did not. Dew while walking and the natural motion of the feet in the golf swing finishing to the toe and they’re stained.

honest question here....we were told in another thread that they currently have no warranty. Would that be an issue?
This is my fear.

I genuinely don’t know. But if after one wear a shoe had major issues and review after review has come out with no issues, I would say something.

I genuinely don’t know. But if after one wear a shoe had major issues and review after review has come out with no issues, I would say something.
And I plan on it. But I won’t be getting another pair, I know that, pretty gut wrenching to pay a hefty tag and come away feeling gut punched.

And I plan on it. But I won’t be getting another pair, I know that, pretty gut wrenching to pay a hefty tag and come away feeling gut punched.

that is disappointing indeed, and too bad. I like my other ones and it sounds like you do too.

that is disappointing indeed, and too bad. I like my other ones and it sounds like you do too.
I think it’s key to remember, I’ve got the light grey, JB mentioned having the blue which are darker, as are the other two options. Iirc, the Grandaddy guys predominantly had darker colors, so it’s no wonder their feedback would be different since this will hide dirt much easier.

And I love my other pairs. For sure.

I think it’s key to remember, I’ve got the light grey, JB mentioned having the blue which are darker, as are the other two options. Iirc, the Grandaddy guys predominantly had darker colors, so it’s no wonder their feedback would be different since this will hide dirt much easier.

That's unfortunate as I have the light grey as well. Will keep an eye on it for sure!

That's unfortunate as I have the light grey as well. Will keep an eye on it for sure!

The ones I’m eyeing are the “Heather Grey”, which look a little darker then the “Heather Microchip”. Sounds like they check all the boxes for comfort, but I too wouldn’t want a pair that stained up easily.

Mine were dirty no doubt after the rain on day 1 in December. But, when I got home, I took the insole out, put some tide directly on the dirty parts, wrapped them in a towel and just sent them into the washing machine. Set them out to dry and they were like brand new again.

+1 here. I’ve put some rounds on mine in varying weather and stains are not an issue. A quick wipe down post round and they look pretty good. No real discoloration or staining

Mine were dirty no doubt after the rain on day 1 in December. But, when I got home, I took the insole out, put some tide directly on the dirty parts, wrapped them in a towel and just sent them into the washing machine. Set them out to dry and they were like brand new again.

just my $0.02, but if i bought a pair of shoes and after 1 round in less than ideal conditions i had to go through all the steps you did, i would feel let down. that’s a ton of work for a brand new shoe. and not for nothing, but ive played in far worse conditions than we did at the hideaway. good on ya for going the extra mile, but i’m glad i wore the legends that day with minimal cleaning required.

just my $0.02, but if i bought a pair of shoes and after 1 round in less than ideal conditions i had to go through all the steps you did, i would feel let down. that’s a ton of work for a brand new shoe. and not for nothing, but ive played in far worse conditions than we did at the hideaway. good on ya for going the extra mile, but i’m glad i wore the legends that day with minimal cleaning required.
You’re not alone. I love that it sounds like they’ll machine wash. I don’t like that I’m potentially looking at that every round if there is any moisture at all, even dew, on the ground.

Cool others haven’t seen anything, but, I still have. In retrospect I sure wouldnt have gone with the light grey. 😭

You’re not alone. I love that it sounds like they’ll machine wash. I don’t like that I’m potentially looking at that every round if there is any moisture at all, even dew, on the ground.

Cool others haven’t seen anything, but, I still have. In retrospect I sure wouldnt have gone with the light grey. 😭

It would be cool if they swapped them out for you in a different color. I know they’re not obligated, but would be a good cs story.

It would be cool if they swapped them out for you in a different color. I know they’re not obligated, but would be a good cs story.
I’m going to reach out. Will also get pics up this weekend so people will see for a fact I’m not making things up. ;)

I’m going to reach out. Will also get pics up this weekend so people will see for a fact I’m not making things up. ;)

I believe it. If anyone could put them through the paces it would be you. But, should be more than one round b4 you see stains. Hope they can do something for you. I’m looking for comfort, and getting these in a little darker color, so these are still very much on ponder mode for me.

Stains after just one round? Disappointing. Hopefully customer service takes care of you

Oh, I agree 100%. But, at the end of the day, they're mesh and light colored. They're not going to clean up like a leather shoe 🤷

Now, I'm not saying that it's normal to have to wash shoes after one round. Just throwing out a possibility of getting them back to better shape.

This is a huge, huge bummer! The Moneymakers look so good but that durability and staining takes them out of the running. I play in the wet a lot.

This is a huge, huge bummer! The Moneymakers look so good but that durability and staining takes them out of the running. I play in the wet a lot.
It is a bummer, but we will see what they say about it.

And I’m clearly in the minority here, but I also think the others have the colorways which are darker than the lightest grey I have. That said I also know I’m not making this up. I honestly hesitated on them because of the lack of a “protection” portion on the toe like most other sh shoes have, but dove in based on the feedback here.

They’re definitely comfortable though. Just looks like I’ll not be able to use them in the morning walking rounds. I’ve got the trio alone today, but I’ll grab some pics this afternoon.

It is a bummer, but we will see what they say about it.

And I’m clearly in the minority here, but I also think the others have the colorways which are darker than the lightest grey I have. That said I also know I’m not making this up. I honestly hesitated on them because of the lack of a “protection” portion on the toe like most other sh shoes have, but dove in based on the feedback here.

They’re definitely comfortable though. Just looks like I’ll not be able to use them in the morning walking rounds. I’ve got the trio alone today, but I’ll grab some pics this afternoon.
They look so good in the box - that makes me real sad but I hope it gets resolved.

Maybe I should scotch guard mine? Don't know if that will help much with stains though. Might help some with dew/moisture.

Back