Cuater by TravisMathew: The Legend and The Moneymaker

I was able to get my first nine holes of walking in with the Legends and they didn't disappoint one time. Here's how I know they are good, I never noticed them at all as I was walking the whole time. That may sound like a weird comment but to me it means they were so comfortable I never thought about my feet getting tired. These things are like walking on a cloud filled with fuzzy kittens.

I also think they have such a great classic look with a touch of modern. It's a look I truly love.

The moneymakers are incredibly comfortable from the go. Live the insole, the softness of the overall shoe., e.t.c. but after 18 holes, I did develop a blister on the back of my left tendon. So I might have to take a few days off. It's good timing as my home course is shut down for quarantine/ aerification this week.

Last edited:
I like the shoes but think Desmond is right about the name. Hey honey have you seen my Cuater’s. Just doesn’t sound right.

My shoes FINALLY shipped!

Moneeeeeeyyyymaker y’all

EEE76D48-AB78-4CDA-A805-0813B7189BAE.jpeg

I noticed that TM is having a friends and family 25% off on apparel and 15% on first footwear order.

I though the legends were sweet but these are amazing! Did someone get the blues?
Not sure if anyone bought them or not, I don’t think we got Moneymakers in for review. I’m just a shoe ***** who went crazy. :p

The grey is even better in hand. I dig them a lot.

The moneymakers are very comfortable and I walked 18 in them last week. They’re light and breathable. I have the white version and I’ve noticed they collect dirt easily. The fabric makes for a nice shoe but I’d recommend them when you know you’re riding/playing a dry course.

Conditions were a little wet and unfortunately it showed. Otherwise, I really like these.

When I saw JMan's photo of the Moneymaker yesterday on my phone. My first thought was marching band shoes. They looked pure white!! But seeing the shoe on my computer they are really nice.Love the color. Enjoy them.

When I saw JMan's photo of the Moneymaker yesterday on my phone. My first thought was marching band shoes. They looked pure white!! But seeing the shoe on my computer they are really nice.Love the color. Enjoy them.
Agreed - before the comment I thought he had white in MMs. GRAY is killer.

Finally got to wear the Moneymakers on Saturday, the sole insert is so damn comfortable. Really, they are the most comfy bed of a shoe I have ever experienced, golf shoe or otherwise.

Only issue I had after walking 18 holes in them was that on my right ankle I had a little but of digging into my heel, but nothing serious. Thinking a change of socks could eliminate that. Hoping to get more rounds in this week with them so will report back when I have more feedback.

Finally got to wear the Moneymakers on Saturday, the sole insert is so damn comfortable. Really, they are the most comfy bed of a shoe I have ever experienced, golf shoe or otherwise.

Only issue I had after walking 18 holes in them was that on my right ankle I had a little but of digging into my heel, but nothing serious. Thinking a change of socks could eliminate that. Hoping to get more rounds in this week with them so will report back when I have more feedback.
I had the same issue in December. I haven't brought them out to the course at home yet. But, I think I may pull them out of the closet next time I play. Will be mindful to make sure I have a good sock that covers where it likes to dig into my ankle.

there's something about lacing up my legends that (temporarily) makes me feel like i'm a better golfer than I actually am. I can't explain why, but there's a little extra strut to my step when i'm rocking these beauties.

A435359D-3BC5-46E5-8BF3-58FDE5A84997.jpeg

I had the same issue in December. I haven't brought them out to the course at home yet. But, I think I may pull them out of the closet next time I play. Will be mindful to make sure I have a good sock that covers where it likes to dig into my ankle.

wore them again Tuesday for 18 with a slightly thicker sock and didn't even notice it. could be they were broken in a little, could be the socks, could be that I had a few celebrating Cinco de mayo, but comfortable AF is what I would call the moneymaker for me.

there's something about lacing up my legends that (temporarily) makes me feel like i'm a better golfer than I actually am. I can't explain why, but there's a little extra strut to my step when i'm rocking these beauties.

View attachment 8941662
I think they have become my favorite shoe ever. So classy looking and so comfortable.

I love the moneymakers. Walked 18 in them on Tuesday and was not sore at all....

I’ll repeat that again, zero soreness post-round. I really considering another pair of these, they’re just that good. My only reservation is that the white fabric seems to show dirt easily. Tuesday was fairly dry and it wasn’t a problem this time though.

View attachment 8941662
Cannot blame you there! :cool::cool::love::love:

Still haven't held one but after seeing pictures and reading testimonies these seem to be a really good shoe line.

I was able to wear my Moneymakers yesterday walking 9 holes and they might the most comfortable golf shoe I've worn.
For a shoe that was brand new I never felt like there was any break in period and the traction of the spikeless pattern never slipped.
BTW The Indigo color is just outstanding.

Highly Recommend them!

Love my moneymakers, but worry about the woven material on the toe as it's been pretty muddy here this spring.

Love my moneymakers, but worry about the woven material on the toe as it's been pretty muddy here this spring.
Don’t wear them in the heavy dew or the wet. Mine were pretty much stained and ruined from one round in the dew.

Love my other Cuater pairs, the moneymaker though I’m pretty disappointed in.

Don’t wear them in the heavy dew or the wet. Mine were pretty much stained and ruined from one round in the dew.

thats a bummer

Whoa. The Grandaddy guys didn't have that issue and I haven't either. I played in bad rain in Hammock Beach at Distance Bash in these and I remember @MbrowningCG and I poured water off of them not believing they would be resistant.

You may want to reach out to the company.

Back